Vinland Saga - Vol. 25 Ch. 179 - Sailing West Part 13

Fed-Kun's army
Hild do be kind of useless though. Ngl the author introduced to many characters that have no impact on the story in general for this journey.

I'm seeing people say that Hild has no progress, and that is true. But it's obvious she doesn't have. She is like Thorfinn. In thorfinn's first arc he didn't have progress as well, and in his second arc he was developed. The same is going to happen with Hild, she is going to be developed in this arc. Calm down people

mangadex really be hating on female characters in every single manga ever lol

Double-page supporter
shut up, Hild u.u
...no, really, I'm not usually on her case but wtf is warrior thinking when it's not just warriors who need trade routes and supplies lmao

Aggregator gang
Love that they're getting into places I've been. It isn't clear if they're going to go south along Newfoundland or back along the coast of what they're calling Markland, modern-day Labrador. They'll have a much easier time planting wheat if they do the latter (imo, I'm not an expert) and end up near the mouth of the St Lawrence River, but they have no way of knowing what's ahead.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh don't go too far down south you'll end up in florida not vinland

Why are people shitting on Hild? She signifies Thorfinn's emotional arc, she's an elite hunter and she's in the middle of her own emotional arc. She's going to be pivotal in resolving Thorfinn's story in Vinland, have her own arc resolved and she's going to be vital in providing food and interacting with the natives once they get to their new home.

>introduced to many characters that have no impact on the story in general for this journey.

Because this current arc is a build for all who were introduced... The impact will be when they have a conflict.

Dex-chan lover
"Is this Vinland?"

"No."

"Is this Vinland?"

"No."

"...is this Vinland?"

"YES!"

"WOOHOO!"

"But it contains arrow-shooting natives."

"...can I have the yoghurt now?"

@shekel You laugh, but I think the fact that her only accomplishment is befriending a toddler is very telling about how effective her type of mindset is in this story. I think a bitter sweet conclusion to her character would be if she sacrificed her life to save Karli at some point.

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised he was willing to leave so quick. Guess he doesn't expect any chance of getting along with the natives

Dex-chan lover
@zetina
But she's right. This is exactly how an invading army would think, deciding how much of its force to assign to guard supply routes. Merchants don't say "we'll put 20% of our men to guard duty"

@Dennis-aka-Denji A matter of security. Even during the 19th century merchant ships owned cannons in case of pirates. Even today you can find videos where security on cargo ships have to open fire on somali pirates...

Users who are viewing this thread