Volcanic Age

I don't read anything with this cultivation & transcendence bull.

It might be entertaining in games like Disgaea, but not so much for works of fiction.
Even generic cheat&level gain-Isekai stories are more entertaining, because they don't feed you with Chinese mythological terminology and pages over pages with explanations for deus ex machina-OP status of characters.

Just call it cheat and make the story actually interesting like e.g. the early Hong Kong Wuxia movies where the heroes actually suffered and even perished.

Dex-chan lover
> I don't read anything with this cultivation & transcendence bull.

Totally agree,

and on top of that all that "eat this magical 1000 year old tiger penis to gain power" bullshit makes asians even worse in your eyes cuz you remember that it's really how they treat things and why they kill real-world rare animals just to extract "magical energy" from their parts just to hopefully grow their micro-penises a bit bigger

>VA is coming back before spring
>spring starts at 20th March of 2019

...it really do be like that huh

How did it get such a high score with such horrible artstyle ? The story is debatable but the art is plain bad especially the backgrounds, How do people put up with the terrible low quality backgrounds ?

How do you know that i didn't write this comment so people like you would rate it high ? ?

@Shpendik
People have different preferences for art styles. I myself find the colors used terribly bland but otherwise the art looks good to me. As long as the art is acceptable, I don’t find it a problem. What matters is the pacing though, I’ve seen series with gorgeous art but terrible pacing (which would be a mix of panelling and ability to show motion), and those breaks the immersion much more than any art styles would. Occasionally I do notice the Really lazy bg but everything else balances it out for me.

Season 2 may have to wait a bit longer, Meraki go hit with a Cease and Desist. I'll C/P it here.

This is a big announcement, and it'll affect most of our series, and the group as a whole. We just got hit by a huge Cease and Desist letter from Kakaopage. The Following is a list of affected series (all from kakaopage): A Returner's Magic Should Be Special, Chronicles of Heavenly Demon, Lawless Zone, Volcanic Age (Mount Hua Reincarnation), Peerless Dad, Raid, Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon, Solo Leveling, The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, This means we will be dropping these series to avoid any legal trouble. You as readers will still very likely get most of these series, but not by us. I'm personally a huge fan of most of these, and quite bummed out, to say the least, but, given the recent popularity of some of them, it wasn't unexpected.

Although on hiatus now, for those that might be interested in picking up the series please go here first: https://mangadex.org/thread/57139

Aggregator gang
Any ETA on season 2?

Even if Meraki can no longer do it, this is too good to not be picked up by another group.

Double-page supporter
Sigh...the hiatus continues, but if Scholars Reincarnation came back I’m sure Volcanic Age isn’t going anywhere...

Users who are viewing this thread