Voting for 2024 Next Manga Awards is LIVE!

Contributor
Great yuri series in the print category, regrettably not the same case for web manga ones...

Dex-chan lover
And why exactly should it disqualify series?
By this logic there shouldn't be such things like Oscar because "every movie is already over", no?
Let's ignore the fact that Oscar became political shitshow for last 10++ years...
well, if you see the original intent of the award is "you feel have the potential to become the next big hits"
I NEVER said it SHOULD be disqualified
I'm just saying that I'm a little sad
because even if it win and get the awards, by the time the awards are announced, that big hit will just end,
no continuation (for now)

don't put words to someone mouth

Dex-chan lover
Nominated Centuri@ because that is the only thing I can read legally.

Though their site has caused my device to have viruses.

Power Uploader
Is it bad that I'm not reading anything from that list of nominations other than Ruri Dragon, Itokonoko, Aitsu no Kanojo and Damedol? And to be honest, nothing really catches my eye that much.

How else should I take it if not <since it's ending it shouldn't be there>?
You should take it as a neutral sentence. One can express their feelings without taking a side. I like pancakes ≠ I hate waffles. I'm sad this series has only 3 chapters left and it's nominated ≠ I think it shouldn't be there.

Technically you did put words in their mouth and used a completely incorrect analogy. The movie being over doesn't matter because one, as long as it's showing in theaters it's not "over" so winning an award can definitely boost its popularity. Two, Oscars isn't a "popularity boosting" award, it's supposed to be a prestigious accolade selected by a set of jury. An Oscar equivalent would be something like Japan Media Arts Festival awards or Osamu Tezuka Cultural Awards. Next Manga, Manga We Want to See Animated, are all for popularity boosting and the other guy is in the right.

Dex-chan lover
Is it bad that I'm not reading anything from that list of nominations other than Ruri Dragon, Itokonoko, Aitsu no Kanojo and Damedol? And to be honest, nothing really catches my eye that much.
This is pretty much the same thing I went through with this list, and what I get when I look at an upcoming season of anime. 75%+ of what's being made doesn't really appeal to me, so I try to focus on the short list of titles that do. I don't really think it's 'bad,' per se, just disappointing that so much of the 'new' material is very similar to existing work.

Dex-chan lover
One can express their feelings without taking a side.
'Can do' and 'will do' are different things.

I like pancakes ≠ I hate waffles.
True

Too bad original wording
sad to see it's nominated when there are only 3 chapters left
and your wording
I'm sad this series has only 3 chapters left and it's nominated
are not the same.

So while
I'm sad this series has only 3 chapters left and it's nominated ≠ I think it shouldn't be there.
is correct,
sad to see it's nominated when there are only 3 chapters left
has a different meaning with yours.

Power Uploader
'Can do' and 'will do' are different things.

True

Too bad original wording

and your wording

are not the same.

So while

is correct,

has a different meaning with yours.
His sentence expresses an emotion (sadness) about seeing a situation (the nomination) given a specific condition (when there are only 3 chapters left).
"a little sad to see Souei Sousho nominated here when there are only 3 chapters left" can be interpreted in many ways, just like most sentences in the English language. You were the one to interpret it as a criticism, when everyone else didn't. Instead of accepting that it was a miscommunication when OP gave context behind what he said (when he didn't need to), you said it's the OP's fault for not being clear enough, and not yours for deliberately misunderstanding it. And when I'm telling you that it's your fault, you come up with this flawed logic that switching the independent clause with the dependent clause (it's nominated) suddenly changes the meaning to "it shouldn't be nominated".

Users who are viewing this thread