Wakeari Madoushi wa Shizuka ni Kurashitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Mmh interessing !
It is sad how people catagorize her as "abnormal" instead of being impressed by her magic...

Thanks for having started this series. =)

Aggregator gang
The fck with this discrimination. Instead of thanking her. They look at her some kind of monster.

Dex-chan lover
LOL You, my son, get magic and you... the other one, nothing

@Darkmint13 it is still not a justification. She was pleaing for anybody to help her son and when somebody did, she shunned that person. The kid will grow traumatized and carry the guilt of being "responsible".

Double-page supporter
Baby apparently your mother does not love you.
She preferred that you die in the flames rather than a woman save you.
You better know it.

Dex-chan lover
Women are not allowed to use magic? What is this, some kind of religion that having twins is a giant taboo?

These people, seriously, GROW A PAIR AND AWE IT!!!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the parent's decision to keep her powers hidden is right or wrong...

Really depends on their society I guess?

Nvm, didn't finish the chapter before commenting. Damnit parents.

After reading a few comments, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The author tried so hard to make a background story for the protagonist which came out lame. Seriously though, is the editor nor the publisher did not see how unnatural it is for a mother that wants her son to be saved, but no gratitude or relief came out from her mouth?

Even though it is a different world with a different view towards something, that would not be appropriate words for a worried mother that just got her son safe and sound. If only that cruel words can come from others around her, that would be much acceptable. Like her son whose innocent enough wanting to tell everyone of her heroic teacher, then the people start gossiping and shunned her.

tl;dr: I'm disappointed about this backstory, hopefully it will be much better as it progresses.

@naeon No no no. I'm not justifying at all. I find it completely terrible to treat the person who saved you (or someone you care about) with disgust (or to sell them out).

Someone was wondering how she could be like that and I was explaining. That's all.

No, just because I understand why they react the way they do doesn't mean I agree with it or think it's ok.

Yeah this setting is pretty questionable. So what if she was literally the first women in the world to ever use magic? Why would people's first response be "HOLY SHIT SHE A FREAK SHAME HER" and not "omg you can use magic despite being a women? You must be special!" Especially given this setup where the MC literally saves the child's life in front of the mother. The author is really forcing the "MC is treated unfairly despite being a good person" angle by making people in society completely stupid and illogical.

Still gonna read it though since the protagonist falls into my favourite shoujo MC archetype (qt with orange/red colored hair to match their headstrong personality. E.g. Shirayuki, Yona, Mariela)

Dex-chan lover
"This girl can use magic and people treat her like a freak, which doesn't make sense!"

Me, looking at all the years of IRL history where similar things happened: >_>

Group Leader
it's so annoying that instead of accepting her, they all call her abnormal and look at her with disgust. that's just awful. yes it's happened in history in different cases, but it's still awful.

Dex-chan lover
she just fucking saved ur kid & thats what you focus on smh

That's how some people are man. It's probably more likely in a more rural sounding area like this, but either way they've had what, centuries? Millenia? Whatever it was, a long time of being told what was normal. People with small minds do not react well to things outside of their understanding.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. Being rude to the person who just saved your son's life. Real nice lesson you're teaching your kid there, lady.

Dex-chan lover
What is more likely: Humans can use magic but only one type of human can do it or when it was found out that humans can use magic women hide that they could so they are protected isntead of send to fight?

Well one can also make the argument that women can use magic but man would act hostile to women that use magic as they would be seen as a rival for the dominance of the tribe and since the woman were weaker they stopped using magic.

Nature and evolution are pretty interesting to try and fit such in these kind of setting. Sociology is mostly useless but can be interesting when trying to understand why a society in some fantastic story is the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread