Wasureenu Majo no Monogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Still, I Will Never Forget. (Part 2)

thank you so much for finishing the arc
also, why did aya wake up in her room; is it part of her "repeat" powers to always come back to a fixed spot, or did yuuka really get hit but it wasn't fatal and she's in a hospital somewhere?
Her getting hit by the car was a random event so not all days she died from being hit , whats implied in the end of it is that she wakes up in her room because of a different previous day being chosen so she panics , and she learns that yuuka is fine since this wasnt one of the days she died from the random event , atleast thats what i think i could just be wrong completely

Group Leader
also, why did aya wake up in her room; is it part of her "repeat" powers to always come back to a fixed spot, or did yuuka really get hit but it wasn't fatal and she's in a hospital somewhere?
It does get explained later on. I can spoil you if you really want but they do explain more about her looping, Inaba's deja vu, etc. as the story goes on.

TBH I dislike a lot of the editorial decisions in this adaptation. It's natural to lose some exposition but they really removed a ton and Aya lost a lot of emotional depth in the process. Meanwhile, they kept a lot of unnecessary parts...

Dex-chan lover
I just finally re-read this manga from the beginning (2 years gap, hell if I remember lmao) and caught up after the mass updates 2 days ago, and suddenly, there's a new chapter already!! What a good timing. Thank you very much for picking this manga up!! It's so interesting, I want to read the novel too someday.

It seems me being late to catch up is a good thing as I didn't have to suffer from the cliffhanger of last chapter lmao. I'm so glad it all ends happily...for now. For this arc at least.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It does get explained later on. I can spoil you if you really want but they do explain more about her looping, Inaba's deja vu, etc. as the story goes on.

TBH I dislike a lot of the editorial decisions in this adaptation. It's natural to lose some exposition but they really removed a ton and Aya lost a lot of emotional depth in the process. Meanwhile, they kept a lot of unnecessary parts...
I don't mind if you spoil me what we missed. Would love to read the novel, but I don't think it gets translated.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks! I hope she can break the loop or be ok with living it and using it to her advantage (even if she couldn't win the lottery every time or so i'd still try to see what would happen til it sticks lol)

Fed-Kun's army
I'm so glad you're translating this, thank you! I've been planning to read the novel for a long time now, but sadly there's no official translation yet.

also, why did aya wake up in her room; is it part of her "repeat" powers to always come back to a fixed spot, or did yuuka really get hit but it wasn't fatal and she's in a hospital somewhere
Yuuka probably die only one time. In chapter 5, we can see that Yuuka spotted Aya so she tried to follow her but she was careless while crossing the road and get hit. It's the only time in this looping that Aya go outside.

Group Leader
I'll be uploading 1-2 chapters per week and there's 9 chapters to go until we'll have to wait until Vol 4 is released. So if you wanted to wait until then, the manga progress will be at the perfect place to switch over to LN Vol 1 Ch 4 which is my favorite arc and where the spoilers below are from. Warning: It gets pretty philosophical and very heavy.

Note: No matter what, Aya will fall unconscious at 11:59 pm every night and won't wake up until morning.

AGAIN, THESE SPOILERS ARE FROM LIGHT NOVEL CHAPTER 4 WHICH WILL BE MANGA CHAPTER 15+ (THE RAWS ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS ARC)!

Aya waking up in her own room and what it means:

If she wakes up in Yuuka's room, Yuuka's alive. If she wakes up in her own room, Yuuka's dead. But she wakes up in her own room AND Yuuka's alive. This should be impossible. The only explanation she can find: Yuuka somehow created a reality that should not exist. Yuuka is a witch.

Yuuka's ability is picking & choosing possibilities. She can stitch different parts of different days together to create a new day or connect one day to another. However, she can't pull things out of thin air which is why she's so keen on Aya's repeating days: she needs the details Aya gives her about what happens on the days that aren't chosen so she can make sure nothing bad happens. If Aya hadn't warned her on May 23-F, she really would have died. But thanks to Aya, she now had the possibility of a day where she stayed home to use and force into an impossible May 24 where she survives.

Inaba's deja vu (she and Aya are on a first-name basis now so I'm going to call her Michiru from now on)

She's a witch just like she's been telling us this whole time. Her deja vu is from her time traveling.

How this all ties together (Summary of LN Vol 1 Ch 4):

Michiru dies in an accident. Aya, for the second time in her life, looks forward to her repeating days because she knows she can save Michiru the way she saved Yuuka. But for the first time ever, there's no B day. After October 5-A, it becomes October 6. Desperate, this is when Aya comes to the realization about Yuuka and confronts her. Yuuka offers to send her back to October 5. Remember how Aya believes if she dies, she'll just wake up on the next iteration of the day? She tests this theory by immediately killing herself.

Aya wakes up just like she thought she would. But she fails to save Michiru. So she kills herself again to try on the next October 5. The same thing happens. She keeps trying and failing to save Michiru on October 5 and then keeps killing herself before the clock can strike midnight and move the calendar forward. At some point, she understands that it's fruitless. There's nothing she can do to save Michiru. But she can't bear the thought of a world without her and continues the cycle.

After 1000 days of repeating October 5, Michiru explains that she's from the future. She becomes a witch on October 5 but the world will not suffer another witch to live and makes sure she dies that day. Michiru comes from some point in the future to meet Aya (which is why they always become friends on the first day of school), she dies on October 5, Aya resets October 5, rinse & repeat. Michiru loses her memories and magic when she travels back in time which is why she has deja vu — they're the memories of her other time leaps. The only reason she remembers now is because Aya is breaking the world by repeating the same day a thousand times. They try to come up with ideas but Michiru still dies by the end of every day.

Aya refuses to let life go on without Michiru. She continues to reset October 5 over a million times. It takes a huge mental and physical toll on her and Yuuka, who understands what's going on by now, begs her to give up. Aya doesn't want to die anymore and is tempted to stop but she just cannot bring herself to let Michiru go. Fed up with the world being stuck on one day for millenia, Yuuka finally relents and helps Aya. The solution is way too complicated to explain here (I'll try when we get to that part in the manga) but it's based on the anthropic principle. Basically, Yuuka turns Michiru into a witch and instead of Michiru having to draw power from nature etc. to use magic, they sacrifice Aya's memories of one million October 5ths to use as the source of Michiru's powers and let her cheat death.

Michiru lives and, after almost 3000 years, it finally becomes October 6.

Dex-chan lover
I'll be uploading 1-2 chapters per week and there's 9 chapters to go until we'll have to wait until Vol 4 is released. So if you wanted to wait until then, the manga progress will be at the perfect place to switch over to LN Vol 1 Ch 4 which is my favorite arc and where the spoilers below are from. Warning: It gets pretty philosophical and very heavy.

Note: No matter what, Aya will fall unconscious at 11:59 pm every night and won't wake up until morning.

AGAIN, THESE SPOILERS ARE FROM LIGHT NOVEL CHAPTER 4 WHICH WILL BE MANGA CHAPTER 15+ (THE RAWS ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS ARC)!

If she wakes up in Yuuka's room, Yuuka's alive. If she wakes up in her own room, Yuuka's dead. But she wakes up in her own room AND Yuuka's alive. This should be impossible. The only explanation she can find: Yuuka somehow created a reality that should not exist. Yuuka is a witch.

Yuuka's ability is picking & choosing possibilities. She can stitch different parts of different days together to create a new day or connect one day to another. However, she can't pull things out of thin air which is why she's so keen on Aya's repeating days: she needs the details Aya gives her about what happens on the days that aren't chosen so she can make sure nothing bad happens. If Aya hadn't warned her on May 23-F, she really would have died. But thanks to Aya, she now had the possibility of a day where she stayed home to use and force into an impossible May 24 where she survives.

Inaba's deja vu (she and Aya are on a first-name basis now so I'm going to call her Michiru from now on)

She's a witch just like she's been telling us this whole time. Her deja vu is from her time traveling.

Michiru dies in an accident. Aya, for the second time in her life, looks forward to her repeating days because she knows she can save Michiru the way she saved Yuuka. But for the first time ever, there's no B day. After October 5-A, it becomes October 6. Desperate, this is when Aya comes to the realization about Yuuka and confronts her. Yuuka offers to send her back to October 5. Remember how Aya believes if she dies, she'll just wake up on the next iteration of the day? She tests this theory by immediately killing herself.

Aya wakes up just like she thought she would. But she fails to save Michiru. So she kills herself again to try on the next October 5. The same thing happens. She keeps trying and failing to save Michiru on October 5 and then keeps killing herself before the clock can strike midnight and move the calendar forward. At some point, she understands that it's fruitless. There's nothing she can do to save Michiru. But she can't bear the thought of a world without her and continues the cycle.

After 1000 days of repeating October 5, Michiru explains that she's from the future. She becomes a witch on October 5 but the world will not suffer another witch to live and makes sure she dies that day. Michiru comes from some point in the future to meet Aya (which is why they always become friends on the first day of school), she dies on October 5, Aya resets October 5, rinse & repeat. Michiru loses her memories and magic when she travels back in time which is why she has deja vu — they're the memories of her other time leaps. The only reason she remembers now is because Aya is breaking the world by repeating the same day a thousand times. They try to come up with ideas but Michiru still dies by the end of every day.

Aya refuses to let life go on without Michiru. She continues to reset October 5 over a million times. It takes a huge mental and physical toll on her and Yuuka, who understands what's going on by now, begs her to give up. Aya doesn't want to die anymore and is tempted to stop but she just cannot bring herself to let Michiru go. Fed up with the world being stuck on one day for millenia, Yuuka finally relents and helps Aya. The solution is way too complicated to explain here (I'll try when we get to that part in the manga) but it's based on the anthropic principle. Basically, Yuuka turns Michiru into a witch and instead of Michiru having to draw power from nature etc. to use magic, they sacrifice Aya's memories of one million October 5ths to use as the source of Michiru's powers and let her cheat death.

Damn.

Can you give another spoiler? Do there come any romance between these characters? (Aya x Yuuka or Aya x Michiru or poly)

Well from your spoilers so far it doesnt look like it, but we can hope right?🤣

Dex-chan lover
Her getting hit by the car was a random event so not all days she died from being hit , whats implied in the end of it is that she wakes up in her room because of a different previous day being chosen so she panics , and she learns that yuuka is fine since this wasnt one of the days she died from the random event , atleast thats what i think i could just be wrong completely

And here I am celebrating that the onee chan lived... but :meguuusad: :facepalm: but the odds..

Dex-chan lover

Can you attach the link too?

Dex-chan lover
But wait... wouldnt she technically be 125 years old? Days be repeating 5 times after all...

That is one old ass mf

Group Leader
Damn.

Can you give another spoiler? Do there come any romance between these characters? (Aya x Yuuka or Aya x Michiru or poly)

Well from your spoilers so far it doesnt look like it, but we can hope right?🤣

I don't think it counts as a spoiler but

Aya x Michiru are canon.

The memory of kissing Michiru is what drives Aya to keep doing what she's doing on October 5 when she considers giving up.

I think I'll go back and add this in a note at the end but in the chapter where she was talking about going through puberty and maybe just liking Michiru a little too much:
in the novel, she's referring to being sexually attracted to her but being confused "because we're both girls!" She wonders if one of them were a guy, would that make it okay but is immediately repulsed by the idea. It's safe to assume she is a lesbian.

But if you're mostly interested in the romance aspect, you might be kinda disappointed. They absolutely do have feelings for each other and the relationship does develop but it's slow. It's more about Ayaka learning to be a normal human while exploring these feelings of love, jealousy, etc. she's experiencing for the first time.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
But if you're mostly interested in the romance aspect, you might be kinda disappointed. They absolutely do have feelings for each other and the relationship does develop but it's slow. It's more about Ayaka learning to be a normal human while exploring these feelings of love, jealousy, etc. she's experiencing for the first time.
Oh no no, not what I am mostly interested in at all, was just wondering if there would actually be some sort of romance between any of these characters or it would just be another one of the GL where you can see that they are attracted to each other, but ends up being “bait” in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread