WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 16 Ch. 156 - Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Have Rumors About Me

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit confused about all what happenned in this chapter. Did someone can explain to me because it feel like everyone in the chapter was talking about something different and it was hard to follow .

Double-page supporter
@Lilliwyt just seemed to be short threads of events from the previous chapters all coming together, building up to something yet to be revealed that probably gets all of the peopleshe now knows talking at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
What did she do? Aside from sexually harassing girls and bringing erotic magazines to school.

Dex-chan lover
Edit: So, on the topic of “Who’s going to be the one to bring Tomoko her notes or printouts?”, who do you think is going to win the free-for-all?

@Lilliwyt
Everyday slice of life happened. Rather than focus on a few characters, the author is clearly trying to keep everyone on screen, either as build up for a future brick joke or call back, or just to show they still exist and that the author didn’t forget about them and their plights. Like how Minami is a bitch, or Ucchi still hasn’t apologized, things are being acknowledged as unresolved or building up for a punchline.

If the author didn’t employ such tactics, I’m sure people would be constantly asking things like, “Who was x, I don’t remember them” or “why are they focusing on this obscure character”. These are all nods to previous chapters, and while these characters may not be important, they were simply funny enough to include, like a notable, random event that happens once a day, collected as a collage of happenings occurring to different people.

Fed-Kun's army
Man, we're never gonna get the friendship/harem-recruitment chapter for Fang-chan at this rate.

Dex-chan lover
@Talismaster Ok, that chapter's structure caught me off guard so i was wondering if there was a continuity within the chapter i didn't get but that make more sens to me now.

Dex-chan lover
@Bufuman
She’s irredeemable. If that doesn’t happen, she’ll probably end up as that one gossiping college girl that shoves herself into cliques that don’t like her enough as a friend, but tolerate her enough to have her around. A reverse-Tomoko of sorts

G4YLUON.png

Aggregator gang
Man, so many people are talking about her now. She's doesn't seem to notice but our little Tomoko has become quite popular.

It took me a second to figure out what was up with Yuri's page, but I realize now she was hoping Minami wouldn't show this day.

In the raw page where minami visiting her friend, it actually sounds like her friend making fun of her behind her back. And ucchi make it sound more harsh when minami mock tomoko openly.

Maybe it just my interpretation of the raw chapter
Maybe
Maybeline

Users who are viewing this thread