WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 19 Ch. 184 - Since I'm Not Popular, School Begins (Part 1)

Remind me again, why do people want Tomoko to be a lesbian? She's a colossal bitch and would get dumped faster than a Seattleite decency standard.

Group Leader
I know fang girl is a huge bitch, but I can't help but feel she can be cute with how she constantly wants attention and approval of her friends.

Dex-chan lover
Ughhh two worst girl in one chapter, cursed lo/
@Orguss with that logic, wouldn't the same apply with dating guys?

Fed-Kun's army
@Orguss Because of all the set up of Tomoko having thoughts and feelings resembling how a bisexual person would think and act. She's wanted a boyfriend the entire time, but she's also looked at girls in a sexual way too. In fact she's never looked at a male character the way she does Katou and Yuu, and thinking things like I would ntr this bitch if I was a guy. It's just been teased and hinted so much that I would be somewhat disappointed if it ended without her getting with someone like Katou or Nemo. For one she's got a noticable girl crush on Katou. I know she's creepy and awkward, but I wouldn't necessarily call her a bitch. It's just her negative personality. I'm bi myself so I feel it would be nice to see her actually realize she's not just straight and it's not normal to have the gay sort of thoughts she has.

@hanchobakery This! Part of what I really like about this manga is how the writer is always empathetic towards the characters, even if they aren't the best of people. Like, yeah, Minami (fang girl) might be an asshole a lot of the time, but that seems to stem from, as you said, that drive to get attention/approval, which I think is pretty relatable. And yeah, it can be cute too, when she isn't hurting people because of it, at least, which makes me unable to really hate her. Really refreshing stuff.

@Serenata Not denying that. But I am baffled by the beer goggles it takes to keep going with this "purest form of love" malarkey when Tomoko is so taken to gossip and catty behavior.
@CSmith327 I'm bisexual as well, and while I wasn't like that for me, I get why people want to see themselves in the character.
I suppose I could have worded it better but, it strikes me as odd that readers would be so keen on characters that display no antisocial thoughts towards other people shacking up with someone so prickly. I have interacted with lesbians in real life and while I get the whole platonic forms ideal, it struck me by just how choosy they could be with their tastes in women, even going so far as to disregard advances of other women who weren't their type. Bait minded yuriphiles, on the other hand, seem to assume that every sapphic chick is dying of thirst and every girl looks like a glass of water.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I know Sasaki is worthless but I didn't think she'd be on the same level as Tomoko 😆

If popular Moko timeline is canon she'll totally be the new timeline's Koto.

Dex-chan lover
I love how the line up gets switched up a lot so we get interesting interactions

Users who are viewing this thread