WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 25 Ch. 220 - Since I'm Not Popular, It's Day One of the School Fes…

Your standards must be extraordinarily low.

It's gotten to the point where the series could get cancelled, and I wouldn't care one way or another.

Like seriously, when it comes to this series I do like that Tomoko managed to make a bunch of friends, but it's gotten to the point where she's now just a minor side character in her own series. Her appearances in this for a long time now have been few and far between, with her appearances being akin to cameos. I don't even know why I even bother with this series, with every chapter being a major disappointment. Only real reason I'm sticking around is after how long its been, I just want to see how it ends. Which I really feel will be sooner rather than later, cause I can't imagine this series is doing well in ratings with how ridiculously slow and boring it's gotten.
It's still the same writing as it was in the middle. The exaggerated cringe has been toned down. It's good that so many characters get arcs. I don't think just Tomoko cringe humor would have lasted. The author really knows how to write slice of life, it avoids the 'anime was a mistake' problem. The story really is human, the characters feel like people.

Dex-chan lover
eESR9T5p_o.png

SFWa8o0D_o.gif

Dex-chan lover
Things don't land as hard outside a traditional pace of 35-50 pages per chapter. It's almost transitioned to a 4koma at this point, but the writing is still good, the same as always.

Most people will never get the same level of satisfaction and closure each chapter now that they remember from earlier in the series because the format doesn't allow it. It's like watching a 5 minute micro episode of an anime and saying it's not as good as the half hour series you remember.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Your standards must be extraordinarily low.

It's gotten to the point where the series could get cancelled, and I wouldn't care one way or another.

Like seriously, when it comes to this series I do like that Tomoko managed to make a bunch of friends, but it's gotten to the point where she's now just a minor side character in her own series. Her appearances in this for a long time now have been few and far between, with her appearances being akin to cameos. I don't even know why I even bother with this series, with every chapter being a major disappointment. Only real reason I'm sticking around is after how long its been, I just want to see how it ends. Which I really feel will be sooner rather than later, cause I can't imagine this series is doing well in ratings with how ridiculously slow and boring it's gotten.
Damn.. you must be one of the people that ruined thus title's comment segment some year ago with how obsessive you are to certain characters. Shipping community is always like this when the author can't deliver what they believe they would get, they would have an excuse to show off their own impressions in condescending way.

But it's true that this series might be close to ending. You want this series to end in what way? The mc already solved his main problem, the main topic of this series that she was not popular some arcs ago

Dex-chan lover
... Isn't that the crossdresser on the cover page? Wada?

If you mean the dark-haired girl with pale eyes, that's Uchi's friend Kayo.

I've loosely speculated that Kayo might be fraternal twins with Wada because of the similar eyes but I don't think they've ever interacted directly with each other in the actual manga.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about Kayo but you're right, that "girl" with a ribbon on the stairs near Kii-chan does indeed appear to be Wada crossdressed. I don't know how I missed him the first couple of times I looked at the image. (I think I thought it was just a generic background character girl.)

Last edited:

Fri

Supporter
It's still the same writing as it was in the middle. The exaggerated cringe has been toned down. It's good that so many characters get arcs. I don't think just Tomoko cringe humor would have lasted. The author really knows how to write slice of life, it avoids the 'anime was a mistake' problem. The story really is human, the characters feel like people.
Damn.. you must be one of the people that ruined thus title's comment segment some year ago with how obsessive you are to certain characters. Shipping community is always like this when the author can't deliver what they believe they would get, they would have an excuse to show off their own impressions in condescending way.

But it's true that this series might be close to ending. You want this series to end in what way? The mc already solved his main problem, the main topic of this series that she was not popular some arcs ago
It might only be tangentially related, but this reminds me on my observation that I think some people's psyche are irreversibly broken from the watching or simply hearing about endless shonen series, or more specifically, their long running anime adaptation. And I noticed this result in two type of people

1. People who think all series should be endless. For example, I see people who commented in the ending of Demon Slayer manga, "I don't understand why the mangaka end the story here, there's still a lot of stories to be told. The mangaka could tell story about the next generation of demon slayers, or tell story about their reincarnation." Another example is a comment I saw early on Ichinose Family's Deadly Sin, "This looks interesting, but I don't think this have long running potential," while it's obvious that it's never meant to be a long running series and the mangaka has an ending set in their head. And often time they only think a series can only end when it's cancelled and never when the creator actually want to end it, when they see a series ending, no matter the ending or how long the series lasted, they'll say it's secretly cancelled.

2. People who became unable to enjoy slice of life or character-based stories. For example (though I forgot the exact manga or anime they're talking about, but I do see this conversation myself) something like, "I want to watch Gundam Witch of Mercury/Cowboy Bebop/Avatar the Last Airbender, can you tell me the list of filler episodes I can skip?" Imagine going to a tv series forum and asking "I want to watch the tv series Friends, can you tell me the list of plot important episodes?" They consider anything that doesn't "move" what they consider as "plot" to be filler.

Dex-chan lover
It might only be tangentially related, but this reminds me on my observation that I think some people's psyche are irreversibly broken from the watching or simply hearing about endless shonen series, or more specifically, their long running anime adaptation. And I noticed this result in two type of people

1. People who think all series should be endless. For example, I see people who commented in the ending of Demon Slayer manga, "I don't understand why the mangaka end the story here, there's still a lot of stories to be told. The mangaka could tell story about the next generation of demon slayers, or tell story about their reincarnation." Another example is a comment I saw early on Ichinose Family's Deadly Sin, "This looks interesting, but I don't think this have long running potential," while it's obvious that it's never meant to be a long running series and the mangaka has an ending set in their head. And often time they only think a series can only end when it's cancelled and never when the creator actually want to end it, when they see a series ending, no matter the ending or how long the series lasted, they'll say it's secretly cancelled.

2. People who became unable to enjoy slice of life or character-based stories. For example (though I forgot the exact manga or anime they're talking about, but I do see this conversation myself) something like, "I want to watch Gundam Witch of Mercury/Cowboy Bebop/Avatar the Last Airbender, can you tell me the list of filler episodes I can skip?" Imagine going to a tv series forum and asking "I want to watch the tv series Friends, can you tell me the list of plot important episodes?" They consider anything that doesn't "move" what they consider as "plot" to be filler.
I agree with you. And yet there is some people who mocked long running series like one piece, detective Conan, etc is bad just because they are long too.

The best thing to do is not projecting self-experience in reading series. I don't talk about unintended impressions, but it would very much helped if people do not do that projection. It would ruin his own enjoyment in reading new series (whatever it is). And if that people did disappointed, don't belittle other people's opinion if it's not supporting his impression.

Dex-chan lover
the moment I thought "hey, Kii-chan may not be all that bad after all", she went and did the most chaotic things I never imagined was possible. I literally fear for Tomoki and the next play now lol

also Tomoko and Asuka just casually hanging out together is bringing me so much joy!!!

thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I’m happy for any Asuka x Tomoko crumbs I can get
Literally same! It's been so long and I really want to see Asuka and Tomoko actually becoming a couple. I hope that this arc is pretty much setting up for Tomoko to have a really bad experience at the festival, only for Asuka to save it for her by confessing. I think that be a real cute way to properly end the series or at least transition to the epilogue of what happens with everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread