WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 25 Ch. 220 - Since I'm Not Popular, It's Day One of the School Fes…

Dex-chan lover
Their cousin really is a little devil eh?
Also I really feel bad for Tomoki.
Also also, it's great to have a little Tomoko x Asuka moment, but I really need my fix of Tomoko x Yuri at some point.
And alas, Nemo has been thoroughly enabled by being with Tomoko lmao.
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
It might only be tangentially related, but this reminds me on my observation that I think some people's psyche are irreversibly broken from the watching or simply hearing about endless shonen series, or more specifically, their long running anime adaptation. And I noticed this result in two type of people

1. People who think all series should be endless. For example, I see people who commented in the ending of Demon Slayer manga, "I don't understand why the mangaka end the story here, there's still a lot of stories to be told. The mangaka could tell story about the next generation of demon slayers, or tell story about their reincarnation." Another example is a comment I saw early on Ichinose Family's Deadly Sin, "This looks interesting, but I don't think this have long running potential," while it's obvious that it's never meant to be a long running series and the mangaka has an ending set in their head. And often time they only think a series can only end when it's cancelled and never when the creator actually want to end it, when they see a series ending, no matter the ending or how long the series lasted, they'll say it's secretly cancelled.

2. People who became unable to enjoy slice of life or character-based stories. For example (though I forgot the exact manga or anime they're talking about, but I do see this conversation myself) something like, "I want to watch Gundam Witch of Mercury/Cowboy Bebop/Avatar the Last Airbender, can you tell me the list of filler episodes I can skip?" Imagine going to a tv series forum and asking "I want to watch the tv series Friends, can you tell me the list of plot important episodes?" They consider anything that doesn't "move" what they consider as "plot" to be filler.
I often feel, after reading comments on here and elsewhere, that a lot of people don't have the tiniest bit of media literacy. For a lot of people, consuming media is just checking off a list. I've seen so many others simply not enjoying the ride and demanding instant gratification in their stories. It's quite annoying.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Literally same! It's been so long and I really want to see Asuka and Tomoko actually becoming a couple. I hope that this arc is pretty much setting up for Tomoko to have a really bad experience at the festival, only for Asuka to save it for her by confessing. I think that be a real cute way to properly end the series or at least transition to the epilogue of what happens with everyone.
That sounds so cute! I’m pretty confident that Tomoko’s love life will be an ambiguous tangle of subtext and one-sided feelings to the very end, but we can still hope for better!

also, Tomoko actually trying to navigate a relationship and all that entails would be an incredible train wreck to watch

Dex-chan lover
Kiko is really the devil. She's supposed to be a Freshman when Tomoko graduates right? That's one year worth of causing chaos to Tomoki
2 years of chaos caused by Tomoko.

1 year of chaos caused by Kiko.

Damn, Tomoki is being corrupted to the core.

Dex-chan lover
Meikyuu no Ou comes to mind, but it got dispersed/axed. I think this is the first time you see an "eternal manga".
Your standards must be extraordinarily low.

It's gotten to the point where the series could get cancelled, and I wouldn't care one way or another.

Like seriously, when it comes to this series I do like that Tomoko managed to make a bunch of friends, but it's gotten to the point where she's now just a minor side character in her own series. Her appearances in this for a long time now have been few and far between, with her appearances being akin to cameos. I don't even know why I even bother with this series, with every chapter being a major disappointment. Only real reason I'm sticking around is after how long its been, I just want to see how it ends. Which I really feel will be sooner rather than later, cause I can't imagine this series is doing well in ratings with how ridiculously slow and boring it's gotten.

Dex-chan lover
Their cousin really is a little devil eh?
Also I really feel bad for Tomoki.
Also also, it's great to have a little Tomoko x Asuka moment, but I really need my fix of Tomoko x Yuri at some point.
And alas, Nemo has been thoroughly enabled by being with Tomoko lmao.
Thanks for the chapter!
Yeah, Tomoko x Yuri, they have the most chemistry (at least a lot more that Tomoko and Asuka) :v

Dex-chan lover
The spawn of chaos sucked another girl, and ANOTHER MORE!

Kiko rejoice! Your high school life is definitely NOT boring!

Watamote 2027 would be about Kiko and that 1st year girl, which is actually a Yuu incarnate.

Dex-chan lover
It's still the same writing as it was in the middle. The exaggerated cringe has been toned down. It's good that so many characters get arcs. I don't think just Tomoko cringe humor would have lasted. The author really knows how to write slice of life, it avoids the 'anime was a mistake' problem. The story really is human, the characters feel like people.
Hayao Miyazaki reference.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Tomoko x Yuri, they have the most chemistry (at least a lot more that Tomoko and Asuka) :v
I don't know about "a lot more", but yeah, Yuri's personality matches more Tomoko's. And I also prefer Yuri as character in general.
But somehow, Tomoko x Asuka ia just so aesthetically pleasing to me. Which is why I have a hard time deciding on which ship I prefer lmao.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about "a lot more", but yeah, Yuri's personality matches more Tomoko's. And I also prefer Yuri as character in general.
But somehow, Tomoko x Asuka ia just so aesthetically pleasing to me. Which is why I have a hard time deciding on which ship I prefer lmao.
Is Asuka showing jealousy here?

Users who are viewing this thread