Welcome to Japan, Elf-san! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Welcome to Japan, Elf-san. (2)

Omg... when i read this chapter i know i'm gonna enjoy the comment section..... and enjoyed it i did lol......

Fed-Kun's army
@degriech "as old fashioned wierd af pricks with moral standards stuck 100 years ago. i for my part cant realy agree with the views most people have but i do agree that some social things like how women and gay people are viewed by the japanese public really is outdated and unnaccetable." but that could mostly also describes my view of parts of the USA for instance and I think both still count as respected nations (sometimes more sometimes less). Reading manga and anime has negatively influenced my view of japan (i really wouldn't want to live there because of the collectivist aspects of their culture, also what you mentioned ), but I don't think most people I know, know much about japans culture beyond them making some weird stuff. It is an industrial nation and would count as more respected than many of the worlds nations.

Also place two on this list https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/overall-rankings or 14 on this reputation list (though it only considers 70 countries) https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/countries-best-worst-reputations-turkey-erdogan-uk-us-canada-sweden-most-reputable-countries-a7184656.html

One of the most respected might be exaggerated but I wouldn't call them unrespected.

Supporter
"One of the most respected island nations"
To be fair, that's not a long list.

Aggregator gang
"Japanese people look up to foreign cultures too"
From a safe distance, maybe. One thing I know about actual Japan is that the people are xenophobic as hell. Half-American acquaintance of mine lives there and boy did he have an awkward upbringing.

Ah yes, mangadex's comment section being a fucking shithole, as usual. Just enjoy the fucking chapter, why can't people understand this?

Aggregator gang
@Mikubanzai
Because people are stupidly terrible unless they are terribly stupid.

But yeah every country shows there patriotism, and theres nothing wrong with that.

The British like to go on about their long history of punching well above their weight and making Empires. (May have broke alot of things doing so...)

Americans have their military might and their much vaunted "freedom" (hah).

The Japanese have their peace and industry, after an age off assholery to their own people and everyone else.

I dont think it's a stretch that people want to like their own countries... I mean come on you want to look at the good things about your country not the bad, because lets face it every country has a bunch of real bad shit going on because well... what I said at the top.

But yeah let's rally up and find some negatives to harp on about rather than enjoying somthing...

To those idiots salty about a Japanese manga praising japan, don’t forget that 99% of Alien-sci-fi Hollywood movies involves American army kicking off Aliens’ arses and saving humanity. And sometimes, American president sacrifices his life in those movies. These are the same army that invades third world countries for oil and makes their lives hell, and don’t get me started on their president...

Yeah, I can safely say I don't envy Japan's culture. I prefer living in a country where you're not expected to work 100+ hours while only being paid for probably half the time you work because the company pressures the Hell out of you to keep your mouth shut about them illegally making you put in unpaid overtime.

Came here for the buttmad comments. 🤣
The dude gave a disclaimer about Japan's "tumultuous" history, and people are still going crazy because he didn't dogeza at his elf-fu's feet for le warcrimes LULW.

Jesus Christ no wonder why the Japanese generally dislike foreigners. Just look at this comment section.

Users who are viewing this thread