Welcome to the Impregnable Demon King Castle ~The Black Mage Who Got Kicked Out of the Hero Party Due to His Unnecessary Debuffs Gets Welcomed by the…

@jimmyclear yeah agreed. And I'm surprised there's no "numbers nerds" - I'm using this term positively - in that world. Like in 100% of the games I know, the numbers guys do all the magic calculations and create the meta, then they share it on Reddit/Steam/FB/YT and info trickles down to everyone. If everyone's Black Magic is so shit, more people must've noticed how OP Remme is. Like, in some games, an item even just debuffing enemies by 30% can have players drooling over it, raising the price sky high, etc. Not to mention debuffing can either make enemies have lower DEF or ATK or both, in which case the party can just forgo defense and use YOLO strats; which I'm sure is the strat the hero party must've been using until now. It seriously bugs me that nobody on the adventurer side notices this, especially when the dungeon is the same, and the clears are broadcasted to people. Like "oh, the other party used 5 swings to defeat an orgre, but this guy only need 4. Must be because of how powerful they are and OBVIOUSLY not because there's a DEBUFFER in the team". Just using my previous example, a change from 5 swings to 4 swings is roughly 20% ATK increase, which can either be good or GODLIKE, because the increase in ATK doesn't need investment in equipments or items. And the price to performance of increasing damage gets significantly lower as well, which is why debuffs are so good: lower costs.

Contributor
Still makes no sense to recruit that child, just to be a cheerleader.

The title is way too long,
thanks for the chapter,
fogot this manga existed

Dex-chan lover
@shunnie
Remme meets them again at about 3rd quarter of Arc 1, when he debuts as the new dungeon master in his 1st ever game for team demon. Currently we are still in the 1st quarter.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nolzi She's gonna be an assistant so probably going to be doing menial tasks for the MC. Probably going to be groomed to take the place as his secretary eventually

Ima take a guess 4 more chapters before they 'start' their first dungeon defense, so time to throw this in the back

Double-page supporter
I wish it was a little bit faster, thank you for the chapter regardless!

Dex-chan lover
@stilgar

Right, thank you for the reminder that this is a more realistic version of "Live Dungeon". To the untrained eye, Debuffers or Black Magicians specialized in hampering enemy movements, are viewed as leeches.

The audience would automatically say that "Its was luck!" when it turns out it was a clever tactic of bait and elimination. But also, coming from the audience, they never fought monsters. They are like most who watch TV shows and complain how X didn't happen or Y happened.

Dex-chan lover
i really like that he hasn't just thrown away his memories of his friend, but keeps in mind the one who always had his back.
yet he's ready to face him.

I like this. :D Tho this chapter felt 2x as long as its content.
Anyway, can't wait to see more. :D
Hope in the next few chapters we will see the "Heroes" party struggling without him! MUHAHAHAHAHA

We, as enlightened observers, know the benefits of debuffs. A lot of times our parties were carried through extremely difficult dungeons with speed and def break debuffs. Sure your OP character can carry you for a bit, but eventually you have to craft a team with beneficial buffs and debuffs. But we can't expect the villagers to overcome years of stigma based on little to no fact. Sure, they're dumb, but they logically should be dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread