Wendy the Florist - Vol. 1 Ch. 41 - End of Season 1

@GodGinrai omg same thoughts!! one of the things i first thought was if you really loved her, why would you openly defend her or just run away together?

sheez

Thanks for the mass release! I do pity the guy... to some extent. But ofc he was mostly in the wrong between him and "Olivia". He was wary, good. But to be pressured and allowed that one kiss, like dude. You know how she was being treated and how scheming her family is AND b*tch sis just told you Olivia was unaware of her engagement, there were too many factors to choose from. Sure, it was just one kiss, but again, you had an opportunity to think things through

Dex-chan lover
I think people are being too hard on the guy. Elope? Yeah, don't be ridiculous. In a society like that, that kind of thing can seriously ruin your life. Not like they know any trades. What would a pair of basically useless ex-lesser nobility do? Hope one of them turns out to have magical plant powers or something? OK, she does, but he didn't know that.
She was in imminent danger of getting married off against her will to some old bastard who beat his last wife to death. And all he had to do to stop it was kiss some bitch once? On the face of it, that's an amazing deal. Even after it went wrong and she saw it, if she hadn't disappeared off the face of the earth before he had a chance to explain, it could have been all right. All in all, his gamble went spectacularly wrong, but theoretically it was the best available option at the time.
Well, except maybe insisting on seeing the papers first before he believes the story, and then snatching them.

I genuinely feel bad for that old guy. Everyone in the comment kind of expects the characters to have not a single flaw. That guy did what he thought was best to be able to save Wendy. Obviously, he probably felt very disgusted about it but kept it in for Wendy's sake. If I were in his shoes, I would've done the same thing because that would've meant that my lover wouldn't be forced to be marry off to an old geezer that's been rumored to have been a perpetrator of domestic abuse. The marriage document was already confirmed and set in stone. Selling off daughters without their consent is a occurrent thing in the past. It's not like anyone would've cared if he suddenly told someone, "Olivia is being treated poorly, therefore you should cancel this marriage and stop treating her poorly!"

Fed-Kun's army
I've got negative billion fucks to give about the ex. The whole "I betrayed you to save you" is the worst garbage excuse ever. He could've told her and they could've come up with something together but he is a dumb imbecile and deserves the agonize over this for the rest of his miserable life.

Thanks so much for the mass update😁

Poor guy, i fell sorry for him, but i'm on the duke's time🤩

Aggregator gang
I feel bad for Dylan like it honestly was the only way unless he used force with Francis. His intentions were pure and they would probably be together today if Wendy hadn't hastily left. But time has passed and she's moved on and cherishes her new life much more and doesn't dare go back. Hopefully Dylan can move on too.

Double-page supporter
@Sumatose I totally agree. As much as I ship Wendy with the Duke, I feel really bad for Dylan. He tried to protect Wendy in the only way he could in that little window of time (as it seems they were prepared to send Wendy away soon). It's just unfortunate for the both of them. I've seen enough scum male characters but he isn't one of them. Hopefully he'll move on and be happy with another girl. I am honestly surprised that Francis actually honored her end of the deal.

Also THANKS HOUR OF LUNACY for the mass release!!!

Hmm I'm feeling meh about this series towards the end of season 1. Maybe cause I feel like the start of Wendy's drama could have been prevented if she stopped for a sec and talked to Dylan to properly break up before assuming stuff.

ugh it hurts...sometimes i wish that the misunderstandings can be cleared and they can live happily ever after but that person never ends up being the male lead. i feel so bad for dylan

Dex-chan lover
I want Wendy to show her self to her stepmother and stepsister that she is with Captain of the knights. Show those self-righteous pricks she got the better of them.

And her father... I want him to acknowledge his part in her suffering... Shes his firstborn daughter and he treated her like a pawn.

Can't believe they really made me heartbroken for Dylan... poor boy did everything he could and in the end gets nothing but pain - but that's life and more often than not things are a collection of mistakes and disappointment.

Hope he finds happiness somewhat, he for sure deserves it as much as Wendy.

Supporter
Lol the fact it was a misunderstanding was predicted wayyy back then. And this is why communication and trust is very important between partners. I hope the story picks itself up in season 2 because I honestly think season 1 was very boring.

Wendy is a coward who always run away she doesn't communicate properly..... the ex also stupid for deciding "to betray her to save her " and not thinking that she may never forgive him?!... the captain also idk why did he fall in love with her to begin with?!

I didn't feel the "gyuun" of true love here...
I feel like all the characters are generic and boring !

*if you are wondering why I'm still reading this.. it is because I like to give it a chance till the end of the series*

Right ! thank you for the mass release

Users who are viewing this thread