What are the stories behind your username and avatar.

Well for mine, I got hooked by this manga(https://mangadex.org/title/5655/ninomae-shii-no-tsukaikata) long time ago... and one of the characters is called Shii. It's supposed to be "Shii-kun" but you can't include special characters to your username for most of the games that time. So, Shii-kun became Shiikun and carried it ever since.

Group Leader
Gomi means trash, aka me and I am 400% unoriginal
avatar is from https://mangadex.org/title/16048/bakemono-recchan
Just liked the weirdness of a kawaii school girl with a monster face.

Contributor
This has been my handle and avatar since I started writing anime fanfictions in 2001. "syaoran no hime" was shortened to "Syao-chan" and I've never changed it since then-- in fact, my family, friends, and co-workers call me "Syao" now instead of my birth name, lol.

bep

Years ago I used to go by bedsheet, then I shortened it to bed, then I flipped the d into a p and here we are now.
Avatar is just a cropped panel from Witchcraft Works that I edited to have text about Joe Dirt.

Picture, just because it's a Pokémon parody involving Hatsune Miku. Account, it was my UN back on smoochmango before I migrated here. Which was just the first thing that popped in my head at the time. I was possibly thinking of the Dragon Quest monster named that.

Double-page supporter
It tickles me, that there's a word for words that name things by somethings else about said things. Good a word as any to pique folks' curiosity with. Plus, it's very slightly self-referential.

Picture is from a short comic I drew of a scene I played out in a pen and paper RPG. It's a juvenile dinosaur realizing there's a stealth commando nearby, about to grab and hurl it over a tree.

@dube I don't see that it's ironic that JP has fans among weebs. If one accepts your characterization of weebs as being immature, weak folks, and JP is someone reaching out to such folks, he's simply succeeded in reaching an audience that agrees that some growing up is in order.

Far as I can tell, his attitude toward climate change is that societal development won't turn on a dime for issues so non-immediate (compared to a pandemic), especially when much of the world is busily pulling itself out of histories of poverty. If you have examples of him disregarding experts, I'd appreciate a chance to see them.

My friend dared me to make my name ms edgy because I post edgy shitpost, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
@Metonym
What a great writer
I would be greatly honored
If you joined our club.

We write small haikyu.
Or is it called senryu?
...we still have to learn.

Dex-chan lover
As you can see in my PP, Luna Child is a Fairy of Moonlight in Touhou. She is a similar like me, she likes tea, and dragged around by her unique friends but in a very pleasant way, even though she often became a "victim" of their mischief. Amongst other, she is smarter than the rest, although all fairies in Touhou considered not smart.

I immersed myself and made a fanfic story about her and her friends, the other two fairies transported into the world of "Gocchumon wa usagi desuka?" And work as a staff in a different cafe, helping the main cast and using some magics.

After receiving a good review while perfecting my English, why I'm not stick at this name.

i was dared in high school to go a full day saying words that only started with the letter D

halfway through the day a teacher called on me to answer a question where the answer was "helicopter". the slang at the time was to call things that were cool "dank" & the only words that started with D that i could think of to describe a helicopter (which are notoriously cool) was "dat dank device"

Double-page supporter
@dankdevice Color me impressed. Both at you going through with it, and your daring friends coming up with a challenging but harmless(?) dare.

@MoonlightFairy It's great that your name is like a trophy of your learning. Very inspiring.

Your last phrase, "I'm not stick at this name." is a bit confusing. It seems to say that you didn't "stick with," or keep, the name. I think you mean something like "After receiving a good review, I stuck with this name." or "Since receiving a good review, I haven't gotten sick of this name."

@BlackGeneral
Haiku and names thread:
I'm already there and here.
What more club is there?

well i was playing with a cup-and-ball and thought "hey what about cupandball, with a flail!"

Group Leader
In my case it's really simple: I like this version of Link the most. Majora's Mask was my favorite for a long time because of it's darker and more complex aspects (when reading the manga it gets even a bit heavier). Transforming to Fierce Deity Link (or Oni-Link) and getting that feeling of power after the long journey was quite satisfying. I did find this 3D rendering used as my avatar by chance when I looked for artwork some years ago.

Alternatively I'm also going by the name "SDXC" which derives obiously from the Flash standard for SD cards.
I decided on that name because I always upgrade to larger SD cards for my manga collection, so I can read them on my tablet. Currently I'm waiting for the 1TB microSDXC card because my 400GB is already full, even after converting to webp (around 50% size reduction) ^^

Dex-chan lover
No story. I use different names for different forums and random forum-themed avatar so people won't find/stalk me on another forums.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." ©

Contributor
I'm not as paranoid as I used to be, so I'll say that my username is a special portmanteau of my actual name.
As for my profile pic, it used to be from a promo material of a certain h-manga, then a gif of two (?) girls witnessing true love, and now just a pic of a dumb cat because strambotic gifs can be harmful.

Edited to reflect reality.

Before I get more people DMing me about my avatar I'll just put it here

It's from an original cover art by Meme 50. You can find it on booru etc.

Contributor
My handle was chosen to serve as a reminder to myself to never take anything on this site super duper seriously.
My avatar probably came from a collection of (de)motivational images.

years old tumblr username + random picrew image maker.
i use the same username over on novel updates (with a different image) because i wanted to be (somewhat) consistent.

Aggregator gang
I like faceless anime suit-people and my favorite mangaka is Inio Asano-sama, praise his name and toesies

Users who are viewing this thread