[What has happened to me]~A testimony of a Uyghur woman~ - What has happened to me

@encrypted12345

its not about Islam or even any sort of Religion anymore, its all about your caste, colour and race.

the same shit is happening in the west as well with Mexican and African people being prejudiced against regardless to their beliefs.

also @Zephyrus this manga might cause a lot of bad debate to occur in this place since there are fools like that one who will say awful things like this.

I hope you can handle that.

Contributor
Oh, this reminds me of the fate of Marie Antoinette's son.

Dex-chan lover
@Comrade-Sandvich

There might be prejudice and racism in the west.
But a million of them aren't forced into camps where they're systematically beaten, tortured, brainwashed and otherwise having a pretty bad time.

What I want to know is when this actually started or when it became large-scale.
Because if it's something like it started happening after islamic terrorism became bigger and bigger, and they wanted to really quell the chance of it happening to them internally, I could have 1% of sympathy, but this sure as hell ain't the best way to go about preventing it.

If it happened before that, it's a forced measure of assimilation, which there could be more reasons for, but it's still not a really good way to go about it. But, Uyghurs have 3 strikes against them this time : Color, Culture & Religion. Making sure any of the 3 is under control is one thing, but making sure all 3 are under control at the same time is pretty extreme.

But consider this. China claims to have had 5000 years of civilization. Through multiple dynasties, kingdoms and other periods, right ? How many times do you think those dynasties, kingdoms or periods have come to an end due to massive uprisings, either spontaneously due to having enough or wielded by whoever became the new ruler afterwards ? Quite a few right ? Hence, they're making damn sure it won't ever happen to them, by eliminating anything that could be considered as a rallying cause for people opposing them. Party, religion, culture... If there's only one culture and one party, then even if they fight, it's still the same party or culture that wins. But if it's a foreign culture, religion or totally separate party, then they lose. And since the Chinese have under various periods been under foreign rule (either through direct control or through foreign dynasties), they probably either know as a fact, or know as having been taught but not knowing it's a lie, that those were pretty bad times.

And frankly, if you have to rule such a large population / nation / kingdom, you gotta make sure they don't rise up against you, either by making everyone having pleasant enough lives so there's not enough support for it, or by eliminating anyone who could consider it before they would consider it, and then make sure noone else will consider it. Halfassing it or appeasing everyone constantly will inevitably bring it's own problems sooner or later, and they think to avoid them.

So... Do I think they have some reason for doing what they're doing ? If they want to rule for long, then yes they think they do.
Do I think they have enough reasons to do it to this degree ? No, but they think they do, so my opinion doesn't matter unless I stop them.
Is it morally right ? From their perspective, making some 'changes' to a few million of 1,3+ billion people to retain stability is no price at all.

Double-page supporter
I get that some people want to help these people but I would like to keep political shit out of my hobbies.

@Ekfreet i think a number of manga out there are carries political sh*t despite the author's attempt to color it as action, sci-fi, etc...... but hey, u can tell where this is going if u reach page 2....... or read the title....... so u can stop reading it from there.....

@Robbini grass is never greener on the otherside, at one side we have a regime enforcing people of a certain ethinc group in to re-education camps and on other side we have a war going in Syria where the entire population of over 3 million has been displaced as refugees around the entire world and now the parties involved in said war refuse to take any responsibility and are forcing these refugees out of their countries as a measure of safety.

there is no measure of evil, doing any level of it is wrong as whole.

@Ekfreet me too, but it seems someone here wants us to pick a side and if we don't we are horrible and uncaring people.

Dex-chan lover
People realize that manga has always had political overtones. I don't very much that anyone complaining about POLITICS IN MUH MANGA said word one about Akumetsu or any Ghibli or Tezuka work.

If you pretend politics don't exist you miss out on some fucking incredible manga.

Dex-chan lover
Well, if you’re just now finding out about this shit, then the media has done its job. You need to go beyond corporate owned doggerel mainstream media and look at alternative and foreign outlets if you want to get a sense of the worldwide corruption infesting the planet. For instance, China pretty much owns Reddit now as well as has its tentacles into the NBA and gaming; pushing their agenda and burying problematic stories. Like this:
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3819595
There is some good news; Hong Kong protesters have elected pro- democracy candidates by a wide margin. Hopefully leads to reforms down the road...but it might just lead to another depressing manga title here.

Dex-chan lover
Human rights aren't a competition. Nearly every state and all of the multinational corporations are doing shitty things and crushing human beings into dirt, attempting to grind their bones and blood into riches for the people who own them.

That doesn't mean you get to ignore these things. It means that you call them out every time.

Group Leader
Hong Kong will become the next XinJiang if the students there fail.

Good luck Hong Kong. THe world stands with you.

Fed-Kun's army
Manga, like any medium, is a powerful tool to retell a story or express emotion. Saying to keep certain topics from being in manga is basically undermining the medium. One novel can give its reader the fantasy they want, and another would give a nonfiction detailed account of their experience. It’s up to you to choose what to read, don’t complain about “politics in my hobby” like it was forced on you.

Double-page supporter
@Comrade-Sandvich

Well said, the fucking problem I have with politics is that neither fucking side consists of the good guys. On one hand China is pretty open with their brainwashing and crimes against humanity and on the other hand you have Murica where they had generations of experience that let them hide it better. They literally wiped out hundreds of thousands for oil and no one fucking cared.

Injustices are going to happen, its the fucking reality of this world. At least do yourself a favour and not let yourself be manipulated.

@Ekfreet

Well....... u said don't want s*itty politics then one of the option u can choose is to not read this manga that's it..... from page 2 u can easily know where this eventualy leads, even more so if u read the title and heard a lil bit of what's happening around the world...... again.... if u "don't want s*itty politics in ur hobby" then u can choose not to read this manga, or any comic that has politics in it....... that's all i'm saying.......

And "good fucking job! Want me to clap as well?" I never advice u to "ignore it" i just advice u to "not read it"...... i believe u don't have to blow over the top like that u know.......

@SiKucing

you......kinda.....suck.....just....saying......u.......know.....

and we do fucking care, but we don't want that stuff in a non serious place like this.

its like going to a rave party with a Bible and preaching to people about god while there is a Death Metal blaring in the background.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
I heard of the Xinjiang camps but I still have a really hard time believing that China took this completely random woman, locked her up, ran medical experiments(?) on her children, killed her son, ran medical experiments on her, then let her go, then arrested her again, just because she happened to be Uyghur.

@Comrade-Sandvich

Sigh........ in the first place this site is a place to host comic translated by group or individual......... the guy who translated this uploaded this to the site and if the staff didn't delete this manga, wouldn't that mean that this didn't violate any rule and thus can be hosted here? A serious, non serious, it's no matter to me personaly if the translator want it hosted here and the staff deemed it didn't violate any rule then that's it...... it's not like i own the site and can do whatever i want with it or set the rule as i see fit.........

And......... yeah.......... i'm.............. sucks.......... i mean when i read about the rwandan genocide, tiananmen massacre, rohingnya crisis and massacre, the uyghur "re-education camp" (more like brainwashing-culture destruction camp), and many other...... i felt like crying, mad, i want to shout out loud, i want to do something etc, but at the end of the day..... i'm just a powerless individual, even if i hold rally in front of the chinese embassy they probably gonna ignore it as it is "their internal matters" even if me and my friends asks or demand our country to put formal complain to chinese government, they still gonna said that it is "their internal matters" and my country could only shut up since we got no power to pressure the chinese government.......... so...... yeah..... i'm sucks....... are you?

Double-page supporter
@SiKucing Then do something. Do you actually know how easy entering a volunteering group to Africa is? If all what you want to do is feel better about yourself, there are thousands of ways to do things way more productive than screeching at China.

For whatever injustice you've heard that is happening in China, africans have it way worse. But thats not what you wish to hear, is it?

@Ekfreet

Sigh......... how easy it is to enter a volunteering group is it....... yes, it is easy, in fact there's also middle east one volunteering group in my country and it is also very easy for me to enter it........

I actualy planned to volunteer myself once to middle east to build a hospital there and asked for some time off from my company in order to do it, and got called by my boss a few days later...... he said that i could go there, but the company wouldn't accept someone back for not being productive even if the said employee didn't get paid during the time off simply put, "if u go there u're fired" and he told me to think about my reply seriously...... finding a job isn't easy in my country....... there are numerous graduates every year and a very limited job available so each of us scramble for it....... it took me 2 years to get that job and it was luck over luck cuz said company looking for employee not through job fair or advertisement but through channel of an already higher up associates which happened to be one of my neighbor....... and as it happened he is also one of the interviewer........ i become one amongst others who got accepted, the initial pay is good and the company had a proper health insurance and had a decent enviroment compared to other company..... it is strict but not unreasonable......

Now, i could go to middle east, be a volunteer, lose my job and when i go home, i had to start looking for a job all over again, and i know it won't be easy...... back then my sister is about to enter college and my dad about to enter retirement and over thr weekend i could only think about what would happen if i did or didn't go, from morning till night and even forgot about breakfast or lunch..... only when it is dark outside i realized that i haven't eaten anything since morning and i finaly went out to eat...... over the weekend i could only think about it and when monday comes and i got called to my boss...... do u know what i said to him?

I SAID THE WORD THAT MADE ME DISGUSTED WITH MYSELF, I WANTED TO PUNCH MYSELF, I WANTED TO SHOUT ABOUT WHAT A HYPOCRITE I AM THAT EVEN AFTER I SAID I WANTED TO HELP THEM, I WANTED TO GO THERE AND HELP THEM, I WANTED TO GO THERE AND VOLUNTEER TO BUILD A HOSPITAL FOR THEM SINCE THEIR OLD ONE GOT DESTROYED BY A BOMB I CHOOSE TO REMAIN HERE BECAUSE I GOT SCARED I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GET A JOB BY THE TIME MY FATHER RETIRES AND MY SISTER GOES TO COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why when @Comrade-Sandvich call me sucks i admit it....... i'm sucks..... it took me few days to recover from the shock of that day and that was only i got warned by my boss due to my sloppy work performance....... and i know..... when i see this title i know what i'm gonna read...... and i know i would probably disgusted with myself again since even then, i peobably can't and wouldn't do anything....... when i saw ur comment i'm not mad or anything i'm just saying, if u don't want to read about it here, then don't that's it......

Tbh...... that's me....... that's my circumstances, that's the state of my country's employment situation and i also wrote about my country's stance in comrade's reply........ i don't know about the circumstances of u guys or ur country's condition and stance...... but that's mine...... and that's my life's choice....... i'm sucks? YES I AM! I am heartless? I don't know, most likely i am since i choose not to help them and instead prioritise my family...... What about u guys @Ekfreet @Comrade-Sandvich what's ur condition? What's ur country condition and stance? What's ur choice? And if u guys choose to help them in what form? Would u realy said that ur help had helped them? Tbh, if u had helped them and it truly made a differences then i would be happy, if u pressure ur govenrment and ur country in turn, could pressure other countries to stop abusing their citizen or help stop war that had caused millions to suffer, or could send medical or food aids to numerous place in africa that is lacking, then by all means i would be happy and please, please, please do so........ the state that i am now, i could only send miniscule aid like preserved food or clothes through humanitarian organization in my country, and that...... can't stop the war in yemen, violence in hongkong in response to pretester demands, or save even a single uyghur, and many more.......

Users who are viewing this thread