What is the most recent thing that is making you stressed?

A relative who got out rehab in early December fell off the wagon this week. After things going sideways Wednesday night, she missed work Thursday without notice. Then called in Friday. Hope she doesn't lose her job Monday. :(

@DANDAN Wish I could tutor you. My bio. undergrad degree was 40 years ago, but I later got a related doctorate and was keeping current until just a few years ago.

Spoiler: She kept her job. Also seems to be doing well with her sobriety. (Don't see her every day, so that's just an inference.

I am in the weeb land at last, but I have two part time jobs (one is working in an anime figures shop) at the same time and I'm also teaching English in my share house so I get a substantial discount in my monthly rent. Teaching English is easy, but the other job is during the night, so my sleep schedule is a mess right now. That's not counting I've always been a above average clumsy person and I always take jobs super seriously so I'm stressed half of the time now.

Dex-chan lover
There are two things that are making me stressed, one of them got solved recently.

So, let's start with this funny story. After Infinity War, I'm pretty much a Marvel fanboy. I remember getting excited watching the trailer for Endgame and finding out what its name is since the Russo Brothers said that "it's kept a secret because it's a spoiler to Infinity War". Got me really excited.

One month in is about where the leaks came out. The only two social medias I use daily are Line for communication and YouTube for entertainment. I've set two rules for myself: 1. Never click on anything Marvel-related or the algorithm will summon spoilers in my reccommendation feed - therefore never look at the reccommendations feed; 2. Be extra, extra, extra careful when scrolling down comment sections. That was how serious I was at avoiding spoilers.

Then all I needed to do was order the ticket online. The incoming week, I was already aware that tickets could already be prebought online - I even heard on the radio that the premium tickets were sold out on the first day - but I didn't do anything since I thought my parents already handled it.

Three days left to opening day which is Wednesday, on a car trip home, I brought up the topic after hearing stuffs on the radio which reminded me of it. Turns out, they haven't even bought the ticket yet. When my mom checked online, guess what? Due to schedules, my whole family won't be able to see it on opening day (there were still seats in the front but who would want to break their necks staring up for three hours straight in order to watch a parallelogram screen? No way.) So we looked over the next four days, looking for a good time with a good seat. I was really pushing it since the faster I see Endgame, the faster I can drop this strict anti-spoiler initiative. I really love a good story and want the best experience for my first viewing so spoilers are like toxins to me.

There, on a Friday, three open seats laying tightly in the middle amongst a sea of taken spots. It's almost as if it's there just waiting for my family of three. Since this is online, I knew that it can be taken at any moment. I don't want them to be taken, I want them for us and us only. The thing is, it's 3 pm in the afternoon where it's still work hours - or rather school hours.

"Thankfully" my college has a schedule that is very different from that of my high school. It isn't packed with lessons from 8 to 15 o'clock, it's small chunks of lecture spread throughout the week filled with extremely concentrated doses of education - basically it have a lot of free time which allows for extreme flexibility, given that you're responsible for how you manage your own time. I saw the spots for Friday, 3 pm. "Unfortunately", it's taken with biochemistry. But I was desperate.

With my college wanting a schedule whose flexibility is greater than Elastigirl, I recalled that Biochemistry is one of the few courses that are on an experimental run. Half of the lessons over one semester will be face-to-face (F2F), the other will be online which means that I can stay home. This switches back and forth. Week 1 will be F2F, 2 will be online, so on and so forth. Week 9 is online. This Friday is week 9. That's it, this is a miracle, take this chance, Mom! Buy the tickets before someone else steals them!!

That night, I came to a horrible sense of realization where I bare witness to a blessing turning into a curse before me. After reading up on my class Line group, I discovered that I had misremembered something. This Friday is week 10, last week was week 9. We have Biochemistry class this Friday, right when Endgame is playing in the theater whose tickets my parents bought the past afternoon is supposed to give us entry to. I had already prepared myself to, instead of loosening up, tighten my schedule into "2. Don't look at ant comment sections at all" since I was so excited that I wanted to take extra measures. I've always thought of myself weird - why can't I get excited even when events I look forward to are right around the corner? Here's the answer: I lied to myself that I wasn't excited when in reality I really am, I knew that I can't contain my excitement and therefore I lied to myself. I would have never discover this about myself if the world didn't came crashing down before my eyes the very moment I knew that my memories had lied to my face.

Then I faced a dillema - should I skip Biochem? Remember about the flexible schedule? I'm about to make it even more flexible. The school allows absents as long as the attendence rate exceeds 80% and I haven't skipped on ant of my previous Biochem. The lectures there were so difficult that wether or not I'm there to listen to the lecturer, it still won't change the fact that I'll need to look up YouTube videos on the topic get the slightest hope of understanding the lesson. I knew that - if I skip I will get away scott-free; it never was a matter of "if", it was rather a matter of "should I?" My parents will most definitely be against me skipping but if I don't tell them, I can guarantee that they will never know.

But I decided to tell them anyway and part of me that was against this despises me for this. I can still feel that part's anger, although more soothed now, will still scar my memory. My parents didn't lash out, they didn't say "I'm not mad, I'm dissapointed" although it was very clearly defined in the tone of their voice. The part that was scarred in my memory was the incredibly humongous self-dissapointment and the amount of trust I loss on myself. The thought that came across my mind everyday back then was "Yeah, I know that this will be a funny memory in 10, maybe 20 years. But right now, all I feel, is pure dissapointment."

The guilt burdened my mind and disruptedy focus every single day until the moment I was able to sit there on the theater on the next Monday, where I'm supposed to have General Microbiology and Organic Chemistry. I assure you, I triple-checked everything and even crosschecked with my Line group. I was intoxicated by a cocktail of exhilararion, panic, wonder, waryness, and curiosity for my schedule, the tickets, Endgame, everything. My mind was tied to so many different things back then that even double-checking wasn't enough to avoid that incredibly stupid mistake. But don't worry, those two classes are online and I have free time.

I was so traumatized by my self-dissapointment that even weeks after the incident, I had not recovered and one time where my extra, extra flexible schedule was being weird, I crosschecked multiple times to my class Line group that I started seeing myself as a nuisance for repeatedly asking for the same information. But I needed the extra assurance. I basically lost all trust in myself.

But then I memorized the Krebs cycle and suddenly regained confidence after being so proud of myself.

Well, that's one of two out of my chest.

The second one is my midterm result. It was horrible. Fundamentals of Life Sciences and Org Chem are two lessons I felt really confident at that I was certain I'd get at least 80 on the two of them. FLS was a 58.5 and Org Chem is a 60. Welp, thanks Krebs for helping but my self-confidence is back to a zero.

Wanna know what's worst? I got the chance to look at my midterm exam to review what I got wrong.

Stupid mistakes. Incredibly stupid mistakes.

Two questions that I got wrong were genuine. I didn't study enough and those two were out of my radar. I had no hard feelings for them. However, everything else was just plain idiotic.

I got two questions wrong because I miscounted the number of electrons on a nitrogen. A SINGLE ATOM COSTED ME TWO QUESTIONS. The octet rule says "but this is impossible!" yet my guts say "go ahead, add one more pair of electrons because I feel it's right!" NO IT WASN'T WHY DID I TRUST YOU BACK THEN?!!! I've trusted my guts my whole life yet at this one moment it decided to screw with me, seriously? WHY?

Oh this isn't over yet. I saved the worst for last. Stereochemistry. Freaking. Stereochemistry. It costed me so many questions I stopped counting. Stereochemistry alone was the sole reason my score crashed. I knew that clockwise means R, anticlockwise means S. And yeah, in the test I answered all clockwise as R and all anticlockwise as S. You know why I failed? I thought that a clockwise molecule was anticlockwise. Yeah, that's right. I DON'T FREAKING KNOW HOW TO CLOCK. It was incredibly dumb that I got ALL stereochemistry questions wrong. Except for one but that was at the very beginning before my stupidity takes over my mind and answered the rest of the questions wrong. Brainless. Dazed. Deficient. Dense. Dim. Doltish. Whatever synonyms thesaurus.com brings to me. The mistake was just so dumb it could be put in The Simpsons just so that the characters can laugh at my mistake. Oh, what's that? My self-confidence? Yeah I don't see it anywhere since IT'S ON THE NEGATIVE SCALE ALREADY.

And my parents telling me that a 70 isn't good enough isn't helping either. Obviously I kept this a secret from them. I know that I'm failing, their lectures won't help me more.

I don't think my GPA for this semester will be good and lessons next year are just gonna escalate in difficulty so the only thing I hope for is that I can maintain 3.5. This is pretty low for someone who looked into the future wanting to graduate with a >3.8 GPA during high school. I wonder how much lower it can go?

But seriously. I just hope that this can't get any lower. Alright Imma go read some isekai or play random forum games or waste my time fapping to lolis or something. It's 25 minutes past three in the freaking morning now and I've been continuously writing on this for an hour after doing my lab journal just past midnight which I procrastinated on the entire day which really is not helping my Circadian rythm which recently just fixed itself - safe to say that I broke it once again tho. I need to wake up at 8 just to be there for lab at 10 o'clock which if I get any more absents Imma fail the course and have to repeat the next year and I hope to God this won't happen cause my self-confidence is approaching negative infinity so woohoo me.

K goodnight. I'm just going insane.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so tired of thinking about the future. If you ask me, "do you want to be a NEET?" I'd be lying if I say no. No stress, no worries, just 24/7 food and internet. Maybe that's why Eromanga-sensei is my guilty pleasure. I just relate to Sagiri so much. Or rather, I want to be Sagiri.

Honestly, that's part of the reason I made so much effort towards improving my writing abilities from a young age. Aside from a genuine love for reading and writing, my dream is to have something I've worked on become popular enough that I can just coast on royalties between books. Granted, I took computer science classes during my academic career so that I'd have a decently solid fall-back plan...but I'd really prefer it to be that: a fall-back plan.

As for what's stressing me recently? That I haven't yet completed a book to publish and achieve that dream. R.I.P....

Dex-chan lover
Woke up decently early this morning, didn't forget any of my things and I arrived on campus unexpectedly early because traffic decided to be nice this morning. This should be the start to a great day yet I'm not feeling it cause I only slept for four hours which I know is not enough for me. Whatever, I guess.

@Sleeper Good luck!

Group Leader
my $8/hr job is cutting hours so severely I (and everyone else for that matter) only have 10 hours this week, and none of my post college job applications are landing anything. I'm looking at a $160 2-week paycheck 😞, probs gonna be a net pull of 300-400 dollars this month. Only thing I truly have to be greatful for is my family is supportive and still allowing me to live at home, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to survive. Average tiny apartment around here is $1000 a month, absolute cheapest I've found is $750.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6YtMXjaZY

What is stressing me out? No matter how much i earn there is never enough cash, the house i live in needs gigantic repairs and i don't have 60k on hand to do so. I could sell stuff for higher price but then i would sell less and who knows i may even loose customers that way. There's an open conflict between older and younger generations in my family. I'm the type of person that first talk second think, once a month i wake up in cold sweat 'cause i had a nightmare 'bout some stupid stuff i said like 10 years ago.

Dex-chan lover
I almost missed an important email. It was a notification that an assignment was due today. I had a week to do it but only notice at the last two days. I planned to do all my assignments over the weekend but it really wasn't flexible so am extra thing to do threw a wrench in my plan.

It's the worst feeling: you have finally set your near future into words and schedules and can slow down and take a break to get rid of some stress loading up at the back of your mind - then a wrecking ball jumps in and now you have a cat running around your schedule and purposefully dropping all the plans left and right like fragile furniture just waiting to be fractured. It's 1:27 am right now and I need to wake up at way before 7 if I don't want to be late. And I want to watch YouTube.

I found out that I've been sacrificing sleep for my hobbies since I need more than 24 hours in my day. I mean, who needs sleep when you can not go to the mental asylum from all the stress? I guess the worst part is that I have to choose my hobbies since the past two days I haven't read any mangas nor watch any animes since the YouTube vids in my subscription feed since I feel like I can control myself when it comes to YouTube more than anime episodes. And I'm avoiding Reddit as much as I can since the memes will end me in a cycle of everlasting procrastination.

I have final exams in a few weeks. If I don't fix my GPA my parents will probably kill me. That won't help my mental health at all. Haven't told them about how much I failed my midterms yet. If my finals are good, I can recover quite a few points back and maintain my GPA, if they're bad then I'm just gonna flat out cry in my bedroom, probably. Don't know how to tell my parents if my grades dropped. They encouraged me not to study less in the past and even count every 70 I told them (in order to hide the 60s). I know they're gonna blame it on my hobbies - that I watch too much, that I read too much - telling them that they're wrong has proven to be fruitless. I know that I should study more even without their advice, them pinning the blame of my incompetency on my procrastination isn't helping.

I've been thinking of telling them that I'm stressed, like what characters from a cheap drama show should be doing so that things won't escalate to a ridiculous level. But I'm scared. I've always tried to predict the near future, reduce the risks of the unexpected cat ruining my plans by planning up possible scenarios the future could go to, prepare comebacks for things that probably don't even need comebacks to. I can't imagine what would happen if I tell them. Most probably that everything will be okay, but what is "okay"? It's so uncertain. I can't predict that future.

Oh yeah, my parents will also kill me if they found out I've been losing sleep over some videos. Maybe I shouldn't tell them after all.

My teammate also just texted my group that we haven't finished out part so she needs help. It's 1:52 right now and she's sleep deprived. I need to help but I also want to watch. This isn't really a dilema, I really want to watch YouTube. Yeah I suck as a coworker but I'm also tired, geez. I'll probably spend 20 minutes trying before giving up.

Alright then Imma go turn my brain into jelly, see ya everyone.

Edit: yeah I think she dozed off and left everything to me.

Dex-chan lover
So I just took my lab exam... it's not hopeful.

I had thirty minutes to Gram-stain bacteria sample Z, but like an idiot I thought I had to do all samples X, Y, and Z and I started with X. I found X twenty minutes in but then I realized my mistake I had five minutes left. My anxious, shaky hands and the spilled bleach over all my stationaries and phone didn't help either. My phone is sticky and smells like soap. I probably gonna get points deducted for both not showing my sample to the instructor as well as uncleanliness. I spilled dye all over the place and had to wash them with alcohol while waiting for the chemicals to do their thing.

I managed to guess sample Z tho. There were only three and the instruction provided info for all three. Using process of elimination and knowledge of the identity of X I'm able to determine that Z is S. aureus but I doubt I'm gonna get over 70 on this test.

My only hope is that the score from mid exam is gonna lift my finals enough for a B or, by any slim chance, an A.

Today (5/22) was the last day to register for the SAT. I missed the original registration date and because of the late fee the cost went from 40 something to 70 something. I'm broke so I knew my mom was going to have to pay for it and I was so afraid to ask her, I waited till the last minute. So the last minute rolls up and I figure It's now or never. I filled in the form a while ago, so all I needed to do is open the website, go to the check out and ask my mom. I open the website, log in and error. I try again error. I go through a link they sent me (Don't forget to sign up for the SAT! Click here to register!) a couple of days ago. Website under maintenance try again in a few hours. It was late so few hours meant the next day, I didn't have another day. If this were a manga, the light from my eyes would have disappeared that very moment.

Luckly, I have another chance to take the test later this year, but my plan was to take it 2 times. If I'm already messing up something as simple as SAT registration, I can't wait for college applications :')

Dex-chan lover
I have an urge to spread my seeds all around the world, so far I only have around ten known kids around the world but I have a goal of a thousand until my last day on earth.

Miku best girl
Admin
Waking up to a text from ix.

(Because it would usually say "MangaDex is on fire and you need to come and fix it!")

SJWs / useful idiots ruining everything as usual.
Just checked the comments for a hentai and this was the only comment.
"For any virgin boys getting off on this, STOP. This is NOT in any way how you should treat your partner. This IS date rape. No means no. If you don't like that, find someone else."

How do you tell if someone's an SJW / tranny? They'll let you know.

Dex-chan lover
I'm barely catching up on anime and manga. School is so busy... Three eps of Dororo, one for Shield Hero, another for Kenja no Mago, two Bocchi, two Ao-chan, three for 400 yo fox loli Senko-san, one Carole & Tuesday, I'm not even sure if I'm gonna pick up Sarazanmai at this point, and countless numbers of manga chapters and totally not loli hentai that I've slept on as well.

And if anyone's waiting for that Herpes Isekai, you're not getting chapter one for months. I only write in the spare time of my spare time cause I prioritize my hobbies over my writing.

Good news is that two-week semester break is coming up in a one week but I'll probably use a lot of that time to prepare for finals. So idk if I can catch up on anime. Next season I'll pick up less.

Users who are viewing this thread