What is the most recent thing that is making you stressed?

Deadline.
Deadline is hell.
Within a month, the deadline is slowly catching up, but the temptation to do something and laze around is very strong.

Dex-chan lover
Finally got a day or two of freedom. Now I can binge anime all I want since the workload has lightened and YouTube's giving me no good vids to watch.

I just watched the most recent episode of AOT and... Wow.

Dex-chan lover
I have a border collie who requires a lot of exercise which can sometimes be difficult. If she doesn't get it during the day, she'll jump on my bed at night and paw at me or bark. She's almost 5 now so she has calmed down a bit though. A couple years ago, I took her hiking, expecting it to tire her out at least a little bit. But, it seemed to do the total opposite, turned her into the energizer bunny. I love her a lot, but she can be a lot of work. I kinda regret not renting her out to farms when I had the chance.

i started job hunt prep this week - so far i've got virtually all of it done, just need to see if i can stuff myself into my interview suit and get my hair back under control. won't be too long before i'm shipping off applications, composing those ever important followup emails and keeping my fingers crossed for callbacks.

generalized anxiety and a mild case of PTSD complicates things a bit, though. it's hard not to think about my last job search, which was eight months of heavy stress as i was desperately trying to meet my unemployment quota to keep my family afloat. i'm taking a more methodical approach this time, trying to do it right the first time instead of winging it and hoping i do it right...which is then at odds with the part of my brain that says i should just run headlong into my problems and bulldoze them down.

aaaaand here we go again: got a few applications sent off and responded to a recruiter on linkedin, but also got inundated with job listings that have these enormous qualification lists that i don't come close to matching. trying to stay as positive as i can about the whole thing, but times like this make me regret ever thinking about getting a CS degree.

Dex-chan lover
My circadian rhythm is screwed so I plan to hard-reset it by staying up 24+ hours.

I don't think this is how I'm supposed to do this because I feel sick. It's only been 17 hours and 3 hours past my supposed bedtime.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that last time failed. I fell asleep at 18 hours.

Today I've succeed so far at 22 and I'm really hating this. I need to lay down on the bed every two hours or else my brain shuts down. My eyes want to close and forcing them open does work but at times it hurts. It's hard to switch to focus-mode to study or procrastinate and my head's subtly hazy. I think the only reason it works today is because I drank a bit of coffee.

Dex-chan lover
Yesterday I made it 26 hours and fell asleep at 10 pm ish. I plan to stay up 26 hours today as well so that my bedtime will alligned with midnight. Already drank my coffee and only 10 hours in, why am I feeling drowsy?

Dex-chan lover
@Dandan_the_Dandan. Actual advice. Try not touching your phones and computer etc. Go to a dark room with a window facing the sunrise. Probs won't be able to sleep for a few hours and get bored to hell. But the blazing hot and shiny sun in the morning will force you to wake up in the early morning. Then all you got to do is grab some coffee (only in the morning) and last til normal human night to either sleep or do the same method again. Only takes me 2-3 nights to get my cycle fixed.

Alarms just ring a for a single minute. The Sun is a lot more patient and persistent at melting your face off and forcing you to go wake up and grab water.

Dex-chan lover
Less of stressed more on extremely pissed,
Shitty seniority system, i can barely work within my own department, i have worked with other departments far easier and a shit load more work done. And for the bonus round that is there is some initiations shit, man if only i could isekai someone...
/Rant

mrf

Trying to not be so personal. I cannot sleep if I still awake after 10 pm or else I will stay wake up till the next day. Lack of sleep. Too many Demands from family member at day time when I couldn't sleep.

Dex-chan lover
My guilt.
My guilt of having sullied The Haiku Thread.
Its first page will always be tainted by the indelible stain of my madness.
Why did nobody stop me!?
(Slams his fist on the table) WHYYYY!?
(Dramatic pause) why...

Dex-chan lover
Woke up today to find out my friends shaved off my beard that i've been growing for the past 2 years. The sense of loss is overwhelming hell I didn't even lash out at those bastards I just feel empty now.

Dex-chan lover
I only have 1 personal, floating holiday, and sick day left for the rest of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread