What is your favorite game of all time?

Dex-chan lover
@Kowairo11 I came here to say the Souls series as well. Some reasons as to why the Souls series is my favorite:

- Replayability. Trying out different builds each playthrough keeps the game fun and interesting. Pvp adds a ton of replayability to the games as well. While it may be unlikely, I'd be happy to see a sort of sandbox mode in any future games.
- Skill curve. Dying dozens of times in order to fully get down a boss' moveset and then being able to whoop his ass every time is so satisfying.
- Level design. In all the games, I love exploring every part of the map. And unlocking the shortcuts that lead to other parts of the map and learning how the world is connected is awesome.
- Lore. You can easily go through each game without knowing or caring about any of the story if desired. But there's so much hidden lore in the environment and item descriptions, and I love the way people have pieced it all together online in order to fully explain the extensive story of the world.

I recently played Sekiro for the first time and couldn't stop. For anyone unaware, Sekiro isn't a Dark Souls game, but it's made by the same developer and contains very similar aspects to the Dark Souls series. It also takes place in Japan so it's a game that filthy weebs like us can enjoy.

Dex-chan lover
Silent Hill 2
I dont play much games to begin with though and RPGs like FF or CT usually bores me to death
(I really want to play and finish Planescape Torment for the last decades but still end up not doing it lole)

I don't own a lot of games, but my absolute favourites are The Witcher and Half-life series, if I own Red Dead Redemption, I'd probably love that as well.

Open-world and story-driven (simple enough that my big dum-dum brain can understand) is the shit for me. I don't think I have to elaborate on how open the world of The Witcher is, but Half-life, while being more linear, still offers you a huge world to run, drive, or fly through.

Replayability plays a huge role as well, the multiple storylines and playstyles of The Witcher plus the huge world add tons of replayability, and with the modding community of Half-life (or popular Valve titles in general), there's pretty much infinite replayability.

Shadow of Rome on Ps2 is one my favorite games of all time, it's pretty easy to finish the first time but clearing every difficulty is pretty hard and fun

Well, i played a lot of games these years, mostly MMORPGS, It correctly pegged my top three of Final Fantasy xiv, Path of Exile and Super Mario 3, actually, the games listed on my favourite servicer sse gold are all very hot, like WoW Classic, TESO, Animal Crossing and FIFA 20.

Dex-chan lover
My favourite game is Final Fantasy IX, the only game that I replayed 8 times, even when part of it is because the game always hang after fighting Garland on disc 3, and after that on disc 4 it hang on Memoria lol but it is the only game I played for many year.

For me it's a tie between Bloodborne and Subnautica. Though probably bloodborne for the greater replayability.

Gotta go with Dragon Age. Specifically Dragon Age: Origins, but 2 and Inquisition are great too.

. . . . I'm never gonna get Dragon Age 4 at this rate . . .

Contributor
My answer will be very simple and understandable to many, the favorite game of the CSGO will remain my favorite of the navsed.
Spambot aside, I wonder what 'navsed' was supposed to be.

Dex-chan lover
Why doubt him? Let the guy enjoy his CSGO.

@Famme258 Hey man, that's pretty wild that you're able to make a living by betting CSGO items online! Rock on my dude, and don't let these naysayers get you down.

I have a hard time picking between Sekiro and Dark Souls 3. The combat in both of them are very satisfying for me. Sekiro would be my pick if it had multiplayer (I know there's a mod for it). But Dark souls is where i've spent more time. (spent 760+ hours to get one character to lvl 802, which is max lvl, getting to ng+79-or there about in the process)

If im just going on pure gameplay, i would pick sekiro. the swordfights feels amazing, especially against bosses, isshin being my fav 100%. The game also got me somewhat interested in japanese history.
If im going on the actual experience it would be Dark souls. the meme builds, challenge runs, invasions, the huge variety of enemies types (compared to sekiro).

I played Sekiro when it first released expecting another dark soul experience, boy was i wrong. i dropped it after 2 or 3 days, coming back to it good 9 months after really biting into it and completing it.

Group Leader
I have a few that I can't choose between.

Fallout 4: my entry into the franchise, and thus the one closets to my heart
Hotel dusk (and also last window): i love mysteries, and these games are amazing imo. at style, gameplay, characters...
new style boutique(also the one for DS): it's an entire seris, 4 games so far. I'm not really the type o woman that cares a lot about fashion, ut these games are really entertaining.

For me id say its a Close tie between Starcraft Broodwar and WC3 (been playing both since 2004)

Dex-chan lover
@Ploiken
the meme builds
This 100%. In addition to the great replay value of the souls games, the community keeps the series fresh with their memes, be it as builds, images, or anything else. I swear, the community makes some of the most golden memes of the modern ages.

@ADarkDrop
Fallout 4: my entry into the franchise, and thus the one closets (lol closets) to my heart
I thoroughly enjoyed FO4 as well. If you haven't already, you should for sure play Fallout New Vegas and FO3, as I would put them above FO4 overall, especially with the mod potential.

Group Leader
@bigtiddyoneesan oh, I've played both of them, and while I'm sure from an analytical stand point both are better than FO4, (and I do still love them), FO4 is just my overall favorite.

Dex-chan lover
FF6, Dead Space 1, Dissidia FF, Street Fighter IV.
Off the top of my head

Users who are viewing this thread