What Light Novel are you reading currently

Aggregator gang
Currently reading Kuma kuma bear, average abilities ,kumo desu ga

Contributor
Denyuuden, Index, Brave Story

Well, they seem to be more on hold than reading....
I really should finish brave story and denyuuden

I actually just got the first volume of Overlord as a gift, so I've been reading through that in my spare time, as of late. I actually started with the anime, even though I knew about the light novels first, so it's interesting to see how one begat the other.

Currently reading Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon again, as well as Kamigami no Inai Hoshi de.

infinite dendrogram , archdemon's dilemma , and world of otome game is tough for mobs .

scheduled to finish all the volume by this sunday morning if i skip 2 day sleep .

I’m reading the licensed version of “ascendence of a bookworm”, next volume to be released next month 😝 Tots excited!

These are the light novels I'm currently following:
- Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
I think you know this one already. An isekai story that follows a dysfunctional party composed of a former NEET, useless goddess, explosion loli, and masochist crusader. I originally came for its comedy but stayed for Kazumin Its final volume is going to be released on May so it's kind of sad to see it ending soon.
- Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka?
A story that follows an ordinary high school boy who wants to have a girlfriend being surrounded by perverted beauties. It can be quite cliche but I've already accepted that I'm trash.
- Tomodachi no Imouto ga Ore ni Dake Uzai
This is a story about a high school boy who wants to become very efficient in the things he does and his friend's little sister who annoys him to the brim. The sister is one of those teasing types that I am a sucker for. This one has a love triangle (??) kind of thing going on. Since the sister is annoying to him, the guy pretty much sees her as an annoying kid, not as a romantic interest. At first, the guy is obstinate but he does mellow out later on.
- Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy
The title translates roughly to "The Romantic Comedy Where the Childhood friend will Absolutely not Lose." We have here a (seemingly) regular, ordinary high school boy who has a crush on a girl who is an award-winning novelist. Then he has this childhood friend who has a crush on this boy. Honestly, the interactions between the characters in the story is what made me like it, and this one is actually one of the more popular recent light novels in Japan.
- Kawaii Onnanoko ni Kouryaku Sareru no Wa Suki desu ka?
It is a story where the son of a powerful political family in Japan and the daughter of a distinguished family that engages in criminal activity engage in a "love game" where the one who openly admits their love for the other first loses, with the punishment being becoming a slave of the winner. It has the Love is War kind of dynamics but (for me), the schemes are at a much grander scale compared to Love is War. It did kind of seem become cliche around the second volume but otherwise, still an enjoyable read.
- Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsu no Ma ni ka Dame Ningen ni Sareteiru Ken
This is a story about a high school boy living by himself despite not being not good at choores (e.g. cooking, cleaning his room) who gets taken care of by his cold, sharp-tongued neighbor who happens to be a beautiful girl well-known in their school as the "Angel." It is the most heartwarming romance light novel series I have read to date. Definitely a great read.

Group Leader
I'm dying to read the 4th volume of 86, I'm real close to downloading the digital version instead of waiting for my physical copy to arrive

@fluffjunk13 I felt like reading some modern setting LNs so your list is very much appreciated

Bql6EtA.png

Group Leader
@pockettrash wdy by "I'm dying" is it the name of novel you are currently read or is it to describe that you want to read it asap.

I read Three Days of Happiness

Group Leader
@pandascepter I meant it as the latter, have not encountered a light novel with that name yet lol
So yeah, just excited

How did you like Three Days of Happiness? It's one of my personal favorites, can't wait for the official release

Aggregator gang
Currently rereading reika-sama , 300 year slime witch ,erika

Group Leader
@pockettrash i've been encountered Three days of happiness recently, maybe liks 4 or 3 months ago, and yeah i am too exicited about official english release. I like it because it story telling was so unusual and cliche at the same times, you can predict it, but you can't prepare your heart for what's gonna happend in the next flip. I hope this LN have a drama or a movie animation

Dex-chan lover
Only ones I was reading were Maou-sama and Oregairu, but I lost track of which volumes of Maou-sama were TL'ed, while Oregairu's ended, so uh, guess I'm not reading anything.

Double-page supporter
Nothing actually. Many LN/WN fan-trasnslations were dropped because of licensing but I find quality of license unacceptable.

I just binge read (sorry, my eyes) Ascendance of a Bookworm or Honzuki no Gekokujou, can't wait for the nex volume to come out. Right now I'm reading How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord (love it, really funny) and Konosuba.

I don’t read novels at all. I tried to fall in love with this genre of literature, but nothing came of it.

Users who are viewing this thread