What was the last thing that made you drop a series (for whatever reason)?

For me, what makes me abandon a series the most is the wait, that is, when a new series emerges and it is interesting but then they make you wait a long time to give you new material. For me it is super frustrating and I end up leaving them forgotten. That's why usually when a new anime comes out I prefer to let the season finish before watching it, watching 15 minutes a week is not my thing, with manga I still let a few chapters accumulate and then I read them I hate that drop count content.

Dex-chan lover
Revenge Channel Uramin, since the story didn't have any plot and consisted of asspulls.
Originally went in because I found the idea of a professional revenge story interesting, then the author made a random villian capable of raping the allegedly competent mc and then pussyfooted around with an original revenge target.
The story didn't even last 8 chapters before it showed that the author doesn't know what the fuck he is doing, even a common shitsekai keeps a coherent arc longer than this piece

Dex-chan lover
Best reason to drop a series. It's abandoned. No update in over a year.

Dex-chan lover
I dropped Onimai after two episodes. Maybe I'm too sensitive about it, but the brother was depressed IIRC, so what's the best solution to solve it? Make him realize that he has worth even as he is now?

LOLNO, traumatize him by making him much younger to the point where he has to go back to middle school and change his gender against his will. That's totally fine since he's really cute now! He will totally learn how to cope with himself by blending in with minors as a girl!

I fucking hate how manga and anime make light of mental illness.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread