What you need to know about the recent MangaDex data breach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao you never learn. First ignoring that solo leveling and other hangook shit crashes the place and now this

Is there any way to make a backup for our follows and lists? You know like a .txt or something...

Thanks for the announcement :)

Appreciate the transparency and how quickly you guys got the site back up and secured. As well as the clear list of what was compromised and steps to take after.

Thank you everyone for all you do for this website.

Ive been using mangadex on incognito mode so do i need to update my email and stuff?

@aliy All incognito mode does is delete the cache, cookies and browser history not the database. Though the passwords were salted and hashed (as I read it), they are still out there. Its best practice to reset it, as well as your redo your 2FA. Most of the rest is already out there and readable, if it's your personal email you could alternatively make an alias for it like with Gmail, Outlook in the web interface or some other service and use that, but you could also just leave it if it isn't a work or school email for example.

@Manga2rain i only ever used this email for manga websites, the only thing im worried about is that it has my full name in it.

Ok wow, but when will the api up again? i just wanna know 'cause my tool are using the api to update the local database. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread