What's some of the most frustrating things you keep seeing in manga?

Group Leader
School castes, as soon as I see that term I cringe so hard. If the mc sighs a lot and resigns to being at the bottom without even trying but still complain about the fact a school caste exists I drop it. Bonus points if the MC carries his slung bag over his shoulder and puts his hand in his pocket.

Another one is when it's a harem and the MC has a male friend but he gets no girls interested in them. Dude is just their for comedic relief.

Dex-chan lover
jp is great while the rest of the world is behind them
a harem untill the author decides to pick a girl and drop the rest
isekai's with dumb power system
can't kill a character
cringe high school romances

Dex-chan lover
Fantasy of power both in special schools of free buffet bulling and fantasy worlds, good for nothing male protagonists with mentally ill female characters flocking around, for any of these it doesn't matter if it's NTR or not. And yuri bait, just make bishonen date and yuri girls bloom together.

Dex-chan lover
i wonder if JP rice is super amazing on its own if not some kinda sponsorship not so subtle advertising, other than like egg yolk topping or so i don't think i've ever rly had rice without some kinda meat/protein (or maybe it just tastes amazing chilled/room temp b/c i don't think i've ever had onigiri or a 'bento' and i imagine most schoolkids wouldn't have access to a microwave for that. tho i've had kimbap/teh korea ver and even then i preferred it heated up)
I've heard the rice over there has a different flavor compared to places like the U.S. where it's pretty much just...bland. I can't say for sure, but even if it's true I can't imagine it being so great that EVERY isekai protag needs to obsess over it.

Contributor
When the MC MUST NOT interact with the real hero/protagonist of the world/story/game but in fact chapter 2, the MC saves their life...

Dex-chan lover
Jp's "mc is so super incredibly kind" for saving people by accident monologue. especially when its something done for as little effort as humanely possible and ends up having a bunch of random characters use it as an excuse to fall for someone even though it came at 0 cost in time or materials to the MC.

Users who are viewing this thread