Where were you reading manga before you discovered MangaDex?

Sites like mangapanda, mangastream then an app on Android called MangaZone (Uninstalled because of delay on releases for many months) then another app named Tachiyomi (Best mangareader app for me) where I found MangaDex.

VIP
Roughly in this order chronologically (but some of them I still use):
1. volumes borrowed from the library (I still do this for some new series that come out)
2. downloaded CBZ files (actually the only manga I did this for was the Chuang Yi PokeSpe translation, mainly because the manga wasn't available in the library, or like, ANYWHERE in North America)
3. Mangafox
4. volumes bought from Indigo (for the few volumes I can't get from the library or the ones where I was too impatient to wait for them to start appearing in the library)
5. Batoto
6. Kissmanga (because hurray continuous scrolling and not having to wait for the page to load on every page)
7. Dynasty Reader (pretty good reader and content selection, so I still go here)
8. Mangadex (started coming here after hearing about that whole Batoto dying thing)

Contributor
Edit Chronology :
2006-2008 I use One Manga,
2008-1010 I use Mangafox and its forum before turning into Aggregates,
2010-2012 I use Tracking Like Mangaupdates and RSS and IRC
2012-2017,I use Old Batoto and Few Translator Site
Post 2017-Early 2018 I use Reddit/Imgur
Mid Jan 2018 I Use Mangadex

Dex-chan lover
One Manga. Gawd I feel old.
Been there since pretty early on and until its death.
Then went on to a lot aggregators, nothing really specific. Jumped around here and there, from Fox to Kiss you name it- I have no loyalty for sites. Never really got into Batoto for "reasons".
RSS feed my scanlators and discord. Then got too comfy here.

Dex-chan lover
Let's see.. I also use One Manga till it stop it service,
then I used mangareader/mangapanda because it kinda similar to One Manga and also provide plenty of mangas,
and I also use mangastream to follow up on One Piece and Naruto back then (Now mostly I'm there to just to read Shokugeki no Souma, and sometimes if its available Hunter x Hunter and Berserk),
then I found a site called heavenmanga which is ok at first, then it kinda riddled with ads and most of the times it have problems on loading the image,
so I switch to another site called mangakakalot
then one day I was looking for the RAW of Saiki Kusuo manga which led me here (I'm not sure when, but the RAW eventually been taken down due to mangadex rules I guess),

Then eventually I found myself again here when I was looking for.. Tensei Shitara Slime, Gin no Saji, Gekkan Shoujo and Skeleton Soldier... Dungeon, then I realize..
"Hey this site looks pretty neat and slick! It also great to use with your phone",
and so I end up kinda settling here.

Dex-chan lover
Been hanging out on Batoto since its early days until it was shut down. I was so distraught when it happened since checking out updates to my favorite manga series has become part of my daily routine. I'm glad that Mangadex came in to fill that void.

Group Leader
I haven't read manga online so far.
I started after watching Akatsuki no yona on Netflix and I wanted to know how it continues.

So I searched for a few manga sites and ended at mangakalot at first. I had trouble with their image servers and at some point reading got a pain. So I continued my search and I am so happy that I found mangadex. Just love this page. :)

Thanks guys !

Dex-chan lover
manganelo.com

Then I stopped once I learned what aggregator sites were.

Except for one manga called Tenkuu Shinpan cause whatever site they aggregate from is ten chaps ahead of MangaDex. The translators didn't put what website they're put their translations on so I can't track the original.

Also, why is it when you google for a manga translation you always get aggregator sites on the top?

Other: local manga website (indonesian). And then i feel weird with the translation (JP -> EN -> ID). So i decided to read English translation manga and found Mangadex and using this web until now

Started with One Manga during its early days (man, that was so long ago) until its demise.
Then I went to Mangafox prior to it turning bad.
Floated to some of the more sketchy aggregates and then I said fuck it and I went to follow scanlations directly after that (structure wasn't as refined then so those were the strange days when Akatsuki no Yona was uploaded to wordpress and Ajin was first released in imgur)
I checked Mangadex I think after the bato.to closure (never really went to that one) and here I am along with reading directly on non-affiliated scanlation sites.

I've been using MangaRock and I am still using it because it has the best Android app with many good features like searching sorting and the most important one is notification for updates. I hope there is a plan for a mobile app for MangaDex in the future. Btw I am a mobile developer (Android/iOS) and I'll be happy to contribute or help in anyway.

kiss wasn't dodgy until the loss of batoto. So other i guess? And Manga Blaze W10 store app on my tablet. Would love an app that works with mangadex

Users who are viewing this thread