Where were you reading manga before you discovered MangaDex?

Double-page supporter
hmm.... onemanga, mangahere, mangastream, batoto, then here i think :/

Contributor
mangahere, back when the more popular manga had tsukkomis plastered on every page.
After that, mangakakalot/manganelo.
Eventually, reddit kept pointing me here to mangadex.

Wherever I found the manga I was searching for. Unless it felt really, REALLY dodgy.

Group Leader
I just watched anime LMAO. I thought manga was too complicated. Then I got into reading Manhwa from Webtoon. THEN I found Release That Witch. Then I found MangaDex. Otherwise I just read it at the local library.

Double-page supporter
MangaFox, Mangahere, Kissmanga, then Mangadex, in that order, I think. Like others have mentioned, I actually enjoyed the tsukkomi features of Mangahere, because it felt like you were getting excited with everyone else. Then they got overrun with ads and I preferred long format, so I switched to Kissmanga. Lo and behold, I started getting malware and drive by download attacks from their advertisers, so I knew I had to switch again. I heard about batato just as it was shutting down, so I waited to see if there were any successors because I loved the concept. And so, I actually got to see Mangadex come into being! Didn't create an account until a few months later, though.

Mangafox, then I migrated to Mangahere, then to some crappy app after Mangahere changed its layout.

Started with some dodgy aggregator then quickly went to the Mango app way back when it was still active (And by far the best app IMO).
When the support for that died I went without manga for a while untill I found Batoto, then jumped ship when Mangadex got traction. I just liked this reader better.

Kiss

actually, before I even knew the term "manhwa", I was alr reading ecchi manhwas in Hiperdex. Then Tokyo Ghoul forced me to read the manga so that's why.

Group Leader
I used to read on Manganelo (aggregator site), but moved over to MangaDex because it had no ads and was over all better.

Used to download chapters for reading offline from MangaReader cuz their reader sucked (brazilian site, don't know when but now they changed domain and name and good part of they library is gone, probably copyright strike for scans of official releases) and read online at MangaHost (brazilian site, changed domain too and now blocks adblocker)
Since I was getting frustrated of waiting for translations in my language, I ended up in Mangafox (My english was mediocre by the time, so I basically had to learn while reading)
After some time without reading I decided to look for another site, since Mangafox ads where annoying, and found MangaDex

i didnt want a virus from kissmanga, so i looked for alternatives, and thus found mangadex

Aggregator gang
I'm a manga rock refugee, it was nice though I wish I found mangadex faster, there were mangas that were discontinued there that had been finished ages ago here and the rock system was crap.
I was also on mangakalot and manganelo

Users who are viewing this thread