Where were you reading manga before you discovered MangaDex?

I used mangarock, then moved to manganelo and here I am.
I remember when manganelo went down and I was lucky enough to have downloaded an offline copy of my bookmarks page.

i've only discovered mangadex just recently when i also recently got into manga, otherwise when i rarely read a chapter of a famous anime, i used either kissmanga or mangarock

Ih

I used manganelo for the first month of reading manga (i used to watch anime alot but the release dates were killing me) then i found mangadex i only use this because no ads

Fed-Kun's army
This gross site called mangakakalot and then this other site called MangaRock and then this other site called MangaHere and then this other site that was adless but got these crippling CRIPPLING ads a month after I started using it which made it practically unusable and then this site

Other, i used my local library and borrowed manga which took from a day to a couple months for it to be able to read so i found mangadex and here i am now.

I used to use manganelo , my friend was the one who used any site they could find . But their ads started being super unbearable, and I was so glad to be able to find mangadex . And then there’s places like webtoon , tapas or lezhin .

Dex-chan lover
Some shady guy selling cheap translated adult mangas, probably pirated, back in my elementary school. We as kids got to read them for free though. No, it didn't ruin my childhood.

Online, I used to read BLs on mangago, cause it was like a heaven before, until they decide to put their reader on single-use links. Other mangas I read them on mangarock, except for Golden Kamuy. That's how I knew Mangadex.

EverydayHeroes seemed to really like this site so I gave it a try, and here I am now regularly coming after years of lurking without an account.

Mangareader and Mangapanda way back 2010ish? Hahaha, then moved on to Mangakakalot and Manganelo. Then I finally read a notice saying to read in Mangadex.

Though I still use Manganelo, mainly to read works that aint here. I also use that to discover translator sites mentioned in their works since it’s hard to google without any clue on the name.

Fed-Kun's army
Does mIRC count? Because that is where i got mine from Mangaproject and the furry triangle
With the emergence of online reading, i frequently used the old bato.to, mangahere, kissmanga, manganelo, readm, lhscans. Some translators also has their own site

I used to read on proxer.net but then the server went down for almost a week and that's why I am now here (‾◡◝)

I used to read a lot of manga on aggregator sites like mangahasu.se and mangakakalot. Then i started reading from a few scanlator sites like merakiscans but those began taking forever to update so i bit the bullet and joined mangadex.

If i could search for manga without having to join MD then i probably wouldn't have joined the site to be honest.

Group Leader
I started off with MangaRock (best site till date.
Yes its better than Mangadex. Sorry~
) Then they shut it down for repairs. So I headed off to Webtoon. Then I accidentally found Mangago. Story:
So, like, I was reading Bastard on my PC, and found the chapters had ended (It was a Daily Pass Original but I did not know that). So I commented that I wanted to read the other chapters and this one guy, bless his soul, informed me about Mangago.
Then Mangago got banned in my region, and hence I lost My ENTIRE reading history (I had read more 100+ manga by then). So I went crazy and googled up "sites ike Mangago" and was led here.

Used Mangahub for the last couple of years, and before that mangapanda and mangakakalot whenever Mangadex switched to requiring an account to do literally anything on their site. 👀

And I still use mangahub because quite a few series still update there that are locked behind paywalls here, or this place is waaaaaaay behind on chapters.

Ngl, I just used whatever website I found. So, lets say one I use rn. Mangatx *Real name btw*. I don´t remember when I first found it but it had to be last year. I guess I just looked up manga cause I wanted to read some and this popped up. When I saw it wasn't exclusively manga was kinda disappointed. But when I looked at all the other sites *who looked the exact same btw pretty sure they copy and past the style with different looks*, it was the same, mix of Manga(Barely any tho), with a focus on Manhua, and Manhwas. But I´v grown fond it since I was first exposed to reading online through it really. I got to read solo leveling and other good shit on there. Which is why I still use it to this day. But since I wanted a wider range, I explored new sites and found some new series I couldn´t find on Mangatx. Eventually leading to here. And the fact that I didn´t need a fucking facebook account to comment was already a +1 in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread