Whisper Me a Love Song - Ch. 41 - My Feelings and The Final Challenge.

Dex-chan lover
Shiho might not be relatable for most, but this is what a broken heart and a dead friend you admired does to you. She has a lot of complicated feelings inside her and if you do, you don't usually have much time to process and think about others peoples feelings or standings. Shiho also doesn't really live her life for herself and keeps being obsessed with the idea to live on for her past friend. She is in a dark place mentally for years, i hope Akki can save her. I would be interested to see the Shiho haters in her shoes, they would do way worse.
Let's say Shiho does have a lot of complicated feelings... my problem is it isn't explained well enough to the readers. The way she was introduced made her look like a douche bag, It would've been better if the author showed Shiho's old self more or just the past a bit more. At least from there we could understand Shiho's stand point a little better, a couple glimpse of it won't be good enough for full blown drama like this.

It's like reading a couple that broke up without enough build up prior break-up.

Why should I care about a barely explained couple? Why should I be rooting for them? Even now I don't care abt Shiho. Why should I care about her? She is an interesting character, but that won't make me care about her. Same goes for Aki.

I don't think this manga became "bad" if you were to call this bad then o boy.... :haa:

Fed-Kun's army
It feels a little like mizuguchi is only going after shiho after she found out shiho had feelings there was never really any build up that suggested she had feeling till she heard about out it so in a way shiho is like the second choice

Banned
Let's say Shiho does have a lot of complicated feelings... my problem is it isn't explained well enough to the readers. The way she was introduced made her look like a douche bag, It would've been better if the author showed Shiho's old self more or just the past a bit more. At least from there we could understand Shiho's stand point a little better, a couple glimpse of it won't be good enough for full blown drama like this.

It's like reading a couple that broke up without enough build up prior break-up.

Why should I care about a barely explained couple? Why should I be rooting for them? Even now I don't care abt Shiho. Why should I care about her? She is an interesting character, but that won't make me care about her. Same goes for Aki.

I don't think this manga became "bad" if you were to call this bad then o boy.... :haa:
I was thinking the same thing before i reread the whole manga again. There is some nuance that is easily overlooked if you only keep up with chapters each month.

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking the same thing before i reread the whole manga again. There is some nuance that is easily overlooked if you only keep up with chapters each month.
Really? I've also re read Shiho's arc a couple of times. And I still don't feel much for her. Unless ur talking abt arc's previous....

Shiho's a fun character BUT as readers we don't learn much abt her hence why a lot of people aren't liking/hate this arc. I kinda get why she feels what she feels. She got inderectly rejected by her crush. So she pushed herself away from every1 She put on a wall(?) between her and people so she won't make the same "mistake" twice and even said things she might regret in the future. She said she's moved on but ofc she hasn't. It rlly isn't anything complicated, by then end of this arc she'll probably be either vry docile or smug.

I understand what she feels, but I wanna see more than just words... that love of hers for Aki I wish we could see the development more. It's pretty much like when that random side character dies and the MC is super sad but as readers we don't really feel that much.

But I'd love change my feelings on her....

Dex-chan lover
OK, don't want to be quite as extreme as some, but still . . . of course Shiho would disappear. She built up this whole stupid thing, did lots of mouthing off, so of course now that she's done her emotional thing that underlay why she was jerking people around, she is now blowing off the whole thing and everyone she jerked around to get us to this point, presumably because licking her wounds is more important.

Which, OK, she's got her pain thing. But as far as I can tell, even before her original crush died, we have never seen her be nice to anybody, never seen her take anyone else's needs into account, and never seen her do or pursue anything for any motive you could call pure. Mostly it's always been about being the best, not even just for the sake of being good, but to beat everyone. So, fine, I don't want anything too horrible to happen to her, but she is basically an unpleasant person with no empathy and not much ethics. She'd need to go through some major changes to not be a waste of space. Maybe the love of a good woman could redeem her, but that's kind of tough on the good woman.

Banned
Really? I've also re read Shiho's arc a couple of times. And I still don't feel much for her. Unless ur talking abt arc's previous....

Shiho's a fun character BUT as readers we don't learn much abt her hence why a lot of people aren't liking/hate this arc. I kinda get why she feels what she feels. She got inderectly rejected by her crush. So she pushed herself away from every1 She put on a wall(?) between her and people so she won't make the same "mistake" twice and even said things she might regret in the future. She said she's moved on but ofc she hasn't. It rlly isn't anything complicated, by then end of this arc she'll probably be either vry docile or smug.

I understand what she feels, but I wanna see more than just words... that love of hers for Aki I wish we could see the development more. It's pretty much like when that random side character dies and the MC is super sad but as readers we don't really feel that much.

I found for what kind of position she's in (even if you could argue it's her own fault) to still be a high schooler i hope the best for. As i said, the stuff she went through would turn plenty people into a mess, especially a now JK. People mainly complaining about the drama though and how they dislike it. They would cry over any drama of this kind. It's not that i can't understand the feeling, but this just isnt Anemone wa Netsu wo Obiru, which if i may say, is the best running yuri manga right now. It's even in my top 10 easily. And i've read atleast over 1500 yuri works these past 10 years.

So to anyone that wants more fluff and less "forced" drama, go read that one, it's what i would call "modern yuri": No angst, no petty drama, accepting each other without questioning their sexuality and no annoying "misunderstandings" that can be solved with a simple conversation. Modern yuri is basically "no bullshit just yuri". And while some criteria fit this manga, Sasayaku is still not that, and this is fine, too.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Shiho after the live apparently
Hatsune_Miku_no_Shoushitsu.jpg

Double-page supporter
This series should be called “Singing you a Love Song at a School Festival” instead with how everything is going

Dex-chan lover
all i can say is im looking forward to next ch

as this ch was just the build up for whatever's about to happen next ch

but hopefully things goes well for Shiho in the end though i have a feeling whats about to happen

Dex-chan lover

It's not so much about the crush as it is about the grave. She's not acting this way just because of a crush.

Dex-chan lover
Toxicity complaining about toxicity. After all these months you'd think people would either mellow out or stop reading. It's a bit ironic considering the character traits they're complaining about.
Seriously, it's been 19 chapters, 4 entire volumes, or two years since Shiho's arc began. I don't understand how people still act exasperated and offended that Shiho is still here. It's hard for me to not see it as masochistic at this point

Dex-chan lover
OK, don't want to be quite as extreme as some, but still . . . of course Shiho would disappear. She built up this whole stupid thing, did lots of mouthing off, so of course now that she's done her emotional thing that underlay why she was jerking people around, she is now blowing off the whole thing and everyone she jerked around to get us to this point, presumably because licking her wounds is more important.

Which, OK, she's got her pain thing. But as far as I can tell, even before her original crush died, we have never seen her be nice to anybody, never seen her take anyone else's needs into account, and never seen her do or pursue anything for any motive you could call pure. Mostly it's always been about being the best, not even just for the sake of being good, but to beat everyone. So, fine, I don't want anything too horrible to happen to her, but she is basically an unpleasant person with no empathy and not much ethics. She'd need to go through some major changes to not be a waste of space. Maybe the love of a good woman could redeem her, but that's kind of tough on the good woman.

That one comment you liked in this thread already called her "the bitch," a "little shitstain," and a "fucking bitch". It got the point across just fine, so there was no need to list all of her Crimes again.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We get it, Shiho is a bitch. That one comment you liked in this thread already called her "the bitch," a "little shitstain," and a "fucking bitch". It got your point across just fine, so there was no need to list all of her Crimes again.
Someone really said all of that?

Double-page supporter
Seriously, it's been 19 chapters, 4 entire volumes, or two years since Shiho's arc began. I don't understand how people still act exasperated and offended that Shiho is still here. It's hard for me to not see it as masochistic at this point
I'd say it's been even longer than that. Shiho started to become a recurring and prominent character at the beginning of Volume 4 (Chapter 17 to be more precise), when she and Aki met again because of the audition. I consider this current Arc to begin right there.

b58

Double-page supporter
I on the other hand don't really like deflections of the kind "if you don't like it, why don't you stop reading"? I consider this to be more rude than any insults you may throw at a character that doesn't actually exist. Plenty of reasons someone might still want to read this, the simplest one being just to see how it ends.

But more importantly, this manga just used to be better in its earlier chapters, and lots of readers would prefer a return to that, and maybe they still hope it will turn out that way once the Shiho thing is over. Personally I'm still in that camp, and we did occasionally get some breadcrumbs from the main couple to keep me from completely dropping this.

And even if you disagree that it was better, you gotta at least admit it was a lot different than what's being presented right now, and it's not what sold a lot of people on this series to begin with. I strongly disagree than anything Shiho does is understandable, or even that she is a well written flawed character. She's really unlikeable, and it kinda sucks that the entire second half of the manga so far is dedicated to her. I could list all her flaws and whatnot but as someone already noticed, not much point to it, everyone can see it.

Users who are viewing this thread