Whisper Me a Love Song - Ch. 50 - A Confession, Confusion, and Sadness.

Dex-chan lover
I always embrace more yuri wincest, even if it doesn't turn into it. A manga about different loves after all, everyone trying to figure out theirs. Looking forward for the development once again!

Dex-chan lover
Am I crazy for not seeing this as incest? She clearly states "No. Even if that were the case...". To me that reads as she's not romantically in love with her
Yeah . When I read it .. her feeling is just rational to have

She was baffled about aki's news. it doesn't mean its romantic. It's normal to feel left out or feeling like that when someone you care suddenly have their own person to care.

There's no better way to describe her situation now but "a puppy who lost a owner and is clearly looking for new one."

Until she said she wants to kiss Aki and have muah muah in bed with aki. She isn't romantically in love but just a sister longing for her sister.

I dont know how to feel bout this… Like we just got a random arc for her out of the blue? And suddenly she loves her sister?! Like… I love this series but this is a little… I dont fw that.
It wasn't really sudden. She's been crazy about her sister from the very beginning. Hell, she basically acted the same way towards her sister that Himari did towards Yori (see the school festival when Miki saw Aki in cosplay for instance). People just assumed it meant nothing when it was being spelt out pretty obviously.

Ok, while i know that my one opinion isn't going to settle a whole debate, here's my take on this

Miki unknowingly, and seemingly unwillingly, grew romantic or semi-romantic feelings for Aki due to the comfort she gave her at the time of her breakup and vulnerability. After mot realizing these feelings when they sprouted and grew, when she finds out that Aki and Shiho are now dating, but after spiraling and sorting through her feelings she realizes that she might've fallen in love with her sister and is reasonably distraught over this causing another layer of denial and overall frustrated feelings that she is experiencing at the moment. It also seems that she is dealing with the fact that she is now assuming herself a bad person because of these unwanted feelings and the way she is acting because of the realization of these feelings, which again ties into the current hard, and possibly vulnerable, state of mind that she is in right now.

I want to end this... tangent(?) off by stating that admittedly i do and have read some incest manga or other literature before and i don't entirely have a problem with it as long as it doesn't affect me, if that makes any sense? But while reading this chapter i just didn't get the vibe that this is going to end up being incest, just that it is diving into Miki's emotional vulnerability, so for those angry about this seemingly incestuous subplot, i may be wrong but i don't expect it to last for all that long.
"Kind of reminds me of the internal conflict from "My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover" but without the Kiku character equivalent to help sort things out so far." - stated by DJNebulous 24/6/24 2:51 pm
i agree with this, i get the same sort of vibe from this as i did in that, but i don't think it's quite the same. but yeah, the angry, vulnerable sort of internal though sequence gave me this sort of vibe.

Dex-chan lover
Mehhhh whether or not it is true incest or something similar to "My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover," I'm overall pretty bored with this direction because it's annoying how the center of the conflict is Aki once again. Love Aki, but I'm ready to move on from her. I also feel this direction is doing Miki a total disservice to her character. First time we ever get some deeper look into her character and it's bogged down to being a siscon.

I certainly wouldn't consider myself to be a fan of incest, far from it. Still, I want to trust Takeshima to cook on this arc -- people were understandably upset by the tediousness of the Shiho arc, but she's now become a very well-liked character of the community. I think this may just be in character of Takeshima's writing... just trust that there'll be a huge pay off.

Plot aside, the art is incredible as always.

Double-page supporter
We can cope all we want but this is incest. I'd doubt you guys would think twice about her romantic feelings if the other person is not her sister.
Incest doesn't have to do anything with romantic feelings towards a family member, unless you define romance only as "attracted to the other person physically", but that's not how romance is presented in literature since the ancient Greeks.

I want to end this... tangent(?) off by stating that admittedly i do and have read some incest manga or other literature before and i don't entirely have a problem with it as long as it doesn't affect me, if that makes any sense?
What a person reads doesn't define what they want to do in real life. If it would, then we'd all have a problem for playing games like Doom, CoD, or BF.

it's annoying how the center of the conflict is Aki once again.
Is she the centre of the arc? For me it looks like she's the catalyst, not the focus. Miki is the protagonist here.

Double-page supporter
Ok what even is this like how did we even get here like what was the point of the author dragging in another drama from a character who we only knew from the first volume. Like I could see a small story line with the band members but the sister come on. I also would have that we would just continue with shiho and Aki story. I’m not of fan of mangas going all over the place.

Well, this is the first direction I am hesitant about. I don't see the upside in making Miki have romantic feelings for her sister, but we'll see? Couldn't she have had conflicting feelings for literally anyone else? Hopefully, it's at least handled well.

Still, I am not sure why mangaka go in this direction so often. Is it just that it's become a trope we insert at will out of habit? I know it's often represented as a "cute," confused phase that she'll likely move on from (and obviously Aki will never take this seriously) but still, it feels overrepresented in manga.
Off topic but, where's your pfp from?

Users who are viewing this thread