Whisper Me a Love Song - Ch. 51 - Bewilderment, Lies, and Hesitation.

Fed-Kun's army
putting the incest part aside for a bit, "someone I really like but not necessarily romantically confessed to me and I don't know how to handle it because I need to process and get over my unrequited feelings first"...damn, the mizuguchis sure have it rough in this manga.

for some reason this really makes me want to see miki talk to shiho, because ironically enough despite the fact that she's dating aki now shiho might understand and relate to miki the most when it comes to being aki's "unrequited love victim". they can bond over aki breaking their hearts lol

Supporter
She was the center of the entire Shiho backstory with their band. The rival who died. Everyone in their band is there because of her. One is her sister, the other her GF, and Shiho, her "rival." Unless I'm mixing up who the GF was (it's early in the morning for me), it should be our senpai here. We had flashbacks with her, etc.
Found it! She's basically come up twice: The first flashback was in chapter 25, which established this girl Kyou was Shiho's childhood friend/rival, and the second flashback was in chapter 34, when it was revealed Kyou had died, Hajime was her sister, Mamoka had been her girlfriend, and they all formed the band. They haven't really brought her up since then, no wonder I forgot Mamoka had a dead gf.

Dex-chan lover
Found it! She's basically come up twice: The first flashback was in chapter 25, which established this girl Kyou was Shiho's childhood friend/rival, and the second flashback was in chapter 34, when it was revealed Kyou had died, Hajime was her sister, Mamoka had been her girlfriend, and they all formed the band. They haven't really brought her up since then, no wonder I forgot Mamoka had a dead gf.
Shiho also recently "saw" Kyou, while watching Aki's (love song) performance.

Dex-chan lover
Idk, being in love with a dead girl is probably a bit less hopeless than being in love with your sister. In real life, anyway. This being a yuri manga, her chances of success would be much higher, provided they hadn't spent the last 6 volumes setting her sister up with someone else.

Contributor
I had checked it out previously so I'll copy/paste a comment I made on Dynasty forums about it:

"It's at 6:50 of episode 3 if anyone wants to check. Himari uses the term "koibito", which to my knowledge is gender neutral and often translated as "lover". Miki talking about it also sounds gender neutral...but somebody who actually understands Japanese should verify my amateur understanding."

Nobody Japanese fluent ever responded in that thread to help clear up the confusion.
It's been years since I stopped using Dynasty so I'm unaware of their posts. In the anime she's using "aitsu" (koibito is completely neutral, so the translation is dependent of this term), that term is normally used for male partners, which is the counterpart of "yatsu", that's why it's translated as boyfriend. The thing is, nowadays "aitsu" is not only used to refer men, just someone you know well and in informal situations (or just in a derogatory sense), and nowhere in the manga or the anime that ex-partner is given a name, sex or even referred again. Considering yuri is completely normal in this series, a female partner is completely plausible, both language-wise and story-wise. If it wasn't specified is because this was not deemed important, and considering men are almost non-existent in most yuri series you can assume it was a girl, so unless the author decides to determine who was this ex-partner it should be assumed it was a she.
Now, regarding this moment people seem to be confused, Momoka telling Miki "to hold onto those feelings even if they're never rewarded" means that holding her dear nonetheless is what true love is for her, since she still loves Hajime's sister after all this time (for the last bubble I would have translated it as "is that not an option?"). I don't expect Aki to break up with Shiho or try to date both at all, my guess is that Miki will end up confessing but will resolve to move on, dating Aya or not is up to the author.

Double-page supporter
Logically speaking, incest is taboo because of the risk of inbreeding and genetic defects. They both girl, they can't make children when copulate, so there are no risk. It's just a shackles of current societal moral norm. Like how they see same sex relationship ages ago. 🙂
While I agree with you, there are 8 billion people in the world so I don't think you need to go out with your own sister

Logically speaking, incest is taboo because of the risk of inbreeding and genetic defects. They both girl, they can't make children when copulate, so there are no risk. It's just a shackles of current societal moral norm. Like how they see same sex relationship ages ago. 🙂

Fed-Kun's army
How did we get from a cute band anime gl to „what the fuck is even happening“ + incest, like ??? The previous arc cooked really good, they‘re so cute but this isnt about the main characters at all anymore and I feel like this “forbidden love“ trope is just here for more drama so the series stretches out for a longer time. It‘s really just a drag 😐

This is one of my favourite yuri manga but this current arc is— 💀💀 well, I don't even know what to think lol. I agree with everyone who says this feels out of place for a yuri like this. 😅
We'll see what happens. I hope this arc ends soon because it really rubs me the wrong way.

Dex-chan lover
This is actually wild

Aggregator gang
I got to asked before the story focuses on someone else. Why did the main couple become basically side characters

Double-page supporter
How is she supposed to know her girlfriend died 😐.. ?
She isn't exactly running around telling people that
i'm just saying that it seems like the senpai is empathizing w/ her because of the fact that they both love someone they can't date

Users who are viewing this thread