Whisper Me a Love Song - Ch. 51 - Bewilderment, Lies, and Hesitation.

Supporter
Ok if the incest arc serves as a seque into a "moving on from her dead gf" arc then the decision to go with incest at all will feel less head-scratching.

Aggregator gang
wait, i don’t understand what’s going on here. Is Miki loves her sister in a romantic way or she meant someone else? 🤔

- I hope sasakoi won’t be incest. I can accept yuri, but not incest (gomen 🥹)

Logically speaking, incest is taboo because of the risk of inbreeding and genetic defects. They both girl, they can't make children when copulate, so there are no risk. It's just a shackles of current societal moral norm. Like how they see same sex relationship ages ago. 🙂

Dex-chan lover
wait, i don’t understand what’s going on here. Is Miki loves her sister in a romantic way or she meant someone else? 🤔

- I hope sasakoi won’t be incest. I can accept yuri, but not incest (gomen 🥹)
oh no no, she was talking about her other sister who is actually adopted but doesn't live with her and we've never seen before... :thumbsup:
Sorry I had to joke about it, like no matter if people are okay with it or not, trying to run away from the truth at this point requires a very stubborn brain.

Dex-chan lover
oh no no, she was talking about her other sister who is actually adopted but doesn't live with her and we've never seen before... :thumbsup:
Sorry I had to joke about it, like no matter if people are okay with it or not, trying to run away from the truth at this point requires a very stubborn brain.
Where is your PFP from?

Dex-chan lover
Feels like the only reason the incest arc is happening is this is one of those yuris where everyone is a lesbian and them being straight is never a risk or an obstacle when a character likes someone, so the only way the author can portray impossible love is if the other person is dead or a family member.

Supporter
Feels like the only reason the incest arc is happening is this is one of those yuris where everyone is a lesbian and them being straight is never a risk or an obstacle when a character likes someone, so the only way the author can portray impossible love is if the other person is dead or a family member.
Yeah since the topic of sexual orientation hasn't been touched on at all, it makes me think Miki talking about having a "boyfriend" back in Chapter 6 was a bit of a mistranslation: https://mangadex.org/chapter/807cf0e6-45de-4adc-b94e-521217d4bdc5/19
I'm guessing Miki was using a gender-neutral term for "lover".

It would be odd if Miki previously had a boyfriend and neither Himari or Aki thought they should inform Aya about it when she was consulting them about confessing to Miki: "Not saying you shouldn't confess, but just giving you a heads up that based on Miki's dating history she might not be into girls".

Dex-chan lover
Yeah since the topic of sexual orientation hasn't been touched on at all, it makes me think Miki talking about having a "boyfriend" back in Chapter 6 was a bit of a mistranslation: https://mangadex.org/chapter/807cf0e6-45de-4adc-b94e-521217d4bdc5/19
I'm guessing Miki was using a gender-neutral term for "lover".

It would be odd if Miki previously had a boyfriend and neither Himari or Aki thought they should inform Aya about it when she was consulting them about confessing to Miki: "Not saying you shouldn't confess, but just giving you a heads up that based on Miki's dating history she might not be into girls".
I don't remember what the anime said. It didn't specify?

Supporter
I don't remember what the anime said. It didn't specify?
I had checked it out previously so I'll copy/paste a comment I made on Dynasty forums about it:

"It's at 6:50 of episode 3 if anyone wants to check. Himari uses the term "koibito", which to my knowledge is gender neutral and often translated as "lover". Miki talking about it also sounds gender neutral...but somebody who actually understands Japanese should verify my amateur understanding."

Nobody Japanese fluent ever responded in that thread to help clear up the confusion.

Dex-chan lover
It's either.... she can't have haji.... or she's talking about kyou

Users who are viewing this thread