Whisper Me a Love Song - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - The Past, Determination, and a Curse.

Author: "Ugh! Is there anything I can do to make the readers sympathize with Shiho? I shouldn't have made her come off so bitchy this entire time."
Editor: "You should have dialed it back. She's almost cartoonishly evil at times."
Author: "So I've written myself into a corner? I know I've written her as a 'villian', but I wanted her to be more nuanced."
Editor: "Nuanced?! She's by far the most unlikable character in the story! Only way to elevate her from least likeable would be to kill off a more likeable character!"
Author: "You're a genius! I'll get to work on that right away! I'm hanging up now, bye!"
Editor: "I was joking! Who are you gonna kill off?! Don't bring tragedy into this cute yuri manga!"
Editor: "Shit...he turned off his phone. Is this manga going to be ok?"

Dex-chan lover
So in the end what was the reason she quit the band? Frustration that she is not performing like she has the pick of destiny? If that is so then why so much beef over a band of friends trying to have fun replacing her for leaving cause she felt like dropping balls like that

Dex-chan lover
They have to kill the little sunshine girl T^T

I know hima doesn't know this kyou chan but it's feels like kyou is living in her.. they have a slight similarities. Maybe thats why those three started liking her

Man who's chopping onion at this hour?

Dex-chan lover
So in the end what was the reason she quit the band? Frustration that she is not performing like she has the pick of destiny? If that is so then why so much beef over a band of friends trying to have fun replacing her for leaving cause she felt like dropping balls like that
I guess, It's because she's to strict while the band is too jolly.. and she's too focus on her goal that she barely enjoy their time...also let's add her jealousy

I also can't like her at this point even with the reason why they formed a band. Author should've put this part of the story a bit more earlier, but it is what it is.

It's honestly kinda more obnoxious with this framing.
"Oh yeah I isolated myself from someone I cared about in the past, too, and that lead to me losing the chance to ever connect to her again. Yeah I'm doing the same thing again. I've actively talked to others about it but I still won't change."
Like how does this make it seem better? Sure, it's tragic seeing someone unable to break their habits and lead themself into such a similar situation, but she's way too needlessly antagonistic and that kinda ruins the sympathetic angle, at least for me.

Users who are viewing this thread