Who Made Me a Princess - Vol. 2 Ch. 65

@Momokoe I think it's a case of same face syndrome. Plus to show us they're related. Also he's supposed to be dead. So no one thinks of it. Although you think Athy would, but she's barely seen him I guess.

feels like the author is trying to get the readers to feel bad for jeannette but jeannette is SO fucking annoying i just :)?? like sis maybe you're growing apart from athy bc you're using her absence to get closer to her father????? please just get hit by a car carriage on the way to the castle jesus christ

It seems we have to wait again to see some progress. This story is slow these day, almost nothing happen in this episode🙃

Unpopular opinion (kinda sorta?):

Though the amnesia arc is more drawn out than we anticipated (or wanted) it to be, I think it's important for several reasons. Personally, I love the moment in Chapter 52 where Athanasia truly begins to react to Claude's memory loss by (1) remembering her past life as an orphan and (2) realizing she started seeing Claude as her real parent in the midst of her plans to trick him. It's been clear to the readers for nearly half the story that Athanasia and Claude are important to each other, but this arc gives them each an opportunity to realize it for themselves (in a difficult and painful way, but stories have to be difficult and painful sometimes). This arc also introduces the fear of a "changed storyline": if the original plot is disturbed, will the rest of the story unfold in a different way, or will uncontrollable external forces force the story to return to its original trajectory? Athanasia now has to face these sorts of problems; it isn't as simple as avoiding a predetermined plot.

As for Jennette, it's important to remember she's one of the youngest characters here, both physically and emotionally. She is, in essence, a representation of Athanasia's previous life: she's an orphan, and she's never truly belonged to a family, and she's desperately searching for it. She was taken into the Alpheus family, and she has Ijekiel to take care of her and keep her company, but as Chapter 65 reveals, she's never seen them as an actual family. This is why Athanasia and Claude are so important to her, because she believes both of them will be able to offer her a feeling she has never felt before: a feeling of belonging, of being loved and accepted unconditionally. Is it insensitive of her to feel happy for having Athanasia and Claude to herself while Athanasia is suffering? Is she naive for telling a stranger all her problems? Of course. But as all people are, she's flawed, and her insensitivity and her naivete stem from the fact that she's a young girl who is desperately wishing for a father and sister who, to her mind, don't know she's related to them. She is lonely, barred from indulging in her own personal wishes for familial companionship by a larger political scheme enacted by the adults in her life who should know better than to exploit the unfortunate circumstances of a young girl.

This is so long, but in conclusion, I mean no disrespect to anyone who doesn't like this arc or who doesn't like Jennette, but I've been seeing so many comments in this vein that I wanted to offer something contradictory. Just please don't @ me to yell lol I'm fragile. (Also thank you to the translators who work hard to bring chapters to us :D)

All this hate for Jennette is so damn unnecessary oml.
First of all, why do people keep forgetting that this poor girl is just as much as a victim as Athy is? Like, what are you expecting? Someone who has been trapped in a damn snake's house her entire existence to not be naive? That's asking for the impossible.
Second of all, how are you expecting Jennette not to want to get closer to Claude. She's been manipulated all her life that Claude is her father, and yet she is told she can't be with him. Have you ever even considered how torturous it is to not be with the people you believe to be your real family? As a child too? Haters always hate on the dumbest crap 🤷🏾‍♀️.
I swear, this Obelia family needs to be on the Maury show or something. Mixing up fathers at it's finest...

People should really quit hating on characters just because they are flawed xD I do hope there's some character development for poor Jennette. Also she doesn't realize that atanasia doesn't ask about her because she already knows everything

@reacling
I understand your point and it is completely true but Peale hate Jeannette because of her naiveness she is innocent to boot and she hurts other people because of it I think People hate her because innocent people aren’t suppose to hurt others their supposed to be heroes the one that save the day not someone like Jeannette which unfortunately has many similar examples in the real world
Or at least that’s what I think😅

Fed-Kun's army
god.... anastasius... your hurt face and the clenching,,, like what do you want out of me bro... ill give you my everything...

@Lovelyyygirl77

Thank you for your input (and for being so nice and polite about it :D)! I think it's understandable that people don't like Jennette for hurting Athanasia, but (assuming that by saying, "Jennette is innocent" you mean Jennette has this atmosphere of naivete, harmlessness, or purity about her) I don't entirely subscribe to the belief that a condition of innocence is that you should never hurt anyone. Personally, I don't think it's possible to live life without hurting someone else; we leave marks on other people, both positive and negative, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Being innocent and hurting other people aren't mutually exclusive things: you can have the purest of intentions, but that doesn't guarantee that someone won't get hurt by your actions. Does this make her actions okay? No, it doesn't; but it shouldn't make it okay to condemn her for a very human trait, either. I think this is a lovely part of Jennette's characterization; she's supposed to be the righteous female lead of the original novel, but she, too, has her own flaws and selfish desires (that, again, come from a deeply-rooted desire to have a family of her own). I also think that a large part of why Jennette seems so naive or innocent is because she's young; she really doesn't know any better, especially when she's blinded by her own desperation to belong and have Athanasia and Claude notice her as one of them.

I also agree with @Rumifluss about Jennette and Athanasia both being victims of a larger political scheme. Duke Alpheus and Athanasius (if that's who he really is) don't care about giving Jennette a family or taking it away from Athanasia; these two young girls, who have only longed for unconditional love, are a stepping stone in a malicious plan set forth by adults unfortunately too absorbed in their own interests to consider the immorality of ruining these girls' lives.

Anyways, like I said, I don't mean to disrespect anyone who doesn't like Jennette; you have every right to dislike a certain character as much as I have a right to like them. I just wanted to throw my two cents in there :3

how many chaps until lucas is back and help athy?
This is so depressingg... #nohate

I miss those sweet moments 😭

@Nikkisoto25 characters names in every localised version is different. Even in indonesia webtoon they translate Jeanette as Zenith. The official indonesia webtoon is disrespectful then?

thankyou so much!!! bucci gang is the best!

im a bit annoyed bcs this chapter mainly about janet 🤧 i miss athy, claude and lucas also lily and felix 😭 lucassss when will you return?????!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread