Who Made Me a Princess - Vol. 2 Ch. 78

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who still likes Jeanette haha.

I understand why Ezekiel said what he did. He doesn't want people to get the impression that he has deeper feeling for Jeanette (Athy kept thinking he does because the original novel said so and maybe that didn't sit well with him) or he doesn't wants the burden of always having to take care of her. Essential, he just want to control his life and pursue the relationships that matter to him.(Not having to take care of Jeanette and listen to his father ect)..But the way he phrased that was honestly a bit was too harsh for me. It could have been taken in the wrong way or maybe that is what he really meant, that he doesn't care and only cares out of a sense of duty.

Personally, I never saw Jeanette as having romantic feelings for Ezekiel (in the tea party when all the other girls talked about boys and he came up, she didn't really show signs of blushing or being embarrassed. Just overall, interactions between them never really showed romantic feelings. The only evidence I see is what happened in the original lovely princess novel or when she was being quite clingy to him when they were young ), it just seemed like she thought of him as her 2nd family (believing her real one was with Claude and Athy). I never really got the impression that she thought he liked him or they had a mutual love going on. She just really saw him like a brother. So this response from Ezekiel ,for me, was not so much that he likes Athy over her but rather that he didn't care for Jeanette at all as a person.

In addition, this might be the first real rejection she had from someone she cared for (well yes there was that time with Claude but she used the excuse that he doesn't know she is his daughter, even though she is not). We see that Jeannette has a great desire to be loved and fantasize about her "real" family, that they will be the solution to her loneliness. Whenever she doubts that maybe Athy and Claude don't care about her, she tries to brush it off because if she is faced with reality that maybe no one loves her and she is truly alone I, then that's when she will break.

Honestly, despite how the response was once, I'm kinda curious to see how Jeannette will react considering this is probably the first of many harsh truths that she'll have to go through.
(Sorry for the rambling!)

Fed-Kun's army
I am sweating for Jeanette rn. Hopefully she won’t get used again by her POS dad. Also dang, Ijekiel is more ruthless than usual probably due to that last encounter with Lucas huh

Wow this chapter made me h as te both the mls. They both showed a side to mls that other stories may shy away from. They both are such huge jerks. In the case of ijekiel I can even understand since he probably is feeling frustrated for not having anyone understand his feelings but for Lucas I need some context. But I guess what Lucas did was a good thing in the end since it seemed like that's what made Aeternitas as the greatest emperor. (You know being called weak and wanting to prove everyone wrong)

Jaennette, an innocent and sweet girl that everyone steps on like a carpet. Poor girl, she just wants a family.

Dex-chan lover
Comment section suddenly doing a 180 on jeannette, lol.

Plot keeps telling Jeannette to join the dark side, but she just keeps smiling back.

Aggregator gang
Poor Jeannette... my god that shit hurts.. why did ijekial say it like that... just say that you love athy romantically but also love jeannette as a little sister.. you didn't have to just trample on someone who lived with you all her life and always loved and respected you.
And also as scummy as what lucas did it still made that little guy become into a great emperor.

Aww I like Jeanette. She’s such a sweetheart that just wants a family. I feel so sorry for her. Wish her dad did something. 😩

Oofies. You need more tact Ezekiel!
I mean you clearly still care about her in a familial way, so how about just. a. little. delicacy. in your wording?

Well... Guys. I think Lucas don't socialize much as normal people do. That's why he sometimes had some bad attitude. But i sure he was the most charming and kind guy, for Athy i mean. Lol

Cut Ezekiel some slack. He’s been taking care of her since they were kids. And now that he just wanted to be frank and pursue what he wanted, he gets berated? His attitude in this chapter makes him more fleshed out and human.

@Mai_loves_icecream

well its actually quite simple
dunno if it counts as a spoiler but
Nobody would complain if Claude had rejected the kid, because he is the Emperor right?, I mean he went and killed several dozens of people in a fit of rage and only left Athy alive covered in blood because he found it amusing. I dont see anybody hating on him even though he exhibits psychopathic behaviour all the time. He did it because he can do it without anybody questioning his authority. Well the same applies to Lucas. He is VERY old and was revered as a god at the time. That means his status is much higher than an emperor, for erasing Obelia would just be matter of a snap. Now a kid with no talent shows up and wants the strongest Wizard in history to teach him, if anything Lucas reacted quite kindly. e.g Milim from Rimuru Slime is 2000 years old and would just erase a whole country if they pissed her off even slightly

Look, getting rejected isn't easy. (On either side. Especially if they're both defect people.)

No matter how nicely someone says it you're still rejected. I'm not sure why anyone thinks being "nice" will help. You're not their special someone and being nice won't make the hurt go away or feel better.

Anyone who's been rejected and cared about the person would know that niceness doesn't help and in certain cases it actually hurts even worse.

Also, being nice in certain stories, makes the other person think they still have a chance and then they go full yandere thinking that if the other person wasn't there they'd have a chance. Thankfully, Jeanette isn't like that... Right?

Edit: I still think he did it pretty well though. He explained that his feelings between them were different. He didn't say you're beneath me or ugly or say he hated her. I think he handled it as well as any rejection can be handled.

Fed-Kun's army
I actually want to see how Jeanette will react, will she once again pretend everything is fine? We have seen that she has always avoided confrontation due to her fear of being rejected (since she has a strong family-complex). Ezekiel was harsh and he could have worded it better (and I get the feeling he was fed up of always having to care for her hmm) but Jeannette might need to face the hard truths.

Would be really funny if Aeternitas only became the greatest emperor because of getting rejected by Lukas, the "Imma prove you wrong you asshole" mentality.

wow i felt blindsided by the last few pages!?
did i miss something? did jeanette hint that she had feeling for izekiel before? im confused as to why izekiel apoligized like for what?

reading the comments i guess he apoligized for caring more about athy than jeanette even tho hes known jeanette like a sister? i hope to god jeanette doesnt have romantic feelings for izekiel. both mls are kinda trash rn and uninteresting :/

Double-page supporter
@Xantheosse Now, see, I don't get this. Ezekiel and Jeanette are siblings-adoptive siblings, maybe, but siblings. And big brothers are stuck with their little sisters. He can pursue what he wants, but that 100% does not mean he needs to put down his little sister. I have a big brother myself, and pestered him for attention plenty when I was little, but we get along fine and hang out even as adults. Imagine your sibling gets a crush, and then suddenly feels the need to tell you that they are more important to them than you. Now imagine that crush is your best friend and you have abandonment issues. I would be hurt, and also more than a little confused, because that is not something any normal person would usually do. He seems to think being close with either of them is mutually exclusive, which it's not.

tldr, having a crush doesn't mean you have to put down your family.

@Darkmint13 She didn't even confess to him or anything, or display any attraction to him at all. He just decided to reject her without prompting. We know that Ezekiel wasn't attracted to her in the original novel, so there's no reason to believe she was interested in him, either.

Lucas just popped out a 707 with that "LOLOLOL". I wish Anastacius does something, Jeanette is getting lonelier, now Ezekiel rejected her too... and Athy is as cute as ever, I don't want her to grow up 🤧

It's hilarious seeing people call Ezekiel a jerk for what he did and saying how they look at him disfavorably now, and in the same sentence gloss over Lucas, as an adult, putting down a literal child and calling him worthless trash to his face.

"Oh but he's changed now!! Look how nice he is to Athy! Also hot wizard lololol"

I've seen this trope in many villainess manhwa, where the LI is called out for being disgusting for being an asshole to everyone except the MC. Because it IS disgusting and not at all cute or romantic.

Speaking of villainess manhwa, Jeanette is literally being written with the backstory of one. She's in the exact same pitiful spot now that poor Athy was in the original novel and frankly I'm starting to feel more for her than Athanasia at this point.

@tigergirl158
I agree, I believe he just wanted to draw the line(nothing wrong with that), not because J liked him but to prevent her from liking him, that said I do take issue with the "she is the most important..." considering he met her only a couple of times. IRL that would be considered creepy behaviour

Users who are viewing this thread