Who Made Me a Princess - Vol. 2 Ch. 78

What lucas said to that kid was so harsh. But looks like that motivated him to become the strongest emperor in the history.

Idk but I think Ijekiel just wanted to draw the line and make it clear for Jeanette once and for all. He loves her as a sister and he loves Athy as a woman. Not trying to be harsh, just saying it straight to the point.

@esp Actually, I didn't think Jeanette saw him that way either. If anything, I think Athy ranks a bit higher than Ezekiel in Jeanette's eyes considering how she so strongly desires to be family with Athy and Claude.

That being said, Ezekiel's "you don't matter THAT much to me" was still uncalled for. Like, way to make her feel less loved or wanted, man. You're the closest thing she's had to a family but you're just gonna build a wall in your relationship like that?

@Hameul I don't remember the chapter, but for what it's worth this webtoon's deviated quite a bit from the novel (I stopped reading around this point so idk about later). I actually think the pacing here and shift in this part of the story has been interesting but
the issues with Claude's memory got resolved in the novel a lot faster

@Thejobbernowl right? But I'm also kinda curious how Athy'll treat Lucas if/once she comes to like him back.

@namu I don't think Jeanette knew she would be hurting Claude/Athy. It seemed more like something her father + uncle did on their own while using her as the carrier.

@alichan0612 @esp this might just be me, but it didn't seem like his insistence was about pushing away any notions of romantic love.
It felt more like a declaration of "I will choose her over you and this family should the need arise."

In previous chapters, we've seen him state his intentions to his father. That he can't do it anymore, that he won't help, that he's on Athy's side... but Jeanette wasn't there.
He obviously knows more about this situation than Jeannette does, but he also knows that she's still doesn't know any better. So he can't condemn her, but he can't let her keep thinking nothing's changed.

If anything, what he's done feels merciful (?) Despite being a child, Jeanette needs to grow up and this might be the wake up call she needed.

--
on a side note, Jeanette does seem childish, but she is a child. We tend to forget because Ezekiel is so mature and Athy is reincarnated.

Aggregator gang
Anastasius the second idiot daddy (but more annoying) is scheming something nasty again... Well, there's Lucas so it'll be fine.

I think Ezekiel didn’t think that Jeanette likes him but he tryna tell her that his love between her and Athy isn’t the same way. Because Ezekiel and Jeanette have been living together since very young age, somehow he might think that Jeanette wish him to adore her the most. So, he just wanna tell her the truth. (Just my opinion 😅)

Btw. I wanna see more Athy with Ezekiel //please 🥺

INDIRECT KISS OH MY GOD AS ALWAYS I SUPPORT LUCAS THAN EZEKIEL🔥🔥🔥 but still...poor ezekiel his hopeless love 😭😭😭

@liszst makes sense i kinda forgot she's actually almost 30 smth bcos uhh... she acts like her physical age granted she may be acting and in the shipping aspect of this manhwa idc who she ends up with either of them just let her survive past 18

Wow lucas I knew you were kinda a jerk but damn.

Ezekiel I'm disappointed in you.

Athy you did great sweetie, I'm sure you'll be able to heal your dad and beat up Lucas to teach that boomer not to be such an ass.

Jennette I know you just wanna be loved and I hope you do find a family that won't use you like bait and trap.

since ezekiel was a kid he'd always have to give into jeannette's clinginess and keep her happy bc of his father throwing the responsibility on him so he's just drawing the line (for once)

also you can really tell how spoon is trying so hard to make the readers like jeannette but im just like 👀

Dex-chan lover
I just... can't stand Lucas. Why did he have to be the ML? I guess I'm out. Thanks for the translations though!

Lucas needs to fix his attitude though I’d expect this kind of arrogance due to him being a talented wizard coddled by everyone

I get ezekiel’s feelings but I wish he didn’t word it like that; Jeanette just wants a family and he just told her that she isn’t his priority in a very harsh manner that could be interpreted as that ezekiel doesn’t care about her and cares about athy instead

@kawaiidogkittyq
He wasnt coddled by everyone
He was actually revered as a god when he was active as the Black Tower Wizard, he is currently inactive for the LOL XD, He will reveal his identity later

okay this chapter is quite something. lucas i didn't know you're that kind of a *JERK* and ezekiel honey i know you're fed up with many things like your dad but you should've at least worded it nicely, though I'm not on jeanette's side i feel sorry for her. athy I'm begging you please discipline these boys.

I feel that Jeanette is kinda pitiful. She just wants a family and I think she does actually adores the princess but I know those feelings will turn into jealousy quite soon. It’s really very sad though.

Dex-chan lover
I really get tired of ignorant hate towards Jeannette, she is just a pitiful innocent girl. Stop with zero sum fallacies. Her getting love won’t keep Athy from getting love.

Also, why would Ezekiel say that shit then? Seemed unnecessary

I don't know what to feel. I'm happy because my ships are sailing, but at the same time I feel sorry for jeanette she doesnt deserve all the pain she experience just cause her mother was a bitch and her dad has a inferiority complex

Lucas is such a jerk smh. And I feel so bad for Jeanette, she doesn’t deserve the hate she gets. She’s just pitiful and wants a loving family.

Double-page supporter
Wow, that was a bit harsh, considering she didn't even ask. Ezekiel didn't have to tell Jeanette basically "I like your best friend way more than you" and then up and leave, especially since she seems to treasure the few connections she has quite dearly(and probably guessed as much anyways). I still like Jeanette and am hoping she gets the family she desires. (I still don't see why the story is against her becoming sisters with Athy)

Also, what the hell, Lucas?

Users who are viewing this thread