Who Made Me a Princess?

I don't usually post comments since I prefer lurking or just reading the manhwa but I just really need to get this off my chest:

I really REALLY dislike Jeanette

Purely because she doesn't care about anyone's happiness but her own. She is a weak minded child that when told about what has happened with Athy and the Emperor would try to have her cake and eat it too rather than choosing to be a good friend to Athy and helping her resolve her problems rather than getting random shitty advice from a character who embodies "do not trust" so clearly from the beginning.

I really needed to let this out because I have had it up to here with her shitty personality. There I said it. 😤

Y’all whack. Janette can be annoying but she is a child and a character with fascinating psychology and I’m here for it.

I feel like some of you hate Jeanette because you put her to the same pedestal as Athy, who btw has lived like 3 times and is a literal adult in a child's body where as Jeanette is a literal 14 year old. She doesnt know right from wrong, she's only going based on her emotions, she isn't a mature adult so what she does makes sense. It's not her trying to be evil or trying to destroy everything for Athy.

I hope
Jeanette's dad dies a gruesome death. In the end, everything happens because of his insecurities. Everyone is hating on Jeanette instead of the main culprit which is her dad. If he didn't do no bad shit, Jeanette wouldn't be here, etc etc. Now they're trying to create some sob backstory for him which is meh.

Stop hating on Jeanette. On Lovely Princess Athy is hated by everyone and tossed away like an illegitimate child thus made her crave for more love and you know who's like that in this story now? JEANETTE! I bet if this story is on Jeannette's POV, you'll all hate Athy even when you're supposed to hate the other adults. Child or not, Jeannette is vulnerable because of the incompetent parents in this story, yes I'm looking at you too claude! It's normal for an insecure child to be as you all worded it: "Annoying". Athy's past life is like Jeannette too in where she's an orphan with no family thus made her elusive but also clingy to Claude, the only difference is Jeannette has his 'family' who's using her and haven't yet tasted the reality of life.

As many said before: I get Jeanette's problems and pov, but can't bring myself to like her, she just seems annoying.

@theilikepie I'd say most people are annoyed rather tnan hate her, and not because she's not a hot male, rather because she's portrayed in the really unflattering manner lately.
We've been getting nothing but chapters showing her inadvertenly harming others while thinking only of her own happiness and being ignorant of very big issues going on at the moment lately. Her dad being the main cause of those issues doesn't help the case either.

(J: everything is good, but it could gooder, ah poor me, why don't they pay me more attention

meanwhile Emperor: literally dying
Princess: trying to deal with emperor literally dying
J's dad: actively aiding in emperor literally dying)

As for why no one's hating the emperor - well, he's not awful now, people don't remember how he was already since prologue was too many chapters away. And it's a normal reaction.

Take The Abandoned Empress for example. Everyone hated the crown prince at the start (and he was godawful), but after time reset and tons of chapters - well, the opinion's still split. But you get the point - gender is not a determining factor in how audience responds to characters. People love and hate both males and females.

I get that Jeanette is naive due to her upbringing, growing up alone and sheltered rpotectively in a mansion with no family and all but she is ALREADY 14yrs old, its stupid to not know what is right from wrong at that age as that is basic common sense. She literally self pities everytime without even considering other people's feelings, its starting to get annoying. I feel like Anastasius will introduce Jeanette as a royal to counter Athy's right as an Emperor proxy, so she'll compete with Athy and bring more misunderstandings. What an eyesore. She cant expect to be treated like family especially when Claude knows she is not her daughter so she never bothered telling Athy about it.

I came to the comments just to say how amazing the new cover of Claude and the mom looked, instead I find a war between team Athy and Jeanette! Psh I'm outta here!

Updates?! Dude I'm shook. Happy shook. Also the new cover art is beautiful. I enjoyed the new recent chapters too! 😄

@aikarosei While I believe Jeanette hasn't done anything to be hated on (annoying maybe but not deserving of hate) , Jeanette's current life is NOTHING like Athy's past life.

Athy was hated by everyone including her own father. She had literally no one to turn to. She never knew what it was like to have a family. In the end she was framed and died, hated by everyone.

Jeanette on the other hand, was cared for all her life. Even if her 'family' is just using her, she doesn't know that and atleast they act like family to her while she remains painfully oblivious. She has never been alone or hated by anyone. She knows what it is like to have a family. She hasn't gone through any hardships.

You might say she can't even take care of the person she thinks is her father or act like family to him. Well, Athy did and was hated inspite of that

So comparing Jeanette's current life to Athy's past is just insulting to Athy given everything she experienced.

thank you for your hard work translation team, it's a quadruple update so please make sure you guys rest enough

Rip everyone in the story for the terrible stuff going on, but especially Claude’s older bro. I wanna run him over with a fucking truck.

@Ranranmeowmeow thank you so much for the spoiler >.< Athy's birthday will be a banger lol. If it's not too much can you also tell me what happens to Jeanette later? And what happens to her relationship with her real father? If you remember of course. Don't force yourself. That much is already a lot. Tysm 😍

Omygod!!!! You ahole! Even Mr. White isn't that ballsy! And jeanette gosh dang you girl!
Lucas is on the move now, you guys just made athy cry and jeanette, any more of this with lucas' suspicious of you, you might just fjnd yourself gone. 😑

Users who are viewing this thread