Wistoria: Wand and Sword - Vol. 8 Ch. 29 - And So The Story Begins

Dex-chan lover
pretty sure it was established that he's a dwarf, see the first few chapters
Afaik he just works out part time with the dwarves and empathizes with them because of their situation as non magic users. There's also insults from other students where they say that they suit each other, implying that he isn't actually a dwarf himself but that they're just equally as worthless in their eyes.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for translating and explaining all those double meanings and stuff. Can't wait to read more. Really hoping the clone theory for Rosti sticks cuz otherwise imma cry a river

Dex-chan lover
I feel like something bad is going to happen to Will now that things are seemingly going in his favor.

Dex-chan lover
villain taste the power of friendship and violence

I swear if the school still treats him like shit after this I'm going to rate this thing zero.

Double-page supporter
I can't tell if Will has some kind of power, or if he's just "borrowing" it from others...? He killed the Grand Duke by absorbing Theon's fire. He cleared the city of all the NPCs in an instant by absorbing Finn's blood into his sword (?). And now he killed the Devende by absorbing Elfi's power on top of whatever Finn gave him. It seems like Will is just a tool for others... what am I missing here?

I'm wondering when this manga get its adaptation, how cool this fight scene is going to be

Dex-chan lover
Really went all out on the art, reminds me of the latter half of Negima! with all the inverted color work. Top class.

Aggregator gang
It's nice to have a straightforward story every once in a while, I'm thoroughly enjoying it, maybe you should take a break or something.

Next chapter should be about where the anime leaves off (depending on how long it'll go), it seem like the absolute perfect cap off to a season (hoping the animation quality keeps up since episode 1 was phenomenal).

Can't wait to hear people say "it pulled a Vinland saga, and finished with the end of the prologue".

Dex-chan lover
it's been years since I reading manga that makes me tingling with anticipation and exciting story like this,,makes me wonder why shit fantasy manga nowadays get anime with only resource enough to make 1 season and why not make this one
And you got the anime, good for us

Dex-chan lover
I can't tell if Will has some kind of power, or if he's just "borrowing" it from others...? He killed the Grand Duke by absorbing Theon's fire. He cleared the city of all the NPCs in an instant by absorbing Finn's blood into his sword (?). And now he killed the Devende by absorbing Elfi's power on top of whatever Finn gave him. It seems like Will is just a tool for others... what am I missing here?
Hopefully that is actually the case. That it's the combination of 'Sword' and 'Wand' that unlocks greater power than either individually, and the SSJ powerup was from Finn's magic. Will's base abilities already make him stronger than most of the 'wands' we've seen.

Possibly he's not an actual 'sword' but is a new version that can take power from both ('magic sword'). Hard to say on how fully trained 'swords' work since we haven't really seen how Finn was fighting, just bits of the aftermath.

Dex-chan lover
Also, how did he know how to cast a spell? Would've preferred that being Elfi or someone helping him channel his magic sword into a spell, than him apparently just casting it out of the blue with no effort.

Users who are viewing this thread