Wolf-chan wa Sumashitai - Ch. 36 - Type and Chill

Double-page supporter
Sumika be like:
"You know who else is chill?"
images

Dex-chan lover
that might also be on the translator's part, depending on how they interpret the Japanese language used.
Honestly feels like it's both. The writing at it's base, just because of fitting the art and panelling etc. has to be very fun and witty, but the TL does a fantastic job of localizating all the little jokes and banter into English as well. Glad it's doing well enough that even his own students were fans, I wonder if he modeled any of the characters or at least some of the joke scenes off any of them.

Dex-chan lover
Shaking hands is saying "We're bros", while
taking a selfie with says "Lookit the cool guy I found! eat your heart out girls!"

Dex-chan lover
Sumika look unusually good on page 2. Is that the first time we got her in that angle?

Dex-chan lover
RIP Sumika. She died doing what she loved, shipping a wolf with a fruitcake.
The author being a high school teacher makes so much sense. Thanks for the TL.

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty close to the banter I have with my male friends. I’m not bi though.
Yeah, guys aren't allowed by a lot of cultures to be as close to each other as girlfriends are allowed to be, so for a very long time many guys joke about being in love with their best friends as a way of kinda playing off how much they do actually care for each other, but in a more jokey socially acceptable way. I'm sure though that navigating that would have been extremely hard if you were actually gay, and trying to figure out if your guy friends were actually gay and into each other, or just playing around, or into you for that matter.

I lived with some roommates for a while, a couple and another single guy, and the guys were friends since HS and they and the GF always constantly joked about how her BF was going to leave her for him and other related jokes. But nah, they were just best friends, so they joked about it to kinda mask how much they really did care about each other platonically.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread