Yakuza Reincarnation - Yakuza Princess of Another World - - Vol. 3 Ch. 9 - The King of Daniemi

Double-page supporter
I do wish the fact she's a princess would be a bit more important. Also her aides are mostly useless til now.
My gripe is that the first part of the story was a good setup for her to takeover the village and rebuild from there, but instead she had to immediately run away.

I bet the new antagonist is also a demon. I just hope that at the end of this arc she'll settle a bit and go for the Underground Boss approach she seems to be good at.

Dex-chan lover
@ShinGetsu
Would be interesting if she does settle down somewhere to run things. But right now, I think she is basicqlly networking, getting importaint worldly knowledge, finding out who runs things, who is good, who is bad, who she actually is to other people, etc. Once she gets this taken care of, then the larger plans should naturally come.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't understand the few people complaining about this manga in the slightest. In my opinion it's been fantastic all around, but I guess too each their own.

Dex-chan lover
I mean it's pretty much the same exact plot every chapter but the art is unique enough to make up for it.

Dex-chan lover
These people out of their minds thinking that facial scar is downgrading Mimoza. Women who own their scars are beautiful. And she was owning it completely. Makes me sad she's just a side character.

I know a far number of people were worried how this would turn out when we first started at chapter 1, but this seems pretty solid so far. I don't mind the whole "Beat up X at a new place" thing cuz it's just monster-of-the-week but with people.
Good fun for me.

Fed-Kun's army
@Yatagan She beats up a lot of shitty people each week, but I think what keeps things interesting is that they're traveling around. We're getting a better sense of the world, landscape, cities and their design. Also powers like the "holy grail of water". So I think it's doing a good job of world building, while beating up scum bags along the way.

Fed-Kun's army
I especially love these kinds of stories. Unlike the common trope of children show where some magical girls beat up a new monster, the main moving device here is gathering knowledge from exploring. Reminds me of Star Wars Knight of the Republic; you travel around to every new place, learn about the cultures and powers, and piece by piece forming one big picture of your world.

The thing about other anime and manga doing something like this but left them boring is because of how repetitive they are. Almost the same recycled development and the same kind of bosses. This manga changes up every place, at one point there’s a corrupted knight who lost his way, at the other point there’s an elf who needs a beating to grow the fuck up. Combine with the MC’s original experience from his old world we get a really interesting adventure. So far his isekai experience has been way more useful than most manga with the Isekai tag.

Dex-chan lover
@ShinGetsu It's been almost a half-year since I last read the first chapter, so I can't remember exactly why, but wasn't there basically a coup in the original princess' nation that left her on the run from execution? If that's the case, setting down to rebuild seems kinda like a less than smart idea.

Fed-Kun's army
IT"S BACK ITS BACK!!

also thank you for the translation and everything!! :)

Fed-Kun's army
@Vincentius Yeah my understanding she can't settle down. They're constantly on the run. The village she helped liberate was filled with regular people, mainly labor workers. She wouldn't be able to hold that city against the kingdom's forces for more than literally 5 seconds.

@kn1000a Well I mean comparing this to Magical Girls is a bit like comparing blueberry pie to roast beef. They're both completely different genres that set out with different goals, often with different audiences. Additionally you're comparing say Sailor Moon which is set in regular Japan, to this series that's set in a huge unknown fantasy world that we know nothing about. Exploration in this series is way more of an important factor, and introducing the audience to the world. Also Magical Girls can get pretty hard core depending on the series, I recently saw a clip from a Magical Girl series where a girl has all the meat shot off her arm down to the bone. Personally I love this manga, and I enjoy Magical Girls as well. I enjoy them both as entirely different things, for different reasons.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius Even more so, they have, as far as we know, a body double that is taking her place, so they are putting on the narrative that the aides are betraying the country by trying to cause dissent with a fake look-alike.

MD@Home
WHY *PUNCH THE AIR* IS *PUNCH THE AIR* THIS *PUNCH THE AIR* MANGA *PUNCH THE AIR* SO *PUNCH THE AIR* DAMN *PUNCH THE AIR* COOL *PUNCH THE AIR* *PUNCH THE AIR* *PUNCH THE AIR* *PUNCH THE AIR* *PUNCH THE AIR*

Dex-chan lover
This manga has me stuck in that wierd limbo of wanting to beat both types of meat

the gore and violence is so satisfying, like i’m normally an otome fluff kinda reader but this story really gets me going.

Users who are viewing this thread