Yakuza Reincarnation - Yakuza Princess of Another World - - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Entrance to Dunia

Dex-chan lover
The dude looks like a demon but from another fantasy universe. Demons in this manga are grotesque abominations, so he might not actually be a demon.

Dex-chan lover
well dunia in melayu language means "world"
OxO)
and most of south east asia country using melayu language so there you go people :v

Fed-Kun's army
yep just as expected someone gonna comment about that dunia thing like it's some kind of a big deal lol

Dex-chan lover
"Flaming Point" Probably refers to the temperature where something instantly goes on fire even without direct contact with flame/sparks. This usually doesn't happen to metal, but it could be referring to the additives and flux mixed into the metal or just a fantasy metal.

Things being on fire generally makes them hard to smith, but you want the metal you're working with to be as hot and workable as possible for various purposes.

Dex-chan lover
Shit really went down this chapter
Lovw rhe dwarf loli

Dex-chan lover
I don't really get the dwarves' test. I guess the point is that an honest person could confidently say that they got the medallion rightfully and that they never learned a secret greeting, but a confident liar could just make the same claim. I don't see how the dwarf girl would know they were telling the truth. On the other hand, if Ryuu wasn't there and her companions had to get shelter, it seems like the dwarf girl would have attacked them, even though they were completely honest. It looks like Ryuu mentioning Carlo was what convinced her, but they could have just robbed or killed Carlo and learned his name at some point.

99% sure it's melting point. By context the dwarves seem to be putting out some metal out of the furnace and you translated it as flaming point, so it obviously has to do with avoiding too much heat. Melting point is when metal has been heated to the point that it starts turning liquid (but probably also soft and malleable for forging), so it makes sense that smiths would want to avoid going beyond the melting point if they want to forge the metal. So yea, melting point. Also flaming point doesn't exist and it makes reference to something catching fire, which doesn't make much sense in the context of metal forging.

Fed-Kun's army
Love the series, still hate the old man and his "NOOOOOOOOO Lady Ruu is a delicate flower!" shtick. Like shut up, eyes open and try not to trip on the corpses she drops behind her. Act like you've seen it before... like every day since the windmill town.

That medieval crane (pg 5) is actually pretty accurate (according to my understanding). Artist did their work, good stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Oh look, enter the bad guy who will get destroyed next chapter.

Really, this is becoming fucking formulaic. Not once has it strayed from this kind of repetitive formula: new town, some bad things happen, bad guy comes, do bad shit, MC punches, everyone shocked, bad guy lose, the annoying Knight still "LADY RYUU STOP THIS DON'T DO THAT" next chapter, repeat again from beginning. This is all that had happened, with each and every single supporting character that have been introduced so far have advanced the plot, if not none, in the least minimal way ever. What do we know about the demons? Still zero. What about the skill tree that Ryuu has? Maybe a little info, but practically zero.

But at least the art is good.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for another chapter I adore this series and constantly look forward to the new chapters. Awww... I was hoping Ryuu's mermaid junior sister would continue to follow her big sis onto land somehow complete with Tsunmaid commentary and hearts in her eyes. Loved the panel with Nui being best dark elf and trying to shield Ryuu with her body. So crests are the next big step in the guiding tree fleshing out and seem like a big deal, though even they can be measured via quality, and likely something Ryuu and maybe Nui will be getting soon.
Why is it that I get a feeling based on the constant talk of lineage that this is a wooing attempt or proposal method gone wrong? Dude is trying to show Eva why he's the one for her that she needs by showing why her branch of Dunia can't protect its wares and prized workshop. Considering some of the shadowy art earlier in the chapter I would say this guy is either half fiend tying into the comment that the dwarves and Dunia in particular share the blood of demons and it just happened to manifest or re-emerge in this fella or he's possibly half-dragon based said art and some of the name choices. Judging by the loin cloth its safe to safe he's either part dwarf or at least part of the Dunia even if he's part of another faction or branch.
Though I wanna know who tossed the empowered fireball.

Double-page supporter
Wow this chapter was exciting, kinda sad we're already separated from the mermaids but I'm pretty hype for this dwarven clan war going on and Ryuu possibly getting a crest this arc
Thanks so much for the chapter!

Aggregator gang
@Xystus Well, at least it is better than those isekai that are growing like mushroom out there with an absolute Jesus going around and gathering girls for his cheap harem.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus The main appeal of this manga is the MC's manly man yakuza approach to solving problems, which is the thing that all those repetitive things are meant to build up to. And also the visuals and whatnot. I don't think any of those other things you mentioned are meant to be a draw at all. It's all just gritty people being gritty, wrapped in a fantasy skin for those sweet sweet isekai bucks, with mostly shorter arcs for an episodic approach so that even if you don't like what's going on, you kinda know it might get good again in a few chapters, so you keep paying for the new releases.

I find it worth reading because the art is nice and unconventional, which makes this plenty readable with Ryuu's personality that I like as well, but anyone who doesn't might as well just stop wasting their time.

Not that I'm not wishing deep down that it'll do a combo breaker on itself.

Users who are viewing this thread