Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 158 - Seto-kun Is Unsure About His Future

Dex-chan lover
NOT FUNNY COMMENT WARNING

////////
////////
////////

Y'know, years ago I wouldn't have understood his hesitation and fear. But I'm now engaged and my fiance is 4 months pregnant and, strangely, I now understand the fear of losing what I have. That sinking feeling is present CONSTANTLY. You don't fear losing something, of making a misstep, until you have something in your life that, if lost, will crush you. You can't ever predict the future and you can't ever guarantee tomorrow so the fear of making a mistake is so omnipresent when you have something to lose. I've never related to a character as much as I do right now.

Dex-chan lover
I love how in this series, even though they’ve already confessed and are in a relationship, the story doesn’t end there. There’s so much that can be explored once people are in a relationship, but it’s so rarely explored in romance stories. I’m so glad they continue to explore it here—and frankly impressed.

Dex-chan lover
Horny and whatnot is absolutely trivial. Can we talk about the most obvious thing at hand.

the f'ing TAIL

DpygyP3s_o.jpg

The cat attitude is nice. Author-sama is possessed to draw now in pretty much every chapter Anyou with paws and/ or ears. It is cute sometimes, but it is getting stale and going now so hard to give her for no reason a tail is dropping the plot. Sure todays manga readers are full of furry f***. However does it really need that appeal to get readers on board.
Sorry can't disagree with you more. These random opening pages are specifical for this reason. Just a little fun the author is having. He obviously equates Anjou to a cat. She is going to be sexy cat lady forever. Also leave furries alone. They mostly some of the coolest people ever.

Dex-chan lover
I think he needs to get laid. That might actually be the whole solution. He doesn't need to actually fix anything; all his problems are in his head. It's possible that he might be able to think straight if he can get his nut.

Fed-Kun's army
I genuinely don't like how much sexualization they shove in here.. It's such a heartfelt series and then I get an ass shot with cat tail of a high school girl.

Dex-chan lover
Horny and whatnot is absolutely trivial. Can we talk about the most obvious thing at hand.

the f'ing TAIL

DpygyP3s_o.jpg

The cat attitude is nice. Author-sama is possessed to draw now in pretty much every chapter Anyou with paws and/ or ears. It is cute sometimes, but it is getting stale and going now so hard to give her for no reason a tail is dropping the plot. Sure todays manga readers are full of furry f***. However does it really need that appeal to get readers on board.
Artist: I wanna draw her ass!
Editor: Ok, but you should probably cover it just enough so we can release it in a Shonen.
Artist: I'll cover it with a tail since she acts like a cat!
Editor: Brilliant, fucking send it.
This MF'er: Fucking Furry!

Double-page supporter
Sorry can't disagree with you more. These random opening pages are specifical for this reason. Just a little fun the author is having. He obviously equates Anjou to a cat. She is going to be sexy cat lady forever. Also leave furries alone. They mostly some of the coolest people ever.
The novelty wears off in light speed, because it is overused. I wrote it is cute making the reference to her personality as a cat like behavior in certain moments. But it is getting repetitive since it is now in every chapter when Anjou is around.

This MF'er: Fucking Furry!
Glad that you picked up on it.

Dex-chan lover
Him permanently overthinking literally everything is really grating. If Anjou wasn't such a joy I'd long since have tossed this manga.

Like, dude, if you don't know what you want to do, get literally ANY FUCKING JOB that pays a wage that you can live on! Be a random office drone, man a cash register in shop, become a garbage man or facility cleaner, drive a bus or subway train, become an electrician. Whatever, doesn't matter, since you don't have any preferences. Just don't pick anything that requires actual social skills beyond the formulaic (because gods know you suck massively at those) and you'll be fine.
And if it doesn't work out? So what? Switching careers is nothing special, tons of people do it everyday.

Dex-chan lover
Half of the MFs here complaining about how Seto isn't immediately cured by Anjou being his girlfriend or will be "cured" by having sex.

Like, that's his arc. That's character development. It's why Anjou LIKES Seto. It's because he tries. It's because he pushes himself to become a better person. He started working out. He tried to be more confident. Hell, he even ran up and headbutt some dude to protect Anjou's honor. Anjou is there to support him, every step of the way.

Also, he's a GODDAMN TEENAGER. He is not going to make completely rational decisions. He's literally still figuring shit out, damn.

Like, if you're that upset about Seto not "manning up", then just drop the Manga at the confession chapter and leave this place. Read basically any other fodder rom-com manga where it ends at the Festival Fireworks Confession Scene.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Anjou. She is basically on the way to become sexually frustrated girl.

Imagine being 18, constantly horny and have to wait for two years before your partner finally agrees to have sex with you. 😁 Just to discover that he sucks at it, that most likely will be the case considering Seto's attitude and approach.

Dex-chan lover
Times like this are tough, we all been there.
I just hope Seto can soon decide on what to go for.

I personally would wish for him to share his thoughts with Anjou.
Though I believe Anjou will give him advice like "follow what your heart wish" which would be not that great of an advice here, but it is good enough motivation for him.

Dex-chan lover
NOT FUNNY COMMENT WARNING

////////
////////
////////

Y'know, years ago I wouldn't have understood his hesitation and fear. But I'm now engaged and my fiance is 4 months pregnant and, strangely, I now understand the fear of losing what I have. That sinking feeling is present CONSTANTLY. You don't fear losing something, of making a misstep, until you have something in your life that, if lost, will crush you. You can't ever predict the future and you can't ever guarantee tomorrow so the fear of making a mistake is so omnipresent when you have something to lose. I've never related to a character as much as I do right now.
Not only this, but as readers we have to remember that we have been seeing things from Anjou's point of view and we know how much she's head over heels for him. As third party observes, it's really easy to say "Seto, don't worry about anything she'll never leave you" ...

But for him and his [warped due to insecurities] point of view, he really doesn't know if he'll always have her, if he messes up, he doesn't know what might happen. I feel like Seto's characterization is very realistic.

And for people feeling frustrated on Anjou's behalf, don't forget that she chose this from the beginning, she knew that he was this kind of person, so while it's fair for her to want things from him, she also should be willing to be patient (and I think she has been).

Great writing imo. Now I just want more of Inuyama and Toyo.

Supporter
Poor Anjou. She is basically on the way to become sexually frustrated girl.

Imagine being 18, constantly horny and have to wait for two years before your partner finally agrees to have sex with you. 😁 Just to discover that he sucks at it, that most likely will be the case considering Seto's attitude and approach.
First, his compulsive study disorder (TM) would actually help him when he's finally secure enough in himself and their relationship to indulge in da seggs. Though he'd be best advised not to bring along the charts and graphs.

Second, Anna knew what she was getting into with those insecurities but saw enough of what he could be when he forgot about them to see him as a partner worth waiting on. Also, she's aware he's basically a full year younger than her; if he finds the pieces he's still missing, he has the capacity to grow and change rapidly.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Half of the MFs here complaining about how Seto isn't immediately cured by Anjou being his girlfriend or will be "cured" by having sex.

Like, that's his arc. That's character development. It's why Anjou LIKES Seto. It's because he tries. It's because he pushes himself to become a better person. He started working out. He tried to be more confident. Hell, he even ran up and headbutt some dude to protect Anjou's honor. Anjou is there to support him, every step of the way.

Also, he's a GODDAMN TEENAGER. He is not going to make completely rational decisions. He's literally still figuring shit out, damn.

Like, if you're that upset about Seto not "manning up", then just drop the Manga at the confession chapter and leave this place. Read basically any other fodder rom-com manga where it ends at the Festival Fireworks Confession Scene.
This guy gets it.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe this is the wrong chapter to post it, but
Here's all the chapters that Inuyama and Toyoda appears:
Vol 2. Ch. 27; Vol 3 Ch 30; Vol. 3 Ch 37; Vol. 4 Ch. 46; Vol. 4 Ch 47; Vol 4 Ch 49; Vol 4 Ch 50; Vol 5 Ch 57; Vol 5 Ch 58; Vol 5 Ch 59; Bonus Comic from Vol 5 Ch 62; Vol 5 Ch 63; Vol 5 Ch 64; Vol 6 Ch 71; Vol 6 Ch 73 (inuyama and the bois only); Vol 7 Ch 80; Vol 7 Ch 81 (just a lil bit at the start, and it is mostly Inuyama); Vol 7 Ch 84; Vol 7 Ch 87 (start of the school trip); Vol 7 Ch 88 (still on the school trip); Vol 7 Ch 89; Vol 7 Ch 90 (Seto and Inuyama talk about confession and maybe getting rejected); Vol 8 Ch 92 (a little of Inuyama and Toyoda); Vol 8 Ch 97.5 (Toyoda and the gals); Vol 8 Ch 78 (Inuyama and the bois, again); Vol 8 Ch 99; Vol 8 Ch 100; Vol 9 Ch 104 (Inuyama and the boys); Vol 9 Ch 105 (Inuyama and the boys, continuation); Vol 9 Ch 106; they appear a little in Vol 9 Ch 108; Vol 9 Ch 109; Vol 9 Ch 110; Vol 10 Ch 117 (inuyama and the boys); Vol 10 Ch 122; Vol 10 Ch 123; Vol 10 ch 124; Vol 10 ch 126 (Inuyama and the bois at the start); Vol 11 Ch 129; Vol 11 Ch 130; Vol 11 Ch 136; Vol 11 Ch 137 (at the start); Vol 12 Ch 140 (Toyoda and the gals); Vol 12 Ch 141; Vol 12 Ch 142; Vol 12 Ch 143; Vol 12 Ch 150; ch 153 (inuyama and the boys)

Chita and Tokio: Vol. 6 Ch 75; Vol 9 Ch 105 (end); Vol 9 Ch 106; Vol 10 Ch 120; Vol 10 Ch 121; Vol 10 Ch 122; Vol 11 Ch 134 (Tokio talks to Anjou and Seto); Vol 11 Ch 135; ch 149 (Chita talkes a little about Tokio and love); ch 156 (chita and tokio following Toyoda)

Okazaki and Kariya
ch 143.5

Komaki-sensei
vol 10 ch 120.5; ch 155

Thank you for translating and posting the new chapter!!
Anjou just need a little opening for devouring Seto

Users who are viewing this thread