Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 159 - Restless and rebellious, the mischievous Seto-kun can't sleep

Dex-chan lover
Sniping is fine. Facepalm sniped. The group before them sniped, and so did their predecessors and the ones before them. If someone is uploading slowly and another group comes in to take up the slack, then good. But if you're going to try and take over, at least make sure you're actually doing a good job - no one wants to see a giant dip in quality. Better a slow, well-polished release than a fast, illegible one - any simpleton can machine translate nowadays. That's not how people want to enjoy the content.

Dex-chan lover
Hey harry11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111¹111111111111111111111 you suck

Dex-chan lover
you can report a chapter for watermarked images from the in-chapter menu.
oDX56S6.jpeg

M4pExul.jpeg
Done.

Lots of stuff untranslated, big watermark, eh. Let's just hope Facepalm will be here soon enough.

Dex-chan lover
Sniping is fine. Facepalm sniped. The group before them sniped, and so did their predecessors and the ones before them. If someone is uploading slowly and another group comes in to take up the slack, then good. But if you're going to try and take over, at least make sure you're actually doing a good job - no one wants to see a giant dip in quality. Better a slow, well-polished release than a fast, illegible one - any simpleton can machine translate nowadays. That's not how people want to enjoy the content.
I would say this is one of the better evaluations. I'm moderately indifferent to sniping, as I'm on the consumer end. There's also something to be said for "sniping" the instant a new chapter comes out, versus "sniping" months after the release. Life happens and scanlating groups are made up of people, so some delays are inevitable, though the length here naturally raises questions. That being the case, its not uncommon for another group or individual to step in, typically because they want the story themselves and choose to share. If one chooses to complain about the quality, which is poor, though not the worst I've seen by far, that's fair. Perhaps it would be more productive to encourage rather than disparage someone who attempted to share something that EFFECTIVELY appears to have been abandoned, for reasons I at least am unaware of. But pointing a finger and screaming "sniper" because of QUALITY is laughable. Scanlating is time consuming, requires certain minimum skills, and above all else(as is constantly demonstrated) motivation. Personally, I would rather encourage someone with motivation, since skills can be taught, and the more individuals that are engaging in the process naturally leads to more available content and less delays across the medium.

If we're simply talking a matter of "courtesy"... its too often an information desert on here (not always, but often), and I wouldn't expect a clearly inexperienced person to grasp the nuance, nor in this situation (where I at least am not aware of any statements regarding the works status by the " current" group) to perhaps think it was necessary.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the people in southern America didn't understand English but then I read this

Dex-chan lover
This made me realize it's been almost a month since we got a release, any idea what happened to the previous group ?

Dex-chan lover
I would say this is one of the better evaluations. I'm moderately indifferent to sniping, as I'm on the consumer end. There's also something to be said for "sniping" the instant a new chapter comes out, versus "sniping" months after the release. Life happens and scanlating groups are made up of people, so some delays are inevitable, though the length here naturally raises questions. That being the case, its not uncommon for another group or individual to step in, typically because they want the story themselves and choose to share. If one chooses to complain about the quality, which is poor, though not the worst I've seen by far, that's fair. Perhaps it would be more productive to encourage rather than disparage someone who attempted to share something that EFFECTIVELY appears to have been abandoned, for reasons I at least am unaware of. But pointing a finger and screaming "sniper" because of QUALITY is laughable. Scanlating is time consuming, requires certain minimum skills, and above all else(as is constantly demonstrated) motivation. Personally, I would rather encourage someone with motivation, since skills can be taught, and the more individuals that are engaging in the process naturally leads to more available content and less delays across the medium.

If we're simply talking a matter of "courtesy"... its too often an information desert on here (not always, but often), and I wouldn't expect a clearly inexperienced person to grasp the nuance, nor in this situation (where I at least am not aware of any statements regarding the works status by the " current" group) to perhaps think it was necessary.
Fucking what lmao. "effectively abandoned"? They've been consistently releasing once or twice a month for years now. It's been 28 days since the last update. That isn't a length of time that says "abandoned". If this was GDS you may have a point, but Facepalm isn't even close to that. Consistency is a quality too, and they've been fairly consistent for a long ass time. I'll take that over absolute shit tier "translations" like this any day.

Users who are viewing this thread