Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 172 - Toyoda-san is Afraid of Prep Schools

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess. He was too nervous to get anything on the paper. So at best, there's some basic lines vaguley resembling the objects to be drawn.
Okay, let's think this through using our other favorite as art school candidate, Senpai.

When he got to the prep school the first time, he was nervous about skill and ended up tanking the first drawing. I think Inuyama is having a similar time, however, it's compounded by his worrying about his girl who's sitting next to him.

It's admirable that he was so focused on her nerves, his own work suffered

Dex-chan lover
That whole scene about how art teachers just tear shit apart in manga with no actual feedback reminds of that new series about making movies. The "teacher" is nothing more than a pessmistic asshat who offers nothing in the way of actual guidance or instruction. Just criticism.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck that "not worth a critique" this kids are paying for this school and the damn bitch won't even do her job
I'm sorry but an art prep school that won't critique your drawings should not exist, that prep instructor sucks

Classes happen on a limited time, you can't just "waste" time repeating things.
The poor performers can know where they failed just listening the critique of the others that did better.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure why some people think the art critique process is unfair or anything. I doubt they have time to go through every single one every single day, so the plan is probably to always review half. If you're in the bottom half, listen to the critiques and try to be better. Art school standards are really high so if you're stuck, go get some personal 1 on 1 evaluation.

Anyhow, good chapter. Curious on what's causing Inuyama's issues. I'm 99% sure it's related to nerves and being unsure of himself given his new situation of being in a relationship. I really doubt he tanked it to prop up Toyoda, that doesn't seem like something he'd do nor something that Toyoda would want.

Dex-chan lover
Stop worrying about her, you have to concentrate on your own work. She is stronger then you give her credit for, she can make it. Stand by her, not behind and just become a chain.

Dex-chan lover
I think men have the same feelings as women but I cannot confirm because men never fucking express them

anf

Aggregator gang
Classes happen on a limited time, you can't just "waste" time repeating things.
The poor performers can know where they failed just listening the critique of the others that did better.
That is so ass backwards. The ones doing poorly need the most direction because, clearly, they aren't getting it. I mean, what is someone who is getting it so wrong that it would be a "waste" of time to teach going to learn from what the teacher says to a top performer? If you struggle with long division, hearing how to calculate the limit of a function is only going to confuse you more.

The ones that are excelling are good enough that they can critique themselves or form a peer review group. They would be the ones most suited for limited guidance.

Dex-chan lover
I called it right. As soon as inuyama said his art driven by lust and he was trying his best to hide his desires, I knew his art would suffer as a result.

Toyota is gonna have to convince him to accept who he is so he can remain a great artist. Emphasis on convince lol.

Dex-chan lover
I called it right. As soon as inuyama said his art driven by lust and he was trying his best to hide his desires, I knew his art would suffer as a result.

Toyota is gonna have to convince him to accept who he is so he can remain a great artist. Emphasis on convince lol.
Reminds me of a recent plot development in How do We Relationship where one of the characters, in an attempt to appease their partner who are way less interested in sex than them, decide to keep their sexual desire in check even though they are really sexually active. This eventually ends up backfiring of course, and her avoidance of her partner eats her apart.

Doubtful the same will happen here since this is a work for a younger audience and generally keeps things wholesome, but it felt like this guy will need to be reminded that his girl fell in love with him because of who he really is and he should learn to trust her better and be willing to expose himself as he really is, good or bad.

Users who are viewing this thread