Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 14 - Anjou-san and Seto-kun

Double-page supporter
@Tarage
Because stupid assholes should not be made comfortable here, lest more of them think they are in good company.
There's only one stupid asshole in this comment chain, and everyone knows it's you.

And this matters why
Did I say it matters? No, what I said is that it is untrue to pretend that it's as easy for men to get sex as it is for women. What I said is it's untrue to pretend it's a double standard.

If it matters, you are saying that it's something you somehow deserve.
So me saying black lives matter means I think I deserve a black person? Are you that stupid? That's just a basic fuckin' fallacy.

If it doesn't matter, saying that statement is meaningless.
Seriously? Are serious? Please tell me you're a troll. I refuse to believe someone is that fucking stupid.

You're the one saying that a man who has a lot of sex is different than a woman who has a lot of sex. Why is it different? Why does it matter.
How about you read what I said, considering I answered this already.

Use your words, not insults there buddy
Yea, not like you insulted me by saying I believe I deserve sex, that I treat sex as a currency, or that you insulted me by just straight up lying.

In just two comments you proved how fundamentally delusional and unreasonable you are. And considering I've already stated and elaborated and you somehow are continuing to pretend I didn't, no amount of explanations, articles, videos or blatant truths or facts will convince you of the reality you don't want to believe. I cannot reason with the fundamentally unreasonable. I'd love to see the slapstick comedy that is your life. I think I'll let someone with the actual qualifications and degrees to deal with the mental disabled and insane deal with you. This is far above my pay grade. You genuinely need psychiatric help.

@Yautja
Naive, perhaps. I can certainly see how you would see it that way. However, even if his words are everything you say they are, have you stopped to decipher their meaning? Essentially I feel like what he's saying is that you can't quantify sex in a way that if you're a male and want it, but can't simply get it, then for all things to be "equal" women should give it to men more. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting that correctly so I may be wrong. It's not a bad position if that's the case -- it's just not presented clearly. The problem is everyone seems to be so hyped up in the conversation that points are getting lost for the sake of attacks.
To throw my hat out there, I'll say this regarding the conversation:
Women do indeed have a much easier time getting sex. To that I do believe there isn't much doubt. However, I'm not too sure where this stereotype that men are "celebrated" for their sexual conquests came from besides seeing it in movies? Maybe there's a few weirdly scummy dudes out there who would do this. But when was the last time you heard a guy say "Ive slept with X amount of women" and the other guys legitimately cared? If anything my personal thought would be "what a douche". In my time, I've had my share of partners, looking back it's added up but I don't believe I've ever felt anything other than slightly disappointed that I didn't find one for life. I'm sure it's different for everyone, right?
For women for instance, how many have considered that while they may have had an easier time getting sex, the flip side of that is a higher difficulty in finding love? When a man and a woman hook up the man can typically tell that he's "special" for lack of a better term because out of all those available as previously discussed, but how is the girl suppose to feel the same knowing that men are almost always looking for sex?
Modern gender politics want's equality across the board, and that's a noble goal as long as it's looked at from a rational point of view. The one thing that needs to be considered though is that there are just certain aspects that aren't equal and never will be on a biological level. It's like men and women are playing the same game but with a different set of rules. So I personally believe the thought of "Well, men do this! Why can't women? and Women get this! Why don't men?" is just fundamentally silly. It's not a 1 to 1 comparison in some situations and probably never will be.

Anyway, this post is way longer than I intended, and not even a topic I'm particularly interested in talking about on a manga forum where I come to entertain myself. If I had to leave it be with just one thought I'd say:
"Just be cool with each other. Respect each other and love each other. In the end we're all on this literal speck of dust in an infinitely expanding universe. Our sentience and consciousness is the greatest thing we ever could have received. Don't waste it trying to tear someone else down. Spend it building yourself up."

I can only applaud the author for this chapter. Like many others, I already loved his artstyle, but here, he also showcases some great narrative skills. I'm sold.

Narratively, the way he uses the paneling to outline Anjou point-of-view and "reveal" Seto to her eyes is brilliant. And story-wise, he ties everything together and answers the question we all asked : "What did she see in Seto ?". With that, I don't have to force myself to suspend my disbelief any more and finally acknowledge that I'm reading a seinen manga.

After chapter 10, I wrote a lengthy comment (https://mangadex.org/thread/36234/2/#post_238006) about the author intent that ended with :
That's why it doesn't feel plausible to have Anjo fall in love with him. He's way too dorky to attract a girl like her. She either has hidden self-confidence issues or something happened behind the scene (ie. in the past) for it to make sense. But nothing has been hinted so far, there's no foreshadowing going this way, and it would somewhat be out-of-character for Anjo. In the end, it feels like the author didn't give her a good reason to grow attached to him.

And here, we indeed see that something happened in the past to trigger Anjou-san's interest in Seto, and that she actually has some hidden self-confidence issues (the mirror scene). She doesn't truly find herself attractive, which explain her provocative look, really flirty attitude and the reason why she's flattered by Seto's overly flustered behaviour. This really grounds her character by showing hints of her flaws.

And ultimately this chapter shows that deep inside, buried under this self-deprecating, low-self-esteem, pushover doormat of a "nice guy", Seto is somewhat of a good man. He's a diamond in the rough, with an attractive face and a golden heart, crippled by his own lack of confidence.

Those two characters have a lot of room to grow. I hope the author is going to explore how they can slowly fix themselves through their relationship. There's a lot of potential, here.

Edit: fixing BBCode

Dex-chan lover
@Tarage
Its a biological Imperative, and one of the sexes has all the power in the dynamic, in species with sexual dimorphism, its often the males competing for the female, youre free to live in your make belive world of fantasy, but Facts dont Care about your feelings.

Double-page supporter
@Happily_Grim
I know exactly what he's trying to say but to attribute his claims to me or anyone he replied to requires some impressive mental gymnastics. And I think you're giving him a lot more credit than he deserves. What he has said can be thrown into one of two categories

1. Irrelevant / lie; A reply that does not address what I or others have said or attributes things to me or others that I / they have not said; Saying I believe I'm owed sex
2. Fallacy; Comments regarding the words commodity or currency or pretty much his entire second reply to me; Saying I believe I'm owed something if it matters, Saying if something doesn't matter there's no purpose in saying it, etc.

I seriously think this guy is mentally challenged, I'm not being ironic or trying to insult him. I seriously think he has some serious mental disabilities as shown by his comments and expecting civility or common sense is unreasonable to say the least.

@Tarage I can understand how you wouldn't want to associate with people who's opinions you don't like. However, you're not the gatekeeper. No one has asked you to be such. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you should try to invalidate their life experiences and attempt to ostracize them. It's literally the antithesis of freedom and free thought.

In general (and not directed at you) I believe moral soapboxing that's become so prevalent in modern society is just a lazy way to avoid having to debate openly about topics and still feel good about yourself like you did something.

@Happily _Grim This isn't about limiting free thought you fucking mongoloid, it's about pointing out that someone else's opinion is fucking stupid. For someone who's so against soapboxing you sure have no problem with doing it yourself, fucking hypocrite.

@Yautja

Yeah, I can see how you would feel like that. I just believe it's a difference in opinions and it's not being communicated well at all.

But at this point, is any of it really productive? Does it really serve any purpose? When all is said and done and you look back is it something you're going to remember? I think at this point it's just devolved into an exercise in futility to try and continue. In other words it's just not worth it. Nothing good is going to come from anything further.

Might as well end with one more Jung quote that I like:
"We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses."

@Solzhenhasbeen

Yeah, maybe I am soapboxing a little. Maybe I am a hypocrite. I'm fine with that. I never made a claim to be perfect nor would I want to be. So it's all good.

Let me know how changing someones opinion works out for you, or rather "pointing out how fucking stupid it is". We'll all be waiting here with bated breath for you to pat yourself on the back and say "Yeah! I really told him!". I'll write your success down in my diary as a huge accomplishment I witnessed in my life.

If I had to guess I'd say you were Tarage on an alt account. Not sure why you would need to do that, though.

As a fun side-note: I'd like to point out that it's funny how you are adamantly advocating against what I assume is gender stereotypes and discrimination and then choose to insult someone with a racial epithet. ?
I wish you the best. Hopefully you find everything you're looking for. Have a good evening.
--Mongoloid out

Fed-Kun's army
Noice background chapter !!

Also, Does conversatation and understanding is that hard?

@Solzhenhasbeen Nice one.

@Happily_Grim @@Tarage Go and take some class about communication disorders.

@Yautja U re now one of my favorite human beings.

Not a native english speaker. AND i can see how biased and wrong, people can be.

Group Leader
@boag This is in the case of animals living out their baser instincts. Are you saying humanity as a whole hasn't evolved past the concept of always acting out impulses? You seem to think very lowly about humans. Says something about you.

@Yautja "State what you mean because I don't understand" "u a shit lol"

Okay buddy.

Dex-chan lover
No Seto. Unless I knew who specifically drunk the cup, you first wash the cup before drinking on it like every sane person will do in the 21st century.
And the right answer to his question is, his analogy is retarded. Human relationships are not comparable to cups, be it used or not, and call his bullshit or, if you're too beta, just don't answer and be confused as fuck because the question was really confusing.

I don't know if it's lost in translation or it's a cultural thing but this is really a grade school tier of reasoning.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Yautja
@Tarage
Cool it. Both of your comments blatantly break 5.1. Take it to PMs or block each other if you must.

If the blatant rule breaking continues, corrective action will ensue.

Thanks,

Zeph

Dex-chan lover
@Tarage
I dont have to put any feelings into it, im just stating statistical facts.
A random woman can approach a random guy and be more successful than any guy ever could.

@MasterPannya
Im fairly sure, something was lost in translation.

I have no idea what this conversation is actually about but I have an idea so here is my two cents. It is stupid that we care whether the woman we are sleeping with is a virgin or not. As a rule of thumb most people have lost their virginity as teenagers. If you obsess over dating a virgin and you have hit this age bracket then you are never going to get a relationship. Even having sex while single shouldn't be viewed as bad. Sex is a fun activity and as long as you take precautions it has very little risks.

Users who are viewing this thread