Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 14 Ch. 174 - Inuyama-kun Wants to Graduate

Dex-chan lover
What's not shown here is the internal conflict within Inuyama; one part of him wants to be a "normie" for Toyoda, but the other part is him surpressing his true nature of degeneracy.
The teacher's critique is quite harsh but is an effective wake-up call for him to re-evaluate what he really wants, but in a very roundabout way. If she doesn't care about the job or the prep-students, she wouldn't have invested even a second to roast Inuyama and the other bottom-rowers in front of the class.

Dex-chan lover
Youth :wooow:
Having interacted with some peculiar arts and literature kids, I'm not that baffled to see the lady being THAT harsh tbh. What's hurtful is the fact that she got a point :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Inuyama wants to go wild drawing the female form and the subject matter honestly bores him. Wonder how Toyo is going to help inspire him to redirect those creative juices.

Dex-chan lover
Except he 100% is phoning it in.
Yeah, both the teacher being annoying/asshole and Inuyama "phoning it in" are true. Her critique applies to Inuyama's art but she said in the worst way possible.

Also, the artist really tried to lure my eyeball to Toyoda's assets but too bad I am more invested with the characters than her upskirt shots.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Reading through the comments and seeing the various opinions about the teacher; that she could have communicated better, that she was too harsh, that she's right, etc. frankly, I get them all. But one thing people should consider is that they're aiming to get into AIGEI(Aichi Kenritsu Geijutsu Daigaku), known for its high entry difficulty due to intense competition, and how it's necessary not just to be good but to have an impressive portfolio showing high levels of creativity and strong foundations just to have a chance at all.

Of course, it's not TOKYO-U, but it's still highly regarded. Inuyama, in his current state of mind, especially if it's reflected in his art, would definitely not make it. As harsh as the teacher is being, she's right that he would just be wasting his time right now.
If Inuyama isn't capable of surviving her harsh comments, AIGEI's teachers would eat him alive, even if he manages to get in.

Curious trivia: For anime fans, a graduate of AIGEI is Ishizuka Atsuko, known for her work at Madhouse, including directing THESE anime:

YVlCyX0.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So far, it's going exactly the surupy road we predicted in the comments to the previous chapter, haha.

The teacher is harsh but right, she's not shitting on his work and she even said his composition is fine and details are clear. But she is saying that his work is not up to par for something that could get into college. It's better to weed out people who are phoning it in, save their money, save the teacher's time, and save the opportunity for someone else.
She's a teacher, a paid professional. Her job is not just pointing out the issues, it's offering ways to overcome these. Just like a Math teacher looks through your solution to identify the bit where you messed up, not just checks the final number in your sheet and says "that's wrong do better lol".

On a side note, one way to remedy boring still life is to increase contrast when rendering the objects. If everything is too clean and perfect then it's really not visually striking. One way Inuyama could improve is actually to render only a specific object in clear detail while leaving others more loose (but still accurate). This bias injected into the work tells the viewer what the artist is interested in and what they consider the star of the composition, hence "intention" and "meaning".
See, something like this would've been constructive feedback from her, and her doing her job. "Wow lol you suck" without offering any way to stop sucking is not, it's just her showing off her ego.

Dex-chan lover
Inuyama wants to go wild drawing the female form and the subject matter honestly bores him. Wonder how Toyo is going to help inspire him to redirect those creative juices.
I wonder, if I entered the art exam and I painted the nude model in a very bizarre way, like Van Gogh or Picasso, or even worse, like StickDeath(TM) will I be accepted?

Dex-chan lover
the koala cosplay chapter flashed into my head right after reading this. i feel like inuyama knows toyoda already accepted that the perversion is part of who he is, and that he wouldnt/doesnt have to change for her

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread