Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 18 - Anjou-san Wants Him to Stay Over

Aggregator gang
Okay I still like this story and all, I just wished there was some actual progress with these two. I thought that's what we were going to get in this chapter. I'm not saying they should've kissed or have a confession scene, just have something happen to make Seto more assertive or make Anjou tease Seto less.

I thought they were going to have that moment with Anjou talking to Seto as to why he doesn't like the idea of other men in her room, instead we get a gag where Seto sticks his thumb in Anjou's mouth (kinky?) and he runs off in embarrassment, where the topic of will be put on hold (if it ever gets brought up again) and the God's of Status-Quo remain pleased.

I know some readers of this manga won't like me using this as a reference, but in Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, we had Senpai getting more and more comfortable around Nagatoro; having him replace his mary-sue love interest from his manga with a neko-version of Nagator in chapter 13 and also have him be more aware of some of her tricks. Nagatoro meanwhile has gotten more gentle in her teasing, she helps Senpai with getting him more active, and she even started to stand up to her friends when they started to tease Senpai.

This manga shouldn't have to copy Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, although it does have some of the same beats (female MC giving the male MC a haircut, female using a water bottle to tease male over indirect kiss, female inviting male over to her house in chapter 17/18), I'm just saying the characters need to show some change in their dynamic to show how their relationship with each other has affected the two of them.

At this point I feel like the manga is just going to keep using the same tease the love interest relentlessly formula until either the final arc of the manga that makes them an official couple, or it just ends with nothing to show for itself.

Fed-Kun's army
@Zeonll now i need fanart of Guyver dressed up as an over-the-top gyaru, making a kissy face at me

Dex-chan lover
"I ain't saying it's right. But you're saying a foot massage don't mean nothing, and I'm saying it does."
Vincent Vega.

This has gone all the way from playful teasing to extremely low effort wish-fulfilment faster than it takes a hikkikomori to fap to it.
It's actually kind of sad, more so when you realize the main character is that way so that the readers can project onto him more easily.

SHOW US SOME CHARACTER PROGRESS HERE TnT . I like seto being the way he is and all but give him a pair balls for just a minute. as for anjou a moment of realization should suffice, although it might happen in the next chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like this manga is hitting the tipping point for many readers here, makes total sense really.
They can’t keep up this extreme, borderline-fetishistic relationship with an undeveloped Male-Protagonist without either party actually changing anything. The route of the story is clear, so we should at least have interesting events going on to get there, because so far it’ll only feel like padding.

Dex-chan lover
You got to play with her, massage her go even further... She primed the confession for you... Seto you disappoint me.

Everyone calling Seto a beta/spineless/cowardly seems to misunderstand the character. Seto obviously has ZERO self-esteem. He's stated that the only thing that he is halfway decent at is his schoolwork, and even then he struggles. For someone as outgoing as Anjou to take notice of him and constantly pay attention to him would be difficult for him to accept as anything romantic, or even friendly. His perception would be that she must be making fun of him, and deriving pleasure from his uncomfortable reactions to her advances. It seems clear that he believes that any advances on her part are simply in jest and would end before any "serious" point. I presume that as the manga goes on, Seto may begin to question this point of view, especially since it seems clear that he already sees in her at least a friendly light (given the admission that he doesn't want her to invite guys over). However, given Seto's character I doubt that he will ever make any advances himself, and must rely on Anjou to confirm that her feelings are more than a means of teasing him.

Obviously to some, this will be too frustrating to wait for, and it appears some have already lost their patience. Those calling this "bad writing" are simply ignoring the backgrounds of the characters and are simply impatient for "progress" (in the physical sense) to occur.

People love to complain for nothing. Like, are you all seriously going to ignore Seto being jealous without even knowing it? This guy is starting to understand and soon might even turn the tables on her.

Although the moment he does, i do not thing the author has the skills to continue beyond that.

I understand him thinking that anjou is just teasing him and can't even think of it differently as they are so different in personalities and him being so socialy akward, but even if he is spineless with low self-esteem, one would already thought he would be more "comfortable" around her by now, since they spent so much time together already, but he still same as when they met, i think readers by now must be getting tired of same response from him everytime despite her already showing some degree of affection towards him, i think mangaka just wants to remain the status quo for them a bit more, i personally don't mind if things stay like this a bit longer before proceeding with something more deep, but what i really fear is, if the story ends as it began...

Aggregator gang
@Accelerand0
@jtpetino

I'm not complaining because Seto's not some "alpha" or that he and Anjou aren't making "goo-goo eyes" at each other. I'm complaining that we been going thorugh the same routine for 18 chapters; Anjou teases Seto or makes a sexual innuendo towards him, Seto goes "Uhh-Waaaahhh!", Anjou laughs, end chapter.

I just want something to indicate a change of pace for these two. Something that would advance the plot for them. At this point I feel the only way things will change is if either Anjou says something that pushes Seto too far, one of Anjou's friends tries to get Seto out of the picture (presumably Chita, who already gave Seto the third degree in chapter 9), or there's an outside guy that tries to put the moves in on Anjou. Otherwise we'll keep going through the same old song and dance.

Just some change of pace is all I want from the manga.

i think those last two chapters got us a little "closer to home" so to speak. very slowly moving, but i do think it Is moving.

Users who are viewing this thread