Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 19 - Anjou-san Wants to Play in the Water

Group Leader
@havelmom I'm with you on this one. The way males flinch away from females when an awkward situation occurs is such an annoying, overly-used but unrealistic reaction. You see it frequently in manga and anime, plus I've even seen it in a K-drama with live actors where it was jaw-droppingly ridiculous. As annoying clichés go, it's up there with "a third wheel suddenly popping out of nowhere" and "naked girl falls out of the sky and lands on the MC."

Seto.... Man up, and just do it!!!! GODDAMMIT!!!!

giphy.gif

???

Dex-chan lover
He just lacks enough confidence in his positive qualities to believe that someone as hi-spec as Anjou could ever actually like him. Notice how many comments there are about him manning up or just going for it? The author has managed to elicit empathy from the readers. As a writer, that is a major accomplishment. The longer this goes on, the more joy we'll experience when he finally gets his shit together and finally reciprocates her feelings. Of course of it goes on too long, the story will get stale. I'm which case the series will either end or the author will introduce a rival to Anjou vying for Seto. Then again, the author could pull a major M. Night Shyamalan and have Anjou die in a tragic accident and only then does Seto realize his own feelings and hers. Fortunately I don't believe our amazing mangaka is that kind of person. And that's also not the kind of magazine this manga is published in.

And I just realized how much I went off on a tangent. Sorry about that.

Fed-Kun's army
Glad that with dumpster fires like Gal Cleaning currently burning down in front of our eyes I can always come read some Anjo-san to cleanse my soul.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
exactly
It's perfectly fine for the guy to get stunned, think about it, he has never been in this situation before and it's the first female attention he's getting
but the flinch away? a girls throws herself at you, you can freeze, sure. but not flinch

again, I like the story and I like the teasing, but he should be going blank there instead of 'DID YOU JUST TOUCH ME THOT'-MODE

Dex-chan lover
Huh, I didn't know that black-haired friend of hers was such a gentlewoman of culture.

Also, good thing Anna didn't bring him a speedo, although I kinda wish she did.

Dex-chan lover
why you talking about sundome?

If that's the series I think I remember,
the girl manages to give the MC a watersports fetish before she kicks off. It ended with him grown up years later, having a conversation about that sort of thing with some other woman he just slept with. That's an awkward thing to have to bring up to partners, kind of a deal breaker for a lot of people too.

Double-page supporter
@havelmom
Being a pathetic fuck just like the mc, I can say that I had even worst reactions in high school. I will never forget one day in the library when a girl sat on my lap and I panicked so much that I jumped out of the chair, throwing her on the ground.

Thinking about it now, I guess that's why I hate seeing these types of mc; they remind me too much of how pathetic I am.

Dex-chan lover
Normal person here, was also a big beta in middle and high school.

I remember I had a nice girl classmate who used to slap my ass give me hugs and hang out with me a bunch. Really hot too, for her age anyway haha.

Totally thought she was just like that and I totally associated the butt touches with spanking from mom LOL

Anyway uhh high school had a bunch of situations like beta MC I just didn't recognize crap.

Had stuff happen to me as an adult out of school too, sometimes I notice now but if I think about it I totally feel like an oblivious fk. Lmao.

Dex-chan lover
The cool type friend is very cultured.

Im glad Anjous friends are cool with her going for what she likes i hate that trope were supposed friends bash and ridicule when they wants something that "doesnt fit their image" or is below them in terms of looks or whatever instead of asking like regular human beings why they like a person, like the cool type cultured friend here did, well in a past chapter but im glad theyre supportive and helping her out.

Also yeah mc-kun is kind of a bitch but at least he goes along with her most of the time some authors would have their mc faint or run away the moment the girl took of her clothes to get into her swimsuit and i drop the series right there and then this guys does bitch quite a lot about being on good situations though and he has that weird epileptic shock when she gets close, he should really drop doing coke and change to weed so he can chill and stop with that super high tension

Cute how Anjou got worried at her friends bustier physique.

Cmon just make him go to the pool lol still that was pretty special in its own right cmon even preparing that shitty pool at the roof must have taken a lot just drop to your knees and worship/fuck her already mc-kun.

Damn that was a sexy ass swimsuit goddamn indeed.

Dex-chan lover
Insult the MC all you want, but being able to hold back your boners is one hell of a skill 😂

Users who are viewing this thread