Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 42 - Seto-kun Sits Next to Anjou-san

Dex-chan lover
@_stultus It really wasn't. As soon as he started thinking about it, she followed with an "as if". She literally turns EVERYTHING into a joke.
But sure, the beta cuck MC is dense for not noticing that behind her insults, she actually likes him.

@Tatherwood tbh, in the bright side, Seto wouldn't be in his current self rn if it wasn't for Anjou. He learned to dress up pleasantly, help someone when he/she needs comforting (or maybe he's just a kind guy)...teasing is still strong but there is also some development on its way. While I do understand why he would hesitate, be conflicted and still being embarrassed about the same things...only if that certain someone would tell him that she likes Seto, but no...fuck that. it's their fault😂 The author's the one who is teasing us the whole time alright!

It's better than the generic shoujo with your typical cutesy doormat MC.

Dex-chan lover
@_stultus You're not wrong with half of what you said. I mean, Seto has ALWAYS been a kind guy. We've seen it before, and it shows again later down the road. That's not Anjou's influence.
Him socializing more, and dressing up, sure, that is her influence. And him being better than the generic doormat MC, sure, why not. Preferences.

But the point remains, everyone still saying "beta cuck MC" this or that, or "dense MC" this or that. Dense? She LITERALLY disses him, insults him, mocks him... "But she's just lovingly teasing him". Uh...okay. Says you, the omniscient reader.
If someone mocked you and insulted you in a daily basis, would YOU go "oh yeah, she's definitely into me"? Cause buddy, if the answer is yes, we've got a problem XD
And that's kinda my issue. It's reached a point where I'm not tired of the "dense MC". I'm tired of PEOPLE saying "dense MC". Excuse me, there's 2 people in this dance. SHE could tell HIM "I like you". But nah, let's keep being playful and mocking. It's his fault for not noticing.

It feels like these giving hints and taking it back is her way for him to chose whether he wants to change a little to be able to be side by side with her or chose a path which he'll never change and be burned along the way.

Dex-chan lover
Not that I'll ever become a parent, but telling their kids they'll be homeless if they run off and get lost is definitely the kind of parent I would want to be.

Dex-chan lover
It feels like these giving hints and taking it back is her way for him to chose whether he wants to change a little to be able to be side by side with her or chose a path which he'll never change and be burned along the way.
It's her not being able to be direct with him. I honestly think that for all of her teasing, she would really struggle to just honestly and genuinely tell him how she feels. Every time she says something like this, she always plays it off as a joke, sometimes even takes it back in the next sentence. She has been confident in literally every situation so far, so it would be interesting if she would really struggle with him being genuine with her. As for him, he is definitely the kind of person who is straightforward and very conscientious, so whenever she plays off her approaches as a joke, he immediately defaults back into "I shouldnt assume anything." Unlike Inuyama who is much bolder and assumes that Toyoda likes him, maybe to his detriment.

Users who are viewing this thread