Yancha Gal no Anjou-san

Aggregator gang
I feel like this is just "Please don't bully me, Nagatoro" but for grown-ups. Seriously, Seto-kun's dick is going to get totally destroyed if he ever hooks up with Anjou. I get the sense that she could just devour him at anytime and there is pretty much fuck all he could do about it. The only reason he still has his virginity is because she's having more fun playing with him at the moment. As soon as she gets bored of that she's going turn into that witch from Macbeth and drain him "dry as hay".

I think Seto has his good points. He is diligent, and he does actually show some kind of backbone from time-to-time (he stood up to those pick-up artists, albeit in lamest way possible). But man, he is so totally outclassed by Anjou.

@Ryallen

I don't think comparing Anjou-san with Nagatoro-san is anywhere near the truth.

If you look at the original Nagatoro-san, she's just a sadistic b!+(# that finds pleasure in violent abuse and mental breaking.
The manga is censored so much in comparison that you can't call it Nagatoro-san anymore, it's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

While Anjou-san likes to tease the main character, it's the kindergarten kind of tease (i.e. you tease the one you like).
It's very apparent that she's totally smitten with him but simply can't be completely honest about it (I'd call it tawadere since tawamureru/tawabureru can mean "to flirt" and "to jolly").

I will be satisfied as long as the author isn't going to put a random dark backstory or serious love triangle.

Thanks @_anq!

What does "more or less caught up" mean in chap28 note, more precisely? Is there any tankoubon stuff left (extras or whatever) or are there more chapters to expect from Hatigarm Scans before we're caught up with the last magazine chapter? Will we even get the magazine chapters? Do Hatigarm Scans have a raw provider for Young King or will we have to wait for volume 3 to get released and scanned?

Is it just me or does it seem like Anjo and Seto are in the same class. Because I'm pretty sure Anjo use to call Seto senpai.

Thank you @_anq , you are the best.....
And a beast when it comes to translations!!!!
You deserve vacations , dude!

(I think there is more comments about @_anq than about the manga itself)

Thanks @_anq you've really done a marvelous job. Now to deal with the withdrawal... Are you working on anything else we can get a fix from? I'm already dying over here. ?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks _anq for doing the scanlations up to this point.
This weeb greatly appreciates it.

@Asriel That's not entirely true past chapter 3 and becomes even less true the longer the series goes. Nagatoro very clearly likes Senpai and while she does enjoy picking on him, she makes it a point to never do anything that makes him genuinely uneasy. The teasing that she does is the way that she shows affection, and not at all subtext of the series makes that abundantly clear. She enjoys posing for him when he paints, she enjoys cutting his hair and she enjoys spending her time with him. She hates it when her friends pick on Senpai for obvious reasons, and the less obvious point is that Nagatoro knows when to stop, when she apologizes in Chapter 2 for making him cry the previous chapter by offering to be his model. The first chapter is the only real time where she acts like a sadistic bitch to him, the rest of the chapter is more aggressive teasing but it's never actively hostile like her friends.

And I compare the two manga because they have very similar premises. Some sort of gal/gyaru character hangs out with a nerd/otaku character with no experience with girls who is able to be flustered easily with the mere mention of anything sexual. From this, comparisons are easier to make than comparing something like Tomo-chan and Usagi-moku. They obviously differ in how their characters interact and grow, but because the groundwork is so similar, comparisons can be made.

Users who are viewing this thread