Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Vol. 2 Ch. 35 - Bouquet

@Reimans that while "in not homophobic I just don't like the way they try and throw their homosexuality in our faces / down our throats" commonly translates to "I don't want you to know I'm homophobic, but I don't like seeing gay people. Their mere existence is an affront to my fragile masculinity."

Pride parades aside, they don't force their ideals nor is their self expression radical. All they have to do is hold hands and they get accused of forcing their ideals. A pride parade may seem like radical expression, but that is them celebrating surviving in a world that very much still persecutes them.

Dex-chan lover
Had a small idea that he might be gay based on the foreshadowing we've seen before, didn't except for it to get an arc of it's own and especially Kurokawa to actually understand that Shishio was in love with him, and all on his own, since he doesn't even get that Hachiko loves him. And she's way more obvious.
@Lyanhyrt Do they? Because aside from this, I find it very rare to for a straight romance manga to have a gay character, at most they have lesbians but very very rarely gay, I can barely remember seeing any gay characters outside of shounen ai manga.
@ribbitribbitsaga Are you actually saying that after all the inner monologue we saw of Shishio, the author would just give him a girlfriend? He might not be shown with a boyfriend of his own since he's a side character, but he definitely isn't getting a girlfriend, that's so fucking stupid.

By the way, should this get a harem tag now? Technically three people love the MC.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, I love this. Thank you so much for the scanlation.

Great chapter overall. This series has a deep message.

I also love the translation work. I'd like to join... if only my internet was better.

Double-page supporter
I know it's a deep chapter with a beautiful meaning but I just wanted to say that Hanao looks like a Jojo character.

Double-page supporter
What a wonderful chapter. And at leas explained the side character

Double-page supporter
@Darklight99
Yes. There have been many manga that took a sharp turn on the story in the middle of the manga. Let us not forget Gal Cleaning where the author purposely put a rape backstory to spite the editors.

@Escheron
You know what's funny about the subversiveness of the word "homophobic"? Disdain does not mean fear :^)
>All they have to do is hold hands and they get accused of forcing their ideals.
That is such a strawman bro. They're obviously talking about stuff like the Colorado Christian Bakery being forced to bake a cake.
> A pride parade may seem like radical expression, but that is them celebrating surviving in a world that very much still persecutes them.
We are in the year 2020 you just can't type that over simplification without having an intent on covering what really happens in pride parades. You can look this up. You speak English, so you must live in a country where English is a language and your life is obviously not in threat since you openly talk about gays here. At this point, you're one of those that end up severing ties because some minor compliant gets you riled up. big guy you responded to might not go further down that rabbit hole but trust and believe someone is saying the f word to spite you.

Dex-chan lover
@ribbitribbitsaga That's not remotely similar, Shishio turning straight would go directly against the main point of his arc, his entire conflict came from his inability to confide in his parents' about his homosexuality. Him getting into a relationship with a girl turns all that moot. Gal Cleaning did not do what you think it did, as someone who had been reading it since chapter 1 came out, Gal Cleaning was a romcom, a love rival character was introduced who was given a flashback in which she was almost raped but saved by the MC which is why she was in love with him. That changed nothing about the plot, the plot, it added a pointless plot but didn't change anything about the romance between the MC and the gyaru.

Double-page supporter
@Darklight99
I read it since chapter 1 as well, please excuse my foggy memory. I'm saying you can't just expect him to get a boyfriend when the mangaka has the ability to ruin the story as well. And how would him having a girlfriend go against his arc? He just realizes he's gay. It would go against the whole moral? of the manga though. I just think it's understandable that he would end up with a girlfriend. It could show him shacking up with the big sister or the mangaka draws a gay character to keep it consistent. who really knows, I just think it's absurd to rule out them getting together just because dude realizes he likes dicks bruh

Dex-chan lover
@ribbitribbitsaga It is indeed very very absurd, the fact that I even have to explain this to you is mind boggling. Gay men are not attracted towards women, just like straight men aren't attracted to other men. Why do I even have to say this? Dear god man.

Double-page supporter
@darklight99
I'm going to end the discussion. I agree to disagree. Just because he is not attracted to women does not mean he won't settle with the big sister. Again the mangaka has the ability to make him bi and put the mere exposure effect into practice. I just think its too early to jump the gun.

So thats why shishio's answer to big sister's confession was so weirdly standoffish/nonchalant

Also @ribbitribbitsaga, being gay by definition means he's not shacking up with a girl, the entire point of the arc/this entire manga is that his preferences don't match conventional society's. The only reason gay men still settled down with a woman to procreate was to not get shunned by said society, you absolute dunce and/or bad troll

Users who are viewing this thread