Yari no Yuusha no Yarinaoshi

So good. Even better if you've read all of the webnovel so you get all the cameos and foreknowledge bits.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone spoil me? Is Raphtalia in this? I don’t see her on any cover art. Did she die offscreen?

Group Leader
@gum_rummy
Motoyasu screwed up the flow of events that created the main storyline, so she and Filo probably die in most of the new time loops due to Naofumi never visiting the Slave Trader at that point in time.

So in other, spear hero gets another chance to completely shit on Naofumi for a second time by being nicer to him, and undo all the good he (Naofumi) has ever done, just so he can take away one of the few people who should have been close to him (Naofumi.) I do see some people say that they prefer this than the original because it's more light-hearted or some other reason, and that is fine. But, I can't bring myself to like the spear hero. If anything, this story is his third chance in life. He died in his first life, got a second chance and still blew it, so he's gonna take somebody else's path and kick them to the curb.

Dex-chan lover
@Adokun
What the fuck do you even suggest, that he leaves Naofumi to suffer all through hell alone again? I get the feeling he'd rather kill himself than let father experience that a second time.

@Amplify
Don't get me wrong. It's good he's helping out Naofumi. My point is, however, spear hero's actions are not entirely pure and are made from literal experience. If this is exactly like the original world, Naofumi would turn out just fine since he'd learn from experience that you can't trust people so easily. It was this hell that lead him to meet those who would be his closest companions. When you get down to it, Spear hero is only doing the things he's doing right now because of his knowledge of the future. Without that, he'd do the same stupid decisions and this story wouldn't exist.

Dex-chan lover
@Adokun
But as I'm trying to point out, it's impossible to exactly follow the timeline again because firstly Motoyasu would not understand his party members at all so there would quickly be problems. He could maybe fake it for a day but not until the party where the Jewish raccoon does the "you didn't do it!" bit which is where he'd need to it, which brings me to problem two which I've already said: It would go directly against his nature to allow that to happen, his secondary purpose in life now which is no less important than the first is full on "PROTECC FATHER!", it has practically become the core of his being and he would never, ever allow anything that awful to happen to Naofumi again.

Not that he even realizes that the early hard lesson helped out Naofumi a lot or what things he did in that time for the most part, Spear was doing his own thing for the most part in the early days and I doubt Shield ever bothered to sit and list his early accomplishments and exploits to him to fill in the gaps. Even if common sense wasn't Spear's dump stat and he was capable of figuring some stuff out, he's going to have to discover things the hard way - by blundering into them over different restarts like how he discovered Eclair in the dungeons at the start of the current run.

@Amplify
We're going in circles here. He learned from his mistakes and it's against his nature to let things as they are in the original timeline, I get that. But that doesn't mean that's a reason for me to like him. He can have as much retries as he wants, even an alternate timeline where everything goes well, with Raphtalia & Firo present and without the injustice Naofumi had to face. For me, the damage is done and nobody can tell me to think or feel otherwise. You think it's petty? That's fine. I'm just stating my opinion on the matter. If you don't like it, that's fine as well. We can agree to disagree.

Dex-chan lover
@Adokun
I don't care if you like him, I want you to understand him.

Spear isn't doing what he's doing out of any sort of malicious intent to erase the good that Shield has done, he probably doesn't even realise most of it. He's just one idiot doing his best with what few IQ points he has using trial and error, that's all he can do with what he has and there's nothing there to blame him for. To blame him anyway is to be a bigger fool than he is, for even the Spear hero is capable of understanding people a little bit and changing his former mind on them when presented with new information.

@Amplify
What's your deal? Are we so low that we need to hurl insults at each other to prove a point. I never said I didn't understand him. I understand he's an idiot in the past and making up for the present reality, but that doesn't mean I should like him. The spearman means nothing to me and that's the end of it.

Dex-chan lover
@Adokun
A short, sharp shock is generally what it takes to wake somebody up from ignorance, talking nicely and being gentle with words rarely gets anywhere on that front.

Double-page supporter
@DiMuRie
Naofumi take care of the team. Naofumi cook for the team. Naofumi is worshipped as god. Everyone scare of Naofumi.

Best girl confirmed.

Double-page supporter
I want to read this but I havent finished the story of shield hero yet :(

Users who are viewing this thread