Yasei no Last Boss ga Arawareta!

Double-page supporter
@banjomarx I ahvent read this for a while (planning to catch up) But that was my biggest grip with it :/. Author just wansnt good enough to do something with it. Sad to hear it hasnt changed. Maybe I'll hold off catching up for now. Least that manga with the old man becoming a loli summoner, you see every now and then him complaining about it. or taking note how weird it feels. The gender bender still feels somewhat relevant.

*SPOILER ALERT*

You know... this whole complicated plot of MC being someone who produces super XP item does not explain a big plot hole:

Why one of guys betraying her did not have black wings if he supposedly ate it to level up with her like the rest of team? If he ate it and gained black wings, he would not be looked upon as leader he is considered as for the purist birbs

*SPOILER ALERT*

@Rainbow_Prism: The winged race don't get black wings due to leveling or gaining more magic power, but as a mutation of birth. Lufasu was born that way, as are the multiple other black-winged types in the city, most of whom are considerably weak and normal.

But the MC says otherwise, as well as background of race. Concentration of magic in the race of angels, which seems to be sensitive to magic and hating it, seems to be affecting wing color.

At one point, MC thought against feeding the angel girl the apple so that she would not have tainted wing color and not lose place among other angels.

So, why that guy would be different?

@Rainbow_Prism
It would cause any children he might have to come out with dark wings. Virgo wasn't given the apple not because she would have black wings, but because her children would. Both would lose standing amongst the other Skyfolk if it were revealed that they were the 'source' of the 'sin'. That's also why Lufasu's father sequestered her and her mother into a shack.

Also use the dang spoiler tags, there should be a blue bar right above the comment field that tells you how.

@maisonaustyn have you actually read the manga or did you just read the description and assumed? Because this one is actually better written and follows a totally different path compared to Overlord.
MC here is no villain in the making and they aren't on a journey to take over the world.

Much on the contrary, mc just wants to understand the situation he is in, as he travels gathering his former comrades and meeting the people he thinks he knows to try and return to his world.

As a bonus let me tell people here that the Genderswap was not used as a theme, it's just a part of the content. So no, don't expect the story to explore that aspect, the only reason why he gets genderbent is because he used to play a female character, the story doesn't have romance, it's an action and adventure story. It makes no sense for it to explore all the other aspects of genderbender stories.

i really dont think this is better written than the overlord light novels but, this is much different from overlord. all it has is some similar elements like the mc being a "last boss" character and having monstrous followers. its inspired by overlord at worst and its still quite an enjoyable read.

Good manga so far, reminds me of Helck. The guy saying this is like Overlord probably only read the first 5 chapters at best.

Honestly of all the isekais I've read, loofah-su is the weirdest name to give the MC lol.

Regarding the writing, I agree about pacing, I couldn't quite keep my interest with all the plot-described politics in it. I could care less about the gender-bend, but there's too many characters (12 zodiac people and some 5 generals and some backstabby lady and not including all those random organizations for each area), too many mini plots, and just... Idk, what the fuck is scope?

Concept was cool, I can see the parallels to Overlord. But goodness this is NOT Overlord, it's just isekai rambling that tries to be grandiose but dies in its own bulk.

I enjoy some of the personalities so far, and I like the mystery surrounding the Goddess and her abuse of these people. But I kind of need stronger characterization, because there's a decent sized side cast, outside the 12 stars and Lufasu. We're getting that a bit with the former heroes and this boy, so that's good. But the Demon King fella is a bit too enigmatic. I sense the conflict between him and the goddess, sure, but it seems purposefully obscured.

This is a pretty simple story with less than 20 characters of importance, so I've had no trouble keeping up, rather I just wish it kept me invested a bit more. The series has a unique cast, but other than the demons who really seem to be suffering existentially, this series lacks "heart". The author is writing this story from a zoomed out perspective that's great macroscopically for planning purposes, but horrible for character investment on the microscopic level. If I wanted to experience that feeling, I'd probably just go stare at a mini-map.

Dex-chan lover
@banjomarx
That's because this isn't actually a general swap story.
The male MC on Earth is actually the original Lufasu soul, Dina a triple agent that works for Lufasu. Dina works for the goddess, the demons, and Lufasu. The fake Lufasu in this world is a watered down Lufasu to fake out The Goddess. Dina is the game creator and is using the game to fake the goddess out so Lufasu can be revived once again. Its really convoluted stuff but Lufasu is just trying to revive basically.
That's why Lufasu never suspects Dina.

Why is the story so slow to progress? Also, when will we see a true fight, with actual suspense?

To those saying this isn't like Overlord
The second half of this series is DEFINITELY like Overlord, but lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread