Yeon Lok Heun

So this is an amazing read, i am glad i found it. Especially season 1, however season 2 is going kind of lackluster.
So at the start of S2, around 40-41 ch something big happens only nothing follows through with it. It's forgotten and followed with the the Bride episode and never mentione again like it was a mistake or something or the idea for it disappeared. They also did unjustice for the team. Like Yeon met her subordinates but there was no depth into the comradery they show in later chapters.
So this is just theory , but i guess the court lady Ming-something who wants to be empress either has some forsight/6th sense or she did something on the emperor's birthday that had her desperate in search for the emperor. I'm going that she did something like dark magic or dark potion that causes infatuation. Only the emperor had a slightly stronger reaction tgoward it since he was already looking at Yeon favorably as a male. The clues are all there, and there is no way he doesn't see it however maybe it's the gender that breaks away from the idea that the maid of that night is Yeon. Whatever it was it can't be undone.
As much I enjoy it, there is no mistake that S2 is all over the place. Taking you into so many plots and places and assuming that the reader already knows what is going on or gives off a brief summary of the circumstances showing off the valor of the mc. Which is no problem since she is not without obstacles or some sort of misunderstanding it just it gives so feeling of closure in some cases or lacks the build up in others.t The rush is not without in S1 but it slowed down enough to build up things.

It's a pretty good read 6/10 but just know that things might get a bit confusing in S2.

Can someone remind me of what happened with Yeon's father???? he's not mentioned in any of the latest chaps

The 10 first chapter have a fast pace

sweat.jpg

You will need about 80-90 chapters for the development. They are torturing each other because the FL is not showing herself, so stupid lol. but since we need a story, they she should prolong their hardship more. hahahahaha.

There's currently a contest on the artist's Twitter account @ mrmworks to celebrate the start of the third season. Prize is a Kakao Page Gift Card.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm curious about this and would like to start reading, but that sexual violence tag's putting me off... would anyone mind spoiling me what it is about?

Ahhhh!!! This is killing me!!! Someone, please tell me when the Emperor finds out she's a woman!!! I will literally stop reading and wait until then, this is just honestly, too painful!

I guess this is really SLOW burn
I mean I read 92nd chap and he still doesn't know her

@Yullk This work is not for anyone who is looking for a quick romance. If you are, please look elsewhere. While the work centres around the romance of the lead characters, it is more than just romance.

In regards to your spoiler answer...

The emperor Gayun began to be suspicious that the runaway girl he is looking for is Yeon after catching her and talking to the right lieutenant Mujin in chapter 74. In chapter 76 when Mujin questioned Yeon if she has a sister Yeon replied with a no; maybe that information was passed to the Gayun, which further adds to Gayun's suspicion.

@The_Crimson_Moon Read the spoiler in my earlier comment.

@nobile Hopefully someone else can explain this work better than I can. On the other hand, I feel that tag is a bit misleading? I don't know. I think the closest this work has gone so far in regards to that tag, but not limited to...

a) The male lead kissing the unconscious female lead from the get-go b) Putting moves on her (ex. kissing her neck) c) He is in a disguise and forces a kiss on the female lead in which she presume the him to be another person.
So far everything in the story is tame even the partial nudity (hot) scenes. However, I think much much later on in the unyet told part of the story when the female lead is held against her will by the male lead and something happens between the two. This, nonetheless, appears to be a one-time event, which doesn't dismisses that the overall work is still tame.

In general, those stuff are quite common in the time period this work is set in.

This gal gonna be real surprise when she finds out Yeon is the imperial head general lmao.

Thanks for the updates, it's one of my favorite story in the moment

Dear wonderful scanlation team. Thank you for these updates. Love this story. Thank you thank you thank you!!! - Ardent Fan

Gotta say, it kind of lost me on the romance. I really just kinda want to see him be a big brother figure to her while she runs around having fun solving mysteries.

Definitely, a great strength is the drawing complementing the atmosphere of the setting. The story isn't particularly brilliant but it's still nice to read, with a kind of old school episodic arcs. But the mood is what's making this unique : both fantastic and traditional with the dark tone of the world as well as the melancholic side of every character it makes a very nice read.

Two new chapters. Thank you for the early Christmas gift. I love this story. The emperor and Yeon together again. (Yay!!)

Users who are viewing this thread